Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:26 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:47 am 
Cruiserweight

mge weleng heye keye keng ene ene eng peneg sesebe nye...pweeeeeeeeee! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:32 am 
Heavyweight

alaskador2 wrote:
mge weleng heye keye keng ene ene eng peneg sesebe nye...pweeeeeeeeee! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mang alaska ba!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:05 am 
Welterweight

PATAY KUNG PATAY! LABAN PACMAN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:50 am 
Heavyweight

well....para madrama ang dating....

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│
© ΘRIGINAL PRΘFILE ®

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:48 am 
Bantamweight

don't think it literally....everytime our national anthem is being sang on international audience and heard that last line, it makes me proud being a filipino...don't you??

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:11 am 
Cruiserweight

Pinoy Hitman wrote:
alaskador2 wrote:

Mang alaska ba!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:08 am 
Heavyweight

The way it's shown on the NIKE commercial is really morbid "Ang mamatay nang dahil sa yo." Without the rest of the lyrics it sounds like funeral. Who's idea is it?. And the way it was sung funeral man, funeral.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:29 am 
Cruiserweight

noel3393 wrote:
The sense of strong nationalism is very evident and that's good, but don't you think "Nang Mamatay Nang Dahil Sa 'Yo." is way too morbid to be used as Manny's 'slogan'?

The impression is that Manny is facing great odds in his coming fight and, literally, he will be fighting for his life.

Agree. Noticed that one also. As if it's a slogan for someone who gave his own life for the sake of our country like Jose Rizal. There's no question about the lines but the question is does Manny or Pacland needs that one now? Even the word "Winning is worth losing everything for" implies something weird.

MAAYO UNTA TANGTANGON SA NI.

SIMBAKO PALAYO.

Translation: Church me away ! :D

My two cents.

Fore!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:03 am 
Middleweight

insoyuz72 wrote:
The way it's shown on the NIKE commercial is really morbid "Ang mamatay nang dahil sa yo." Without the rest of the lyrics it sounds like funeral. Who's idea is it?. And the way it was sung funeral man, funeral.

I tried starting a thread related to this but I think the mods shut it down. Anyway… I read in another local forum about Manny saying he would only fight for himself and his family on national TV last June after he lost his congressional bid for Gen San.

I was wondering how this would jive with the new Nike ad campaign and specially to his song "Para sa 'yo ang laban na 'to" What do you think?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:56 am 
Featherweight

YOUR interpretation of the national anthem is TOO superficial. kindly go back to your gradeschool teacher and ask for some clarification. :?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:26 am 
Middleweight

kristian020302 wrote:
YOUR interpretation of the national anthem is TOO superficial. kindly go back to your gradeschool teacher and ask for some clarification. :?

Your interpretation of my post is SOOOOO off tangent. Go back to where you came from. :throwup:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:20 am 
Light Heavyweight

kidlatkamao wrote:
margonz wrote:
"Nang Mamatay Nang Dahil Sa 'Yo." Why Death?

This is funny.... from what song did you get this line?
Either you're playing stupid or simply stupid. :? I'm sure you're pinoy. National anthem mo di mo alam.

because you do belong to what you've been said..

you did not get his point..

The right line must be " Ang mamatay ng dahil sa 'yo ".

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:42 am 
Light Heavyweight

kidlatkamao wrote:
margonz wrote:
kidlatkamao: Are you telling me I did not know the lyrics of Lupang Hinirang? You're funny too. Perhaps you need to carefully read the lyrics of Lupang Hinirang yourself. Here's a link for you.

http://www.lyricsdownload.com/david-gates-lupang-hinirang-philippine-national-anthem-lyrics.html

So now I'm the one who is being funny. From your original post you're who cant even recall that the words "mamatay ng dahil sa yo" was taken from the lyrics of our national anthem. Now you're telling me that I dont know the lyrics of our national anthem? Thats really funny indeed, really funny. :(

KidlatKamao: c4pacfan is right you're taking my sarcasm seriously. Even rjunz1 got my point. you must listen to these guys and learn how to digest my post before to start replying or everybody will be laughing at you....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:56 am 
Heavyweight

Ang mamatay on top of Ara Mina will sound better. :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:20 pm 
Cruiserweight

noel3393 wrote:
The sense of strong nationalism is very evident and that's good, but don't you think "Nang Mamatay Nang Dahil Sa 'Yo." is way too morbid to be used as Manny's 'slogan'?

The impression is that Manny is facing great odds in his coming fight and, literally, he will be fighting for his life.

Yeah the slogan of his commercial is too morbid that it sounds fake and outright corny. It also sounds cheap than noble as in even if it translates to "to die for you?" it does not sound classy in tagalog.

It is also phony in the sense that Pac does not go in there for his life, he goes in there to get paid 2-3million dollars or 100-150million pesos. I am sure that many posters here will get a pair of gloves and go in the ring against Barrera if one will get paid that much money. Boxing is a deadly sport, but it is still a controlled sport with rules, if MP goes there like a gladiator in ancient Rome where he has to kill or be killed for the honor of his country without being paid a single peso, then that is the time that he is ready to die for this country.

The Nike commercial is just a business add with a gimmick mentioning the term "mamatay".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next