Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:54 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:54 pm 
Heavyweight

new town wrote:
noel3393 wrote:
The sense of strong nationalism is very evident and that's good, but don't you think "Nang Mamatay Nang Dahil Sa 'Yo." is way too morbid to be used as Manny's 'slogan'?

The impression is that Manny is facing great odds in his coming fight and, literally, he will be fighting for his life.

Why not request any of the Mods to lock your thread? :peace:

Believe me, I was waiting for that to happen from their end but now I can be at peace. Because did you notice something? That ominous, dark,and brooding ad is no longer to be seen in the recent posts. The gods of the Mods must have taken notice of my ravings & rantings, somehow found some good sense in them that made them to decide to finally do away with that offensive ad.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:06 pm 
Welterweight

The correct line in our national anthem says "Ang mamatay ng dahil sa'yo". "Nang mamatay..." is grammatically incorrect unless it means that Pacman died for our country, God forbids.

Whoever is the creative artist behind this concept should be terminated from his job. Does the tag line sounds boxing to you? Not a bit. The Nike logo looks like a cult's emblem.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:43 am 
Welterweight

With the words "Ang mamatay ng dahil sayo" and his pics all over the metro. Its like a massive posting of his obituary. Its like his tombstone was written all over the metro. There is no sense of nationalism in it because of the images used. They used MP and Nike logos after the words "Ang mamatay ng dahil sayo" . So who is he fighting for? himself? Nike? Heck, Emilio Aguinaldo at least brought along the National Flag when he sang the anthem in Cavite!

I like him better wearing the No Fear brand. It instills fear in his opponents, the moment he marches in with the No Fear bandana on his forehead, it sends chills to his opponents.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:14 pm 
Heavyweight

el_niño_misutoy wrote:
The correct line in our national anthem says "Ang mamatay ng dahil sa'yo". "Nang mamatay..." is grammatically incorrect unless it means that Pacman died for our country, God forbids.

Whoever is the creative artist behind this concept should be terminated from his job. Does the tag line sounds boxing to you? Not a bit. The Nike logo looks like a [size=150]cult's emblem[/size].

On the subject of cults and emblems there is one website I would like for those with curious minds to investigate. I just sort of stumbled into it. I learned something from there that caused me to raise hell when I saw a similarity of Nike's ad on Manny. Nothing to do with boxing but, definitely, more interesting and covers not only about simple symbols and cults but sinister plans for world domination. It is http://www.infowars.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:20 pm 
Middleweight

NoFear Man wrote:
With the words "Ang mamatay ng dahil sayo" and his pics all over the metro. Its like a massive posting of his obituary. Its like his tombstone was written all over the metro. There is no sense of nationalism in it because of the images used. They used MP and Nike logos after the words "Ang mamatay ng dahil sayo" . So who is he fighting for? himself? Nike? Heck, Emilio Aguinaldo at least brought along the National Flag when he sang the anthem in Cavite!

I like him better wearing the No Fear brand. It instills fear in his opponents, the moment he marches in with the No Fear bandana on his forehead, it sends chills to his opponents.

Yes! No Fear, is still better than the Nike gimmick.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:36 pm 
Cruiserweight

margonz wrote:
"Nang Mamatay Nang Dahil Sa 'Yo." Why Death?

This is funny.... from what song did you get this line?

Bro, if you are a Filipino you should know this. Oh what a pity tsk, tsk, tsk... :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:47 pm 
Cruiserweight

insoyuz72 wrote:
The way it's shown on the NIKE commercial is really morbid "Ang mamatay nang dahil sa yo." Without the rest of the lyrics it sounds like funeral. Who's idea is it?. And the way it was sung funeral man, funeral.

Bro, this particular issue re Manny's battle line as designed and conceptualized by NIKE has been reviewed and approved by Manny himself. The first time it came here at Pacland, every Paclanders says it is fantastic and now some of you are questioning it.

If Manny himself approved that line, then who are we to question it?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:50 am 
Light Heavyweight

malem50 wrote:
margonz wrote:

Bro, if you are a Filipino you should know this. Oh what a pity tsk, tsk, tsk... :(

Kidlat-Kamao is that you... Malem50 have the same line of thinking with the former. What a pity ... tsk tsk tsk....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:32 am 
Strawweight

wardag wrote:
That was similar to the last line of the Lupang Hinirang, our nat'l anthem. If you take the whole last stanza, you can get a better meaning or message, that is "Our country is worth dying for"

Yeah only it wasn't phrase as "Nang Mamatay ng dahil sayo" but rather "Ang Mamatay Ng dahil Sayo" LOL!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:59 pm 
Heavyweight

malem50 wrote:
insoyuz72 wrote:
The way it's shown on the NIKE commercial is really morbid "Ang mamatay nang dahil sa yo." Without the rest of the lyrics it sounds like funeral. Who's idea is it?. And the way it was sung funeral man, funeral.

Bro, this particular issue re Manny's battle line as designed and conceptualized by NIKE has been reviewed and approved by Manny himself. The first time it came here at Pacland, every Paclanders says it is fantastic and now some of you are questioning it.

Good point. But when money is involved, lots of it, sometimes good judgment takes a backseat. Even Manny himself wouldn't have known the serious implications of that ominious ad. His advisers wouldn't have known any better also.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:21 pm 
Heavyweight

noel3393 wrote:
malem50 wrote:
insoyuz72 wrote:

Good point. But when money is involved, lots of it, sometimes good judgment takes a backseat. Even Manny himself wouldn't have known the serious implications of that ominious ad. His advisers wouldn't have known any better also.

It's ominous, not ominious.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:55 pm 
Heavyweight

noel3393 wrote:
The sense of strong nationalism is very evident and that's good, but don't you think "Nang Mamatay Nang Dahil Sa 'Yo." is way too morbid to be used as Manny's 'slogan'?

The impression is that Manny is facing great odds in his coming fight and, literally, he will be fighting for his life.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:44 pm 
Heavyweight

margonz wrote:
malem50 wrote:
margonz wrote:

Kidlat-Kamao is that you... Malem50 have the same line of thinking with the former. What a pity ... tsk tsk tsk....
You did'nt even bothered to answer my post and now you're asking me another question. Wag ka ng magtaka if you'll receive this kind of reply. Review the thread and see how many times you've recieved this kind of reply. Katangahan naman kasi talaga yang post mo at hindi nakakatawa. I dont have second handle. Malem50 is also an old timer here. Next time if you're reply is meant to be a joke put a smiley. It helps, bigtime!!!! Trust me. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:58 pm 
Heavyweight

The "death-wish" Nike slogan is back. What can I say, except, "Money doesn't talk, it shouts!"

Of all the national anthems of the world, only the Philippines has that kind of "makabagbagdamdamin" ending especially when it is sung with feelings. It is heart-wrenching. Morbid? Maybe not at all. Just being uniquely Filipino.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:50 pm 
Heavyweight

insoyuz72 wrote:

Yes, like a dirge. Or a send-off lamentation to someone who is about to meet certain death. Nationalism? Sense of the macabre is more like it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next