Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:29 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:46 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:48 pm
Posts: 1105
Location: House of Kim Chiu
tonight will be barrera's Ramadan because he will pray all night long

_________________
Art is a BANG!
ARE YOU FEELING ME BROS?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:56 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:27 am
Posts: 168
Location: Behind You
Woohooo!!! Today is the day of the fight! Haven't slept all night yesterday. I actually ordered the fight on Pay per view two days ago and I haven't slept since. It does feel like christmas eve. I wonder if the fight is going to be delayed in the phil because it says on my TV guide that the fight later starts at 9:00 pm. It's already almost 9 am here Eastern Time in TO, Canada. But on the countdown in the pacland site, last time I checked it was at one day, 2 hrs, and 14 minutes before the fight starts in the Phil. If it will be broadcast live, shouldn't the time read atleast 12 hours remaining before the fight? I'm confused... Either way I'll record the fight on DVD and post it right after the fight. I hope Manny succeeds in defeating Barrera. So much is at stake here. Contrary to what others think, I thought Manny looked great in the weigh in. You could tell who's working harder. Pacquiao was leaner and his body seem to be more chiseled and have more muscle than the flabby Barrera. Barrera doesn't even have the same definition in his mid section as Pacquiao does. I think all those news about the distraction was just blown up to make the fight interesting because it seems to me from the way the Pac Man looks that he trained supremely for this fight.

_________________
""I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage (Myth Busters)"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:04 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue May 11, 2004 10:37 am
Posts: 6346
Location: Barrio
Just imagine when he moves up to 135 or fights Guzman/Valero.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:06 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:35 am
Posts: 9250
X-mas, you say? Brad will be humming "Silent Night" for Barrera, while Nick and Salven will be singing "Joy To The World" for the Pacman, tomorrow. :lol: "Peace on Earth, Goodwill to men," to all yah, guys. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:07 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:03 am
Posts: 2853
new town wrote:
X-mas, you say? Brad will be humming "Silent Night" for Barrera, while Nick and Salven will be singing "Joy To The World" for the Pacman, tomorrow. :lol: "Peace on Earth, Goodwill to men," to all yah, guys. :lol: :lol: :lol:


NEW TOWN - Just so can be sure, you think I am actually routing for Barrera to win?? You really think that? lol


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:10 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:06 pm
Posts: 9424
Location: Here There & Everywhere
sugarmaple 07 wrote:
I wonder if crime rate in Mexico will also drop today Oct.6 . :shock:


There will be zero crossing rate at the border. :biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:30 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:12 pm
Posts: 1504
Location: Metro Manila
[quote="bradcooney1"]I remember when I was a kid, I would never get to sleep on Christmas Eve. I knew that in the morning when I woke up I would find the Christmas gifts that Santa Claus had left for me. This is Christmas Eve for Manny Pacquiao fans, because this is the eve of the fight that everyone has been waiting for. Manny Pacquiao and Marco Antonio Barrera will finally meet face to face. Freddie Roach says Pacquiao will come out with all guns blazing, Barrera's people are saying, " Don't think for a second that this fight is going to be a cake walk for Pacquiao."

Will the aging baby face assassin have anything left in the tank? Does Pacquiao have the pressure on his shoulders?
Most are projecting a knockout for Pacquiao somewhere during the later rounds of the fight. Will the "Marco Bolo" emerge as the terminator punch? Will Barrera shock the world, and pull of a major upset, an upset that will rank among the best in a very long time?

Tomorrow night we will find out the answer to all of those questions. The entire nation of The Philippines will come to a standstill. Crime will drop in The Philippines at least for one day. Mexico will have all eyes on Barrera, they will be asking if there is one more dramatic war left in their warrior. Tune in folks, the war is before us.

Brad C[/quote]



It's like Christmas eve indeed.....!!!

I can't wait for tomorrow....!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:40 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 1585
Location: Sampaloc
I am die hard Pacman fan, but I have to admit I dont remember
being this much excited before the fight. I think I know exactly
why and I am going to share you guys my thought.

Even with Pacquiao's dominance over Barerra on their first meeting,
Barerra never really admitted that he was defeated on his best. Made
all kinds of excuses, for the most part it was about being distracted
from his training.

Anyways to make everything short. If Pacman repeat what he did
to Barrera back in 2003. The questions that had been bothering us
about the first fight will be erased for good. Was it really because
it wasn't Barrera's best thats why Pacquiao won?

Or is it because Pacquiao is a more greater fighter than Barerra?
Tonight we will find out and I wish both fighters good luck and
I hope they will give us a very exciting fight for this once of a
lifetime match up between two of the well respected fighters of todays
boxing world.

So excited, I cant wait


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:08 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:47 am
Posts: 21636
Location: Al Khobar KSA
Dodong Alicaba wrote:
bradcooney1 wrote:
I remember when I was a kid, I would never get to sleep on Christmas Eve. I knew that in the morning when I woke up I would find the Christmas gifts that Santa Claus had left for me. This is Christmas Eve for Manny Pacquiao fans, because this is the eve of the fight that everyone has been waiting for. Manny Pacquiao and Marco Antonio Barrera will finally meet face to face. Freddie Roach says Pacquiao will come out with all guns blazing, Barrera's people are saying, " Don't think for a second that this fight is going to be a cake walk for Pacquiao."

Will the aging baby face assassin have anything left in the tank? Does Pacquiao have the pressure on his shoulders?
Most are projecting a knockout for Pacquiao somewhere during the later rounds of the fight. Will the "Marco Bolo" emerge as the terminator punch? Will Barrera shock the world, and pull of a major upset, an upset that will rank among the best in a very long time?

Tomorrow night we will find out the answer to all of those questions. The entire nation of The Philippines will come to a standstill. Crime will drop in The Philippines at least for one day. Mexico will have all eyes on Barrera, they will be asking if there is one more dramatic war left in their warrior. Tune in folks, the war is before us.

Brad C




It's like Christmas eve indeed.....!!!

I can't wait for tomorrow....!!


Merry Christmas PACLANDERS!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:50 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 6:54 am
Posts: 1161
bradcooney1 wrote:
I remember when I was a kid, I would never get to sleep on Christmas Eve. I knew that in the morning when I woke up I would find the Christmas gifts that Santa Claus had left for me. This is Christmas Eve for Manny Pacquiao fans, because this is the eve of the fight that everyone has been waiting for. Manny Pacquiao and Marco Antonio Barrera will finally meet face to face. Freddie Roach says Pacquiao will come out with all guns blazing, Barrera's people are saying, " Don't think for a second that this fight is going to be a cake walk for Pacquiao."

Will the aging baby face assassin have anything left in the tank? Does Pacquiao have the pressure on his shoulders?
Most are projecting a knockout for Pacquiao somewhere during the later rounds of the fight. Will the "Marco Bolo" emerge as the terminator punch? Will Barrera shock the world, and pull of a major upset, an upset that will rank among the best in a very long time?

Tomorrow night we will find out the answer to all of those questions. The entire nation of The Philippines will come to a standstill. Crime will drop in The Philippines at least for one day. Mexico will have all eyes on Barrera, they will be asking if there is one more dramatic war left in their warrior. Tune in folks, the war is before us.

Brad C


Question for you, Brad. Is Manny gaining more American fans (and I mean Caucasian and African Americans, not Hispanics or Asian Americans) or is he still a relative unknown to these audience except for the hardcore boxing fans?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:55 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:16 am
Posts: 5169
Location: land of the semi-free
boxing fan wrote:
bradcooney1 wrote:
I remember when I was a kid, I would never get to sleep on Christmas Eve. I knew that in the morning when I woke up I would find the Christmas gifts that Santa Claus had left for me. This is Christmas Eve for Manny Pacquiao fans, because this is the eve of the fight that everyone has been waiting for. Manny Pacquiao and Marco Antonio Barrera will finally meet face to face. Freddie Roach says Pacquiao will come out with all guns blazing, Barrera's people are saying, " Don't think for a second that this fight is going to be a cake walk for Pacquiao."

Will the aging baby face assassin have anything left in the tank? Does Pacquiao have the pressure on his shoulders?
Most are projecting a knockout for Pacquiao somewhere during the later rounds of the fight. Will the "Marco Bolo" emerge as the terminator punch? Will Barrera shock the world, and pull of a major upset, an upset that will rank among the best in a very long time?

Tomorrow night we will find out the answer to all of those questions. The entire nation of The Philippines will come to a standstill. Crime will drop in The Philippines at least for one day. Mexico will have all eyes on Barrera, they will be asking if there is one more dramatic war left in their warrior. Tune in folks, the war is before us.

Brad C


Question for you, Brad. Is Manny gaining more American fans (and I mean Caucasian and African Americans, not Hispanics or Asian Americans) or is he still a relative unknown to these audience except for the hardcore boxing fans?



Good question, I was wanting to ask the same question when this fight was announced.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:00 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:06 pm
Posts: 9424
Location: Here There & Everywhere
c4pacfan wrote:
I am die hard Pacman fan, but I have to admit I dont remember
being this much excited before the fight. I think I know exactly
why and I am going to share you guys my thought.

Even with Pacquiao's dominance over Barerra on their first meeting,
Barerra never really admitted that he was defeated on his best. Made
all kinds of excuses, for the most part it was about being distracted
from his training.

Anyways to make everything short. If Pacman repeat what he did
to Barrera back in 2003. The questions that had been bothering us
about the first fight will be erased for good. Was it really because
it wasn't Barrera's best thats why Pacquiao won?

Or is it because Pacquiao is a more greater fighter than Barerra?
Tonight we will find out and I wish both fighters good luck and
I hope they will give us a very exciting fight for this once of a
lifetime match up between two of the well respected fighters of todays
boxing world.

So excited, I cant wait


I won't wish Barrera good luck if I were you. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:05 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:03 am
Posts: 2853
boxing fan wrote:
bradcooney1 wrote:
I remember when I was a kid, I would never get to sleep on Christmas Eve. I knew that in the morning when I woke up I would find the Christmas gifts that Santa Claus had left for me. This is Christmas Eve for Manny Pacquiao fans, because this is the eve of the fight that everyone has been waiting for. Manny Pacquiao and Marco Antonio Barrera will finally meet face to face. Freddie Roach says Pacquiao will come out with all guns blazing, Barrera's people are saying, " Don't think for a second that this fight is going to be a cake walk for Pacquiao."

Will the aging baby face assassin have anything left in the tank? Does Pacquiao have the pressure on his shoulders?
Most are projecting a knockout for Pacquiao somewhere during the later rounds of the fight. Will the "Marco Bolo" emerge as the terminator punch? Will Barrera shock the world, and pull of a major upset, an upset that will rank among the best in a very long time?

Tomorrow night we will find out the answer to all of those questions. The entire nation of The Philippines will come to a standstill. Crime will drop in The Philippines at least for one day. Mexico will have all eyes on Barrera, they will be asking if there is one more dramatic war left in their warrior. Tune in folks, the war is before us.

Brad C


Question for you, Brad. Is Manny gaining more American fans (and I mean Caucasian and African Americans, not Hispanics or Asian Americans) or is he still a relative unknown to these audience except for the hardcore boxing fans?


In the boxing world he's HUGE with the American boxing fans. Non boxing fans don't really know who he is though, but the same case could be made for a lot of pro fighters over here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:14 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 1585
Location: Sampaloc
10cc wrote:
c4pacfan wrote:
I am die hard Pacman fan, but I have to admit I dont remember
being this much excited before the fight. I think I know exactly
why and I am going to share you guys my thought.

Even with Pacquiao's dominance over Barerra on their first meeting,
Barerra never really admitted that he was defeated on his best. Made
all kinds of excuses, for the most part it was about being distracted
from his training.

Anyways to make everything short. If Pacman repeat what he did
to Barrera back in 2003. The questions that had been bothering us
about the first fight will be erased for good. Was it really because
it wasn't Barrera's best thats why Pacquiao won?

Or is it because Pacquiao is a more greater fighter than Barerra?
Tonight we will find out and I wish both fighters good luck and
I hope they will give us a very exciting fight for this once of a
lifetime match up between two of the well respected fighters of todays
boxing world.

So excited, I cant wait


I won't wish Barrera good luck if I were you. :D


sorry I am a boxing fan, even though I am a Pacquiao fan I still
have lots of respect for Barrera. In other words I am not taking
back what I've said. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:22 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:49 am
Posts: 1008
Location: Oakland CA
Xmas eve indeed.

We will be watching at my Cousin's House who is Celebrating his 34th bday. He's so excited that I convinced him to buy a new HDTV. I went with him to Help & I end up Buying a New Digital Camera That I'm drooling for 2 weeks now. He's got a New TV & I got new toy too & It's not my Bday yet. Xmas indeed.

Brad, can you ask Manny if he's willing to fight Mayweather at a Catchweight so we can Prove who is the True P4P #1????


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group