Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:44 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:44 am 
Welterweight

mexifan wrote:
mexifan wrote:
I suggest you turn off the volume of your set. That was the right score. Barrera had his moments but it was not a complete shut out for Manny like in the other cards suggest. That score was way too generous for our boy Manny. It was an exciting fight with some rounds going either way of the combatants. 155-122 is about right.

Huh? Sorry, guys. I didn't see the typo. I really should read my post before I hit submit. It's okay, I deserve the humiliation and the bashing. That is idiotic of me. :lol: That should have read
Quote:
115-122
. My bad. :lol:

sablay pa rin hehehehehehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

trans: You're still not of the hook!lol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:42 am 
Light Heavyweight

mexifan wrote:
mexifan wrote:
I suggest you turn off the volume of your set. That was the right score. Barrera had his moments but it was not a complete shut out for Manny like in the other cards suggest. That score was way too generous for our boy Manny. It was an exciting fight with some rounds going either way of the combatants. 155-122 is about right.

Huh? Sorry, guys. I didn't see the typo. I really should read my post before I hit submit. It's okay, I deserve the humiliation and the bashing. That is idiotic of me. :lol: That should have read 115-122. My bad. :lol:

I'm curious what kind of drugs your on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:55 am 
Cruiserweight

jurgen1225 wrote:
mexifan wrote:
First of all, there is no such scoring as 155-122 unless you want boxing go up to 16 rounds and even then that scoring cannot happen as it has 33 points difference. ANyway, I think I know boxing enough to make a reasonable judgement. If a guy is landing 25 punches and the other is lang 5 for almost every round then it is just impossible to give the losing guy the round. Sure Barrera had his moments... probably 3 moments in the entire fight in different rounds but Manny had the rest. 115-112 just gives me chills as why they keep such a judge.... thanks and please check your scoring before posting.... Tom, is that you?

It is possible for a boxer to win a round with landing only 5 if one of those punches hurt the other boxer. I'm not saying Barrera landed the harder punches, but it's possible and counting the number punches landed is how it's scored in amateur fights and not pro fights. For example, although I realized most of you guys didn't follow boxing before Manny Pacquiao, Ali-Frazier I which Ali landed more punches by 4-1 but guess who won the fight?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:33 am 
Cruiserweight

jurgen1225 wrote:
... So disgusting... He should quit scoring boxing and move on to scoring soccer. I guess that's an easier job for him. :?

that's the ogr way of scoring from mr. schreck

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:36 am 
Heavyweight

c4pacfan wrote:
mexifan wrote:
mexifan wrote:

Huh? Sorry, guys. I didn't see the typo. I really should read my post before I hit submit. It's okay, I deserve the humiliation and the bashing. That is idiotic of me. :lol: That should have read 115-122. My bad. :lol:

I'm curious what kind of drugs your on.

The drugs I use? Hmmmm...Too much browsing and Pacland forum jumping. 115 -112. Ayan. Bash pa kayo. Ha ha ha. Here's my excuse - my keyboard doesn't have a numpad which I'm more used to typing. Lame excuse, I know. Ha ha ha.

Sorry for getting your thread hijacked for my monumental blunder, thread starter.