Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:17 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:19 am 
Cruiserweight

Hey guys, I just listened to this podcast of Manny Pacquiao being interviewed right before the fight. Please listen to it. Very funny Manny. A side you probably never heard before. The people who are interviewing him are the LOOSE CANNONS. They are a very popular sports radio show in LOS ANGELES AM 570.

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/ ... Interviews

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:38 am 
Heavyweight

Thanks ! Cool interview, very relaxed :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:52 am 
Middleweight

[quote="Show me the money"]Hey guys, I just listened to this podcast of Manny Pacquiao being interviewed right before the fight. Please listen to it. Very funny Manny. A side you probably never heard before. The people who are interviewing him are the LOOSE CANNONS. They are a very popular sports radio show in LOS ANGELES AM 570.

Wow! Manny really can communicate in english.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:00 am 
Cruiserweight

philboxfan wrote:
Show me the money wrote:
Hey guys, I just listened to this podcast of Manny Pacquiao being interviewed right before the fight. Please listen to it. Very funny Manny. A side you probably never heard before. The people who are interviewing him are the LOOSE CANNONS. They are a very popular sports radio show in LOS ANGELES AM 570.

Wow! Manny really can communicate in english.

its funny when Michael Thompson asked Manny what was his favorite Bee Gees song and Manny replied I started a juke hehehe ( i started a joke)

but the funny part was Michael Thompson actually understood what he was saying and I dont know if Michael was kissing Manny's butt but he said that song is very good bee gees song :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:08 am 
Heavyweight

Indeed, MP can communicate well ...

Last time I was in Cebu (10 years ago), I had to speak to some downtown people (shops,etc) in English, they can't speak Tagalog ! (only Bisaya of course)

As for that "juke", only Filipinos who have not experienced the world think that's funny and laugh at that, so Michael will not laugh. When I was in Manila, some people laughed at Visayan accent (even typecast in Tagalog comedy movies). When I got into business with Visayans, it was certainly nothing to laugh about. When I started going overseas, that expanded my mind to various people who can only speak halting English (but had lots of money needed by the business :) ). Indonesians actually have something like a Visayan accent (or speak "hard" English), and they are certainly VIPs.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:14 am 
Heavyweight

I'm always cool... :lol: