Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:09 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:29 am 
Heavyweight

I think Pacquiao will win convincingly on their third outing.
Why? Because on their second Pacquiao was not his true self while Marquez was his best.
We all have seen all the best Marquez can do.
If Pacquiao puts his game on a higher level there is no chance he can be beaten by Marquez.
Fine Marquez is a more technical and graceful fighter but could be knocked down.
Pacquiao could be hit but too strong to sustain attacks and stay up. Given the chance, ready to
explode punches to put JMM down.
I am really longing for a Pacman's win over JMM via KO...at least JMM's first career KO defeat.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:09 am 
Middleweight

pan_ni_pakyaw wrote:
I think Pacquiao will win convincingly on their third outing.
Why? Because on their second Pacquiao was not his true self while Marquez was his best.
We all have seen all the best Marquez can do.
If Pacquiao puts his game on a higher level there is no chance he can be beaten by Marquez.
Fine Marquez is a more technical and graceful fighter but could be knocked down.
Pacquiao could be hit but too strong to sustain attacks and stay up. Given the chance, ready to
explode punches to put JMM down.
I am really longing for a Pacman's win over JMM via KO...at least JMM's first career KO defeat.

Fully understood you bro, I'm a fan of our own Pacquiao too, but as I've seen it, Manny and Roach was not able to solve the Marquez puzzle. I don't like the way Manny's getting hit with all those straight right and left by Marquez. I agree Manny has learned a bit in defense but in his last showing, not enough to pin down Marquez. No matter how hard your chin is, but if it should be hit all the time, then there's a chance that you would be kissing the canvass too, and that's what I don,t like to happen. My advice to the duo, is to train hard in defense against Marquez, coz in what I've noticed, it was Marquez who's quicker and moving faster than Manny, review the fight, and you'll see it. Anyway, good luck to our champ and may God bless you too bro. 8)