Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:09 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:35 am 
Heavyweight

I think Pacquiao will win convincingly on their third outing.
Why? Because on their second Pacquiao was not his true self while Marquez was his best.
We all have seen all the best Marquez can do.
If Pacquiao puts his game on a higher level there is no chance he can be beaten by Marquez.
Fine Marquez is a more technical and graceful fighter but could be knocked down.
Pacquiao could be hit but too strong to sustain attacks and stay up. Given the chance, ready to
explode punches to put JMM down.
I am really longing for a Pacman's win over JMM via KO...at least JMM's first career KO defeat.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:53 am 
Welterweight

Pacquiao wasn't at his best performance when he fought Marquez for the second time? I don't know. Because the first meeting was draw, Pacquiao vowed that he would make a better result in the rematch. But it just happened that Marquez went into a defensive style, making it very frustrating for Pacquiao to land punches.

I guess if they meet for the third time, the outcome would be a lot different. Marquez would probably be more aggressive because that defensive play really cost him the title.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:05 am 
Heavyweight

Blueberry Muffin wrote:
Pacquiao wasn't at his best performance when he fought Marquez for the second time? I don't know. Because the first meeting was draw, Pacquiao vowed that he would make a better result in the rematch. But it just happened that Marquez went into a defensive style, making it very frustrating for Pacquiao to land punches.

I guess if they meet for the third time, the outcome would be a lot different. Marquez would probably be more aggressive because that defensive play really cost him the title.

You say Marquez would be a lot more aggressive if he faces Pacquiao the third time. If JMM does that will create more problems on him because that is what Pacquiao wants him to be. Pacquiao does not want to be the aggressor because JMM can counter punch him. This is very noticeable in the 4th round of their second fight. The old Pac usually does not stop attacking after a knockdown of the opponent. But he did on this round because he was too cautious of JMM's counters. To me, had the 3 knockdowns in their first fight appeared in 3 different rounds, Pac surely had been the victor.
The knockdowns in the first round made him too confident but careless.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:14 am 
Lightweight

If Marquez has to be more agressive in there third fight then for sure Pacquiao will win by knockout.

Good example was the the third round when marquez was being agressive and almost lost the match. To win Marquez has to be doing what he does best which is counter punching. Hopefully he makes it more exciting and trades with Manny!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:17 am 
Lightweight

No matter how many times these guys will fight, it would be the same over and over.-Emmanuel Stewart.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:30 am 
Featherweight

are you kidding me?..pacquiao was at his best in this fight..he even said this the hardest he's trained for a fight..34yr marquez looked slower then the first fight no way marquez was at his best..pacquiao is just being smart waiting for marquez to get little bit more older.

Last edited by boxingfan18 on Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:33 am 
Heavyweight

imPACtito wrote:
No matter how many times these guys will fight, it would be the same over and over.-Emmanuel Stewart.

True. JMM will always outbox Pac. A couple of KD from PAC will keep it close. NO KD'S Pac loses.IF Marquez drops Pac he puts the stamp on it that he is the better BOXER no doubt. Note boxer. And that he was robbed not once but twice. Third time? I hope not that the right decision is given.....

Last edited by Numero uno on Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:40 am 
Light Heavyweight

[quote=" a lot different. Marquez would probably be more aggressive because that defensive play really cost him the title.[/quote]

You say Marquez would be a lot more aggressive if he faces Pacquiao the third time. If JMM does that will create more problems on him because that is what Pacquiao wants him to be. Pacquiao does not want to be the aggressor because JMM can counter punch him. This is very noticeable in the 4th round of their second fight. The old Pac usually does not stop attacking after a knockdown of the opponent. But he did on this round because he was too cautious of JMM's counters. To me, had the 3 knockdowns in their first fight appeared in 3 different rounds, Pac surely had been the victor.The knockdowns in the first round made him too confident but careless.[/quote]

Naturally. Had the 3 KD'S happened in 3 different rounds, for those rounds alone, Pac would already be ahead by 6 points (30 vs. 24). It means that Manny would need only at least 2 rounds to secure the win; that is, if Marquez could not KD or KO him in the other rounds.

Success is measured not by what you have achieved,
but by the degree of satisfaction you derive from it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:46 am 
Heavyweight

Blueberry Muffin wrote:

your absolutely wrong JMM was very aggressive in the 3rd round when he was KD, same with the first fight when JMM got KD 3x :lol: :lol: :lol:

JMM put his best performance in their last fight..and lose if they will meet again im 100% JMM will be defeated convingly by UD or Knockout 8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:49 am 
Heavyweight

imPACtito wrote:

nahh emmanuel is blind

If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:11 am 
Heavyweight

I see a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$ for Pacman 8)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:06 am 
Middleweight

If PACMAN comes out aggressively like the 1st fight he'll KO Marquez....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:40 am 
Cruiserweight

the only reason why JMM is avoiding a KO from Pacman is because he wont stop running away. JMM no running, Pacman wins by KO. that's why JMM wil NEVER engage Manny toe to toe.