Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:26 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:33 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Solis did not know that during blow by blow days pacquiao's his TV executive ask him not to knock his opponent early to air all the commercials. That's why he had not a high k.o ratio back then, and at that time he was not yet a businessman but he already knew the boxing business....

How much more during the PAC vs Solis time that manny had already MP promotion that deals all his TV coverages in the PHIL...I remember one month before the fight that Wilson Tieng told Manny that "if you knock the guy out in the early rounds I will be happy for you Manny even if we will incurred a huge loss because we can't air all your sponsors". That's one way of saying please don't do it, stop the fight in the twelve... That's why manny just toyed solis, he just realize to finish the guy after the cut from headbut...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:39 pm 
Lightweight

I guess the Hatton fight was an "Ooops :grenade: " then?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:44 pm 
Welterweight

Pacman vs. hatton fight is not in the Philippines.. hehehe.. and is Solis vs. Pacman..
Pacman is known to be a crowd entertainer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:02 pm 
Light Heavyweight

xiaomao wrote:
Pacman vs. hatton fight is not in the Philippines.. hehehe.. and is Solis vs. Pacman..
Pacman is known to be a crowd entertainer.

yup but the tv coverage here in the phil is handled by MP promotions, and the income does not defend of the pay per view but TV commercials.... during the Solis fight, Pacman was still dependent of the income of his tv rights in PHIL. since that fight was not a sure PPV blockbuster because it was not handled by HBO but Arum's own PPV....

during also the Solis time Pacquiao's purse (about $2-5million), PPV share($1-2million), and PHIL tv rights ($1-1.5million) were almost the same. Unlike during the Hatton bout that his Purse and PPV share were 10 times bigger than his PHIL tv rights....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:13 pm 
Heavyweight

prettyboy.floyd_30 wrote:
Solis did not know that during blow by blow days pacquiao's his TV executive ask him not to knock his opponent early to air all the commercials. That's why he had not a high k.o ratio back then, and at that time he was not yet a businessman but he already knew the boxing business....

How much more during the PAC vs Solis time that manny had already MP promotion that deals all his TV coverages in the PHIL...I remember one month before the fight that Wilson Tieng told Manny that "if you knock the guy out in the early rounds I will be happy for you Manny even if we will incurred a huge loss because we can't air all your sponsors". That's one way of saying please don't do it, stop the fight in the twelve... That's why manny just toyed solis, he just realize to finish the guy after the cut from headbut...

:snoring:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:05 pm 
Middleweight

prettyboy.floyd_30 wrote:

why all these sudden insecurities just because solis said that gamboa punches harder than pacman. can i call this Pactarism?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:53 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Lets support pacman by patronizing his club at new world hotel named palladium , nice place hip crowd also co owned by owner of solar sports

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:16 pm 
Heavyweight

Is this from Brad Cone?