Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:47 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:42 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 459
Pacmanian_devil wrote:
10cc wrote:
Master J wrote:
Pacmanian_devil wrote:
geneva did well


the mexican anthem was just ok


the american anthem was horrrrible.


Why was there an american anthem for the Pac-Solis bout in the first place? Both boxers are not american.[/quote]

STUPIDITY!!! :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:


Bcoz they fought on American soil which is hosting the fight bro. It's just a courtesy gesture. :)


Hey, thanks man! Your response was a lot wiser than the previous one (':D')


Master J is a well-known troll here even in the Basketball thread. No one can beat his stupidity lol!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:47 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 108
The Lupang Hinirang are literaly words of a passionate lover and a brave warrior all in one. Though I am not a musician (my granddad was) I can clearly see where it should be sung pianissimo (very softly) and where it should be sung fortissimo (very strongly.) Read the lyrics and even a sintunado would know where those places are. And it should be sung in an upbeat, fast tempo the way it was composed to be.

None of the people who were commissioned to sing it during any of Pacquiao's fights had sung it according to its tempo and gravitas. Every single one of them sung it to bring glory to themselves, (not to bring glory to the song) by injecting their own falsettos, octaves, attitudes and whatnot. They were trying to be like Paula Abdul or Mariah Carey, what with their pyrotechnical voices and shreiks. Too much attention-seeking for themselves. So little attention to the song.

Lupang Hinirang Lyrics

Bayang Magiliw
Perlas ng Silanganan,
Alab ng puso
Sa dibdib mo'y buhay.

Lupang hinirang,
Duyan ka ng magiting,
Sa manlulupig,
'Di ka pasisiil.

Sa dagat at bundok,
Sa simoy at sa langit mong bughaw,
May dilag ang tula at awit
Sa paglayang minamahal.

Ang kislap ng watawat mo'y
Tagumpay na nagniningning,
Ang bituin at araw niya
Kailan pa ma'y 'di magdidilim.

Lupa ng araw, ng luwalhati't pagsinta,
Buhay ay langit sa piling mo;
Aming ligaya, na 'pag may mang-aapi
Ang mamatay nang dahil sa 'yo.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:53 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:49 am
Posts: 149
Location: Manila
dISTillERS wrote:
next Pacman fight....? I prefered Lea Salonga to sing the national anthem.............


There are many singers who can sing our national anthem. Lea Salonga can do better as well as Nina. Rachelle Anne Go can hit higher note too. But how about a male singer. Would you prefer singers of male gender?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:54 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:21 pm
Posts: 141
Location: DUBAI
magbubukid wrote:
The Lupang Hinirang are literaly words of a passionate lover and a brave warrior all in one. Though I am not a musician (my granddad was) I can clearly see where it should be sung pianissimo (very softly) and where it should be sung fortissimo (very strongly.) Read the lyrics and even a sintunado would know where those places are. And it should be sung in an upbeat, fast tempo the way it was composed to be.

None of the people who were commissioned to sing it during any of Pacquiao's fights had sung it according to its tempo and gravitas. Every single one of them sung it to bring glory to themselves, (not to bring glory to the song) by injecting their own falsettos, octaves, attitudes and whatnot. They were trying to be like Paula Abdul or Mariah Carey, what with their pyrotechnical voices and shreiks. Too much attention-seeking for themselves. So little attention to the song.

Lupang Hinirang Lyrics

Bayang Magiliw
Perlas ng Silanganan,
Alab ng puso
Sa dibdib mo'y buhay.

Lupang hinirang,
Duyan ka ng magiting,
Sa manlulupig,
'Di ka pasisiil.

Sa dagat at bundok,
Sa simoy at sa langit mong bughaw,
May dilag ang tula at awit
Sa paglayang minamahal.

Ang kislap ng watawat mo'y
Tagumpay na nagniningning,
Ang bituin at araw niya
Kailan pa ma'y 'di magdidilim.

Lupa ng araw, ng luwalhati't pagsinta,
Buhay ay langit sa piling mo;
Aming ligaya, na 'pag may mang-aapi
Ang mamatay nang dahil sa 'yo.


this line is truly tough, i can't blame them singing in front of thousands of crowds.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:03 pm 
Offline
Flyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:37 pm
Posts: 22
Location: United Kingdom of God
pareng magbubukid, can you sing better than those three singers? I guess not!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:07 pm 
Offline
Flyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:37 pm
Posts: 22
Location: United Kingdom of God
magbubukid, can you post a video of yourself singing the national anthem? I want to compare it with how Geneva did it at para malaman ng mga taga paclanders the masmarunong kang kumanta! para malait-lait ka rin! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:38 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:47 am
Posts: 186
Location: Pilipinas
belkinrouter wrote:
WHAT DO YOU THINK GUYS?


IF YOU THINK THAT THE 3 NATIONAL ANTHEM SINGERS SUCKS...........

THEN WHY DONT YOU VOLUNTEER YOURSELF TO SING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM AND TRY TO SING IT THE BEST YOU CAN. IF YOU CAN SING BETTER THAN THOSE THREE... THEN YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO JUDGE THEM.
:twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:39 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:47 am
Posts: 186
Location: Pilipinas
lemorbridgestone wrote:
pareng magbubukid, can you sing better than those three singers? I guess not!


TOTALLY AGREE WITH DAT! :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:14 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:17 pm
Posts: 4032
Location: Birkenhead, UK
The lady who sung the American National Anthem sucks even more!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:25 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:33 am
Posts: 328
Location: stockholm
i believe those gals should never disgrace their national anthem again...

1. The Mexican: someone here said, they all sing it that way.. no way jose! i have heard that anthem sang better... its all in the notes actually.

2. The Ol' Glory: it became all so gory!

3. RP Anthem: if Geneva sang it like that in the Philippines, under the law, she'll be thrown to jail! not only was she off-keyed! but the tempo was way-out! the anthem should be sang under 1 minute... why are we trying to imitate the way US sings its anthem...

for crying out loud... dont we have enough cultural pride?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:39 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:17 pm
Posts: 4032
Location: Birkenhead, UK
I guess the ladies were all groggy :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:41 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:17 pm
Posts: 4032
Location: Birkenhead, UK
....under the influence of 'tequilla'? :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:24 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:20 pm
Posts: 2702
Location: CARAGA ISLANDS
lemorbridgestone wrote:
magbubukid, can you post a video of yourself singing the national anthem? I want to compare it with how Geneva did it at para malaman ng mga taga paclanders the masmarunong kang kumanta! para malait-lait ka rin! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:lol: magbubukid is stating the fact, don't crucifix him anyway.It does not matter to me how did she sung but the law is going after him for not singing it in the right tempo.Even in my elementary days (cause I used to be a seargent at arms bec. of my aura)I scolded those fellow who make joke for the National Anthem.And when I heard these singers who sung the way they please themselves I commented,binabuy na naman ang Lupang Hinirang.Some views differ to each other but if we can met halfway we can get better results.If only Laws will be strictly implemented in the Philippines,BELIEVE ME,only few filipinos abroad.

_________________
In Manny Pacquiao’s case true greatness has already been achieved. At some point he may eventually be beaten by a cheater(bigger) man… but never by a better man.By:Ace Freeman


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:31 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:21 pm
Posts: 141
Location: DUBAI
well i hope manny next fight the Phil gov. should provide the singer who could sing it's tone perfectly. i wonder who will volunteer.........


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:35 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:31 pm
Posts: 637
Location: The best city in PI, Cebu City
acebeentura wrote:
dISTillERS wrote:
next Pacman fight....? I prefered Lea Salonga to sing the national anthem.............


There are many singers who can sing our national anthem. Lea Salonga can do better as well as Nina. Rachelle Anne Go can hit higher note too. But how about a male singer. Would you prefer singers of male gender?
I prefer female singers becuase they're nice to look at.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group