Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:02 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:34 pm 
Middleweight

aldinzen wrote:

I FEEL PROUD TO BE A FILIPINO...IT JUST SHOWS THAT FILIPINOS ARE DECENT ,RESPECTABLE AND COURTEOUS PEOPLE...

YES ITS TRUE THAT IN ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE,TRIBE OR RACE THERE IS GOOD AND BAD....

BUT FILIPINOS ARE DECENT ENOUGH NOT TO DO THE SAME THING IF THE FIGHT WAS STAGED HERE...

AS OUR FELLOW PACLANDERS POINTED OUT...LOOK AT THE PACMAN VS LARIOS BOUT...(I MEAN BEFORE AND AFTER THE FIGHT, YOU LET THEM ASK LARIOS HOW WE TREATED HIM HERE)..DURING THE FIGHT NOT EVEN BOOS...WE RESPECTED HIM EVEN THOUGH HE WAS FIGHTING OUR HERO PACQUIAO...

OFCOURSE,THE GORRES VS MONTIEL FIGHT..IF IT HAPPENED IN OTHER COUNTRY,YOU'LL PROBABLY SEE A RIOT OF SOME SORT..BUT NO, PINOY SHOWED DECENCY DESPITE THE ROBBERY...

AND LASTLY ERIK MORALES...WAS A MORTAL ENEMY OF PACMAN IN THE RING..NO NEED TO EXPLAIN, AGAIN LET THEM ASK MORALES HOW WE TREATED HIM...

THE FIRST TIME ERIK WENT TO OUR COUNTRY FOR THE COMMERCIAL SHOOT...HE RUSHED OUT OF OUR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT WHEN HE ARRIVED..ALMOST RUNNING,WEARING A BIG CAP SO HE CANT BE RECOGNIZED...HE THOUGHT PINOY WILL DO SOMETHING OR SAY BAD TO HIM..

BUT HE WAS VERY MUCH SURPRISED THAT HE WAS WELCOMED WITH OPEN ARMS,TREATED LIKE A KING...SURPRISED HOW DECENT AND GOOD FILIPINO PEOPLE ARE...

HE THOUGHT PINOYS ARE LIKE OTHER PEOPLE THAT WILL TREAT HIM BADLY BECAUSE OF BOXING....PINOYS ARE NOT THAT SILLY....

right on the button brother. long live the KIng

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:51 pm 
Heavyweight

Nikki sixX wrote:
PACFAN#1 :headz:
stangmoz :headz:
jozelle14 :headz:

?????? :headz:

It's like a mass execution. :biglaugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:55 pm 
Heavyweight

10cc wrote:
Nikki sixX wrote:
PACFAN#1 :headz:
stangmoz :headz:
jozelle14 :headz:

?????? :headz:

It's like a mass execution. :biglaugh:

Now it's clear to me why my earlier post was deleted. I quoted one of them. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:05 pm 
Heavyweight

Lucky for that no balls Mexican whisker, he didn't anger the Filipino ring icon because if he did, he'd better run for his life :gun:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:06 pm 
Lightweight

they were just showing what kind of human they are!!! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:09 pm 
Middleweight

wow, this is getting out of hand... tsk tsk..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:20 pm 
Heavyweight

Luckily for Manny that they did not throw the beer while in the bottle! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:29 am 
Strawweight

[quote="fidel"]...the man who threw beer is lucky, he did it in the state. if it was done in the philippines he should have been beaten black and blue by the expectators...[/quote]

he would've been salvaged!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:44 am 
Middleweight

parepaul wrote:
paranaqueboy wrote:
I didn't really read the article all that well, but maybe it was some of Darlene's political hatchet men who actually threw the beer. :D :D

:bounce: :bounce:

thats just cheap bro, first of all, you should get facts supporting your thesis prior to implicating something uncalled-for.

anyway...
i cant believe how many people in this thread degraded themselves by exerting racial remarks and opinions, dont step down to their level and exchange racial aversion with one another, if you find the incident troublesome just have dignity and simply ignore it.

Lighten up, boss. If you had actually understood the context of my post, you'd have known I was actually trying to diffuse the tension. No need to be factual since that was not the point.

What's the matter? Not enough jumping frogs at the end that you had to misunderstand the post.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:23 am 
Bantamweight

Oh well, only losers do that :D :D :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:33 am 
Heavyweight

And too many here at times sound so ashamed of their fellow Filipinos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:40 am 
Welterweight

paranaqueboy wrote:
parepaul wrote:
paranaqueboy wrote:
I didn't really read the article all that well, but maybe it was some of Darlene's political hatchet men who actually threw the beer. :D :D

:bounce: :bounce:

thats just cheap bro, first of all, you should get facts supporting your thesis prior to implicating something uncalled-for.

anyway...
i cant believe how many people in this thread degraded themselves by exerting racial remarks and opinions, dont step down to their level and exchange racial aversion with one another, if you find the incident troublesome just have dignity and simply ignore it.

Lighten up, boss. If you had actually understood the context of my post, you'd have known I was actually trying to diffuse the tension. No need to be factual since that was not the point.

What's the matter? Not enough jumping frogs at the end that you had to misunderstand the post.

:D

no misunderstanding here pare, i understand your post was to diffuse the situation, but it was in a way that you was scapegoating the blame to an innocent person, which in general is cheap and uncalled for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:34 pm 
Heavyweight

tsk tsk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:49 pm 
Middleweight

this happened to us when Manny knocked out Hector at Staples CEnter last year. Good thing we were sitting close to FRIENDLY MEXICANS who were also drinking beer.

I think those kind of people are the same as people who spit on you when you challenge them to a fight, then run away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:24 pm 
Middleweight

mxcnpac fan wrote:
Being Mexican myself I'll be the first to admit that once we have a few drinks in us we can tend to get a bit on the rowdy side especially when emotions are involved and as you know Mexicans are very emotional about boxing. If you have ever seen footage of a sold out soccer game in Mexico you'll know what I'm talking about. Fires in the stands, occasional riots, fights, etc. It's all fueled by booze. Now I don't speak on the behalf of Mexicans but after reading this story I'm not that surprised of that kind of behavior. Please don't hold that against the Mexican people though.

i agree with you man...its in all of us...lets not hold it accountable to all mexicans, but only to some mexicans...

filipinoes have had probably their share of bad fan behavior such as this, but only in local competitions as far as i have heard, but as i have observed it has declined significantly. because Pinoys are learning that its a shame to have such behavior

in international competitions however, most Filipinoes know what to do when one of ours looses a match...its in our culture to show the world we are good andd loving people...that we can fall once and stand up twice...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next