Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:56 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:23 am 
Welterweight

but thanks to you guys I DID see manny fight... on sopcast. :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:00 am 
Light Heavyweight

BEERHAUZ wrote:
BelowTheBelt wrote:
It looks like we Filipinos did not give Pacquiao the proper support at the Alamodome. Many decided to just watch it on TV.
According to writer Marley, the crowd at the Alamodome was nearly 100 percent Mexicans... I'm sure they went to see their idol Arce/Mijares fight. But WHERE were THE FILIPINOS????
http://www.boxingconfidential.com/articles.php?id=1301

That's a funny assessment, do you think these two midgets can produce the same crowd if they were to brawl in a main fight? :lol:

The Arce-Hussein fights (2X) produced near full-house gates for the record.
It's not a funny assessment. Do you watch boxing other than Pacquiao fights?
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:04 am 
Heavyweight

It was an easy fight. No need for our physical presence to show our
support. Solis was the one who needed tremendous support by his
countrymen for his impossible dream. It gave Solis the much needed
moral support and strength thats why he lasted 8 rounds. And thats a
very respectable finish than Morales' 3rd round KO.

LOL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:08 am 
Heavyweight

BelowTheBelt wrote:

Arce-Hussein 1 was in the undercard of Pac_EM 1 at the MGM Grand in Vegas. The nearly full house crowd there was for the Pacquiao - Morales bout.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:24 am 
Light Heavyweight

BCngDC wrote:
BelowTheBelt wrote:

Arce-Hussein 1 was in the undercard of Pac_EM 1 at the MGM Grand in Vegas. The nearly full house crowd there was for the Pacquiao - Morales bout.

You're right. I forgot. The returrn bout with Hussein was what stuck. But Arce held his own when it comes to boxing. I don't know whaat effect Arce will have with his performance against Mijares. I guess he was exposed. No telling what kind of crowd he'll attract next time around. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:39 am 
Strawweight

are you serious........where were all the filipinos??? we dont have it easy like you mexicans! all you guys do is run a 100 yards. Filipinos got to come in the country legal!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:55 am 
Cruiserweight

Bronxwarrior157 wrote:
heroe_del_silencio wrote:
fidel wrote:
...some claimed that 30 percent of the expectators are filipinos....

LOL. Look at the replay of the fight and judge for yourself. 95% of the fans in attendance were of Mexican/Hispanic origin.

------------------------------------------------

You can't tell that just by looks, remember, Filipinos are of Spanish-descent too...look at the people at ringside, you can see lots of Filipinos - Sportajordan, Gerry P., etc. were seen among others....

Filipinos are of Spanish-descent too??? NOPE!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:10 am 
Cruiserweight

huskyboy wrote:
Quote:

Oscar Larios in the Philippines was treated very well by the Filipinos. I don't believe I heard any boos during his ring entrance. Why these Mexicans would behave this way, I don't know. Maybe it's a reflection in their culture, but then again, as a diplomat, I choose not to generalize.

Not sure how pacquiao would be received in a mexico fight... but alot of my mexican friends here in LA love pacquiao.. they love sluggers... but mexicans are more hardcore fans than filipinos in my opinion.... In the morales III fight majority of filipinos that were at the fight were older (30+) and less rowdy than the mexicans... Filipinos love pacquaio but they enjoy watching his fight on ppv rather than live, pretty expensive to go to a bout.

One reason y oakland raiders have the craizest fans.... mexicans... they love sports...

I agree that there are more Mexican hard-core boxing fans. I walk around Vegas with my Pacquiao-Morales hat, and it's Mexicans who start talking about boxing with me and not just about Pacquiao and Morales. In the Pac-Morales II, the Mexican guy next to me bet on Pacquiao. I'm serious. He showed me his ticket which was Pacquiao by KO for $200. The funny thing was he wasn't very vocal when Manny Pacquiao started beating up on Morales. I was doing all the chearing while he kept quiet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:17 am 
Cruiserweight

the-feed.net wrote:
BRING THE FIGHT TO THE BAY AREA OR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA IN LOS ANGELES, I GUARANTEE WE WILL COME.

Oh yeah, Manny Pacquiao fought Velasquez at the Staples center in Los Angeles. What was the Pinoy turnout? It was around 3000 out of 10,000 fans according to my cousin who went to the fight. Unlike Vegas, there's nothing to do in Texas. We all know Filipinos love to gamble, and Filipinos from around the country travel to Las Vegas to gamble. If this fight were in Vegas, then there would've been a higher turnout of Filipinos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:22 am 
Welterweight

i was one of the few to cheer for Pacman and i had to travel thousand of miles (from Malaysia) to be part of the celebration... it was sooo good to be outnumbered and to have the last laugh. that's the moment i wont forget. oh yeahhhh those pictures with Geneva are precious too...:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:48 am 
Lightweight

nice pics balut! :)
ito pics namin hehe

http://picasaweb.google.com/rommel.cruz ... t6gmsYUEVw

http://picasaweb.google.com/rommel.cruz ... m2vp4wNwBw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:58 am 
Strawweight

Thanks for the comments...

you also got some nice pics with pacquiao rommel.... lucky you, I did shake his hands after the fight, that was pretty cool, but I didn't get to take any pics with him, he was surrounded by the media. I probably saw you near the ringside, I got in the ringside after the fight, because the cop saw that I could barely see thru with all the tall *** people in front of me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:07 pm 
Lightweight

haha, awesome, we were ringside too during the national anthem and entrance. we told the guard we were here to welcome manny cause there were too many mexicans. we want the champ to feel welcome in san antonio.. the guard hesistated but eventually let us in. its the guard by the ring that made us go away and sit down, thats why bitin mga pics with the round girls, they were about to pose when he told me to take a seat. hehe. gusto ko makita pics ng eb ng paclanders. yung kay erap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:53 pm 
Strawweight

i see, i didn't know you guys had an eb in san anton. I posted an eb thread in boxingscene, but nobody wanted to go. taga saan ka pare?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:21 am 
Cruiserweight

Babyface wrote:
the-feed.net wrote:
BRING THE FIGHT TO THE BAY AREA OR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA IN LOS ANGELES, I GUARANTEE WE WILL COME.

Oh yeah, Manny Pacquiao fought Velasquez at the Staples center in Los Angeles. What was the Pinoy turnout? It was around 3000 out of 10,000 fans according to my cousin who went to the fight. Unlike Vegas, there's nothing to do in Texas. We all know Filipinos love to gamble, and Filipinos from around the country travel to Las Vegas to gamble. If this fight were in Vegas, then there would've been a higher turnout of Filipinos.

Bro, I was at the Staples Center fight against Velasquez. There were more thn 3,000 Pinoys there. I'd estimate the Pinoy crowd to be in the 5k-6k range, out of what 12-14k total attendance.

IF I remember correctly, all the Mejicanos in the fight card lost, except when they were facing another Mejicano.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next