Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:13 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:12 am 
Heavyweight

i couldnt tell on TV whether filipinos were 'booing' or not like in PI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:36 am 
Middleweight

oh whats the fuzz we'ol look the same :lol: :lol:
at least Pacquiao can reserve the confidence in him that he have a solid
Mexican fan base following him until they wont be dissapointed again leaving an arena with one of them KD or KO'd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:22 pm 
Strawweight

we were definitely outnumbered...
I tried to yell as loud as I could, but to no avail. The mexicans were just too damn many, but after the fight... they all disappeared *poof* .. hehehehe, anyways here are some pics I took from the fight.

me and a couple of pinoy boxers...

Ms. Cruz :P , she scrambled right beside me to take pics of manny... hehehehe, I think she should have waited, she's a celebrity for crying out loud.

And the filipino contingent.. woooohoooo, REPRESENT !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:55 pm 
Heavyweight

Geneva Cruz said, some 30% in attendance were Filipinos. WTF are you talking about? And what do you expect from the crowd of fans or non fans who felt frustrated of Manny's self destruction and humility? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:30 pm 
Light Heavyweight

There were 5 mex-amer right behind us also! cheering for pacman!

they kept yelling "fucked him up, pacquiao!!"

about 5 row above us were a bunch of drunk mexicano's - they chanted ' mexico! mexico! very loud ! I kept quite, co's their is no use! too many of them.. my wife cheered along with them" philippines! philippines!, philippines!

1 row just below us were a group of pinoys/pinays- all 10-12 or so.

Was just way too many mexicans - we were probably outnumbered 1-2 pinoys to 15 mexicant's! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:37 pm 
Cruiserweight

BelowTheBelt wrote:
It looks like we Filipinos did not give Pacquiao the proper support at the Alamodome. Many decided to just watch it on TV.
According to writer Marley, the crowd at the Alamodome was nearly 100 percent Mexicans... I'm sure they went to see their idol Arce/Mijares fight. But WHERE were THE FILIPINOS????
http://www.boxingconfidential.com/articles.php?id=1301

That's a funny assessment, do you think these two midgets can produce the same crowd if they were to brawl in a main fight? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:48 pm 
Light Heavyweight

With an unknown opponent and anticipated lesser excitement of boxing action of course there will be lesser filipino fans in a predominantly mexican neighbourhood. Is it really that hard to explain?
:banghead:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:50 pm 
Heavyweight

BelowTheBelt wrote:
It looks like we Filipinos did not give Pacquiao the proper support at the Alamodome. Many decided to just watch it on TV.
According to writer Marley, the crowd at the Alamodome was nearly 100 percent Mexicans... I'm sure they went to see their idol Arce/Mijares fight. But WHERE were THE FILIPINOS????
http://www.boxingconfidential.com/articles.php?id=1301
In the Philippines? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:56 pm 
Heavyweight

balut wrote:
we were definitely outnumbered...
I tried to yell as loud as I could, but to no avail. The mexicans were just too damn many, but after the fight... they all disappeared *poof* .. hehehehe, anyways here are some pics I took from the fight.

me and a couple of pinoy boxers...

Ms. Cruz :P , she scrambled right beside me to take pics of manny... hehehehe, I think she should have waited, she's a celebrity for crying out loud.

And the filipino contingent.. woooohoooo, REPRESENT !!!

Nice pics pareng balut!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:24 pm 
Welterweight

Shouldn't we be happy to see there are Mexicans and non-Filipinos who supported Pacquiao ? It is a big leap from San Antonio when he fought Barrera. Before when he is beating Barrera, it was quiet. Now, as we saw on TV, there are many people jumping or happy beating Solis.
It shows there are many supporters shown on TV even if there are few Filipinos watching.

Also if I am in the States, I would save my money for a Big Pac fight. Not a tune-up fight. It is just being practical.

We all should be happy with what happened. I am not happy though to see Pacquiao in poor condition. I hope it doesn't affect ticket sales when he fights another tune up fight when he is only B-level prepared.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:03 am 
Cruiserweight

At the first Morales fight, I would estimate Pinoys to be 33%, maybe 40% of the crowd. We were still outshouted by the Mejicanos. By the second fight, Filipinos made up close to 50% of the crowd. By the 3rd fight, it's definitely at leat 50% again, maybe a tad more.

The reason why there's at most 2k Pinoys at the Alamodome is simple. There is not a large Pinoy population within driving distance of San Antonio. Las Vegas is only 3-4 hours away from most of Socal, and an easy plane ride for our poiticians/celebs.

There are also well over 1 million Pinoys in California. That's alot of purchasing power right there, and Vegas has alot to offer as far as entertainment besides boxing.

If the next big Pacquiao fight is either Vegas or LA, Pinoys will get close to 50% of the crowd. And we will have another fun EB. Kinda regretting not being able to go to San Antonio, missing out on Pareng Erap's hospitality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:08 am 
Strawweight

Ay ken olni apord Balut. is tu ekspensib.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:32 am 
Light Heavyweight

BCngDC wrote:
fidel wrote:
...some claimed that 30 percent of the expectators are filipinos....

This is a very doubtful calculation by the people who claim it. I was there, I'd be surprized if there were more than 2000 pinoys there.

The majority would be Hispanics. They represent the majority of San Antonio. Well, sorry, Filipinos are some form of Hispanics too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:44 am 
Heavyweight

Nice Pix. Gosh you can still see blood oozing out of the cut! Keep those pics, man. Nowadays some people fail to appreciate pics bec it's in digital. It's way too easy to delete them unlike in the old film format.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:20 am 
Welterweight

You can't be surprised that the mexicans outnumbered the filipinos. Seriously, it was the alamodome for christs sake. Manny Pacquiao could be fighting Jimrex Jaca and there would still be more mexicans than filipinos. Location has a lot to do with the crowd. On top of that, you had little julio cesar chavez, the son of a mexican god, little jorge arce, and the much respected christian mijares, who sadly outclassed arce. And then on top of it Manny picked yet another mexican to knock out. When Manny comes to fight in the northeastern part of the states, I'll be there cheering on manny with my people, but like so many of you I can't afford to fly out to see manny fight, especially when it's a sure win.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next