Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:00 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:57 am 
Offline
Strawweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:45 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Land of the Unexpected
Pacquiao: I underestimated Solis

By Michael Lim Ubac
Inquirer
Last updated 05:02am (Mla time) 04/18/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- Manny Pacquiao on Tuesday admitted he had underestimated the guile of the erstwhile unbeaten Jorge Solis of Mexico.

Pacquiao, who paid a courtesy call on President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo along with wife Jinkee in Malacañang, said he initially found it hard to hit Solis with his potent combinations.

“Magaling umilag at saka matangkad (He’s tall and good at evading punches),” Pacquiao told Malacañang reporters.

“Pag lumayo na ang katawan niya, mahirap nang abutin yung mukha niya dahil matangkad (Whenever he disengaged, it was hard to hit him in the face because he’s tall),” added the World Boxing Council International super featherweight champion.

When he met with the President Tuesday, Pacquiao sported four stitches over his left eye.

He said he started going at Solis’ body -- “ang pinakamahinang parte ng katawan ni Solis (the weakest part of Solis’ body)” -- when blood started to flow from the head-butt-induced gash late in the sixth round.

“When I saw blood ... I got a bit angry,” recalled the Pacman, who finally knocked out Solis with still 1:44 to go in the eighth round of their fight at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.

“Medyo nagdilim ang paningin ko kaya sinasagasaan ko na. Inupakan ko na ng inupakan (I was blinded by rage and went for the kill),” he said.
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:01 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:46 am
Posts: 15184
Location: on top of HH's mom
of course he did...that tomato can shoulda laid down after the first jab...but i guess that crowd got the challenger motivated

_________________
the last thing i would ever want to do is hurt you....but it's on the list


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:28 am 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:46 pm
Posts: 102
Location: down at Dino's Bar and Grille
In fairness to Solis, he has the skills. It's just that Pacquiao's in a different league than he is.

_________________
http://www.guitarnode.com
http://www.youtube.com/wednzday


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:50 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:50 am
Posts: 364
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Haha went for the kill. I like that. I knew solis was dead the second I saw the blood gush out of pacquiao's eye. Is it me or is pacquiao's english getting much better after every fight.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:53 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:54 am
Posts: 680
Location: Jungle
stop this Solis talks now.. its getting boring.. seriously.. fight is over.. :P :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:15 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 6:42 am
Posts: 1604
7391N wrote:
In fairness to Solis, he has the skills. It's just that Pacquiao's in a different league than he is.


I believe Solis hit harder than the rest of Mexicans Pacquiao fought. I thought Manny was stung when Solis landed his punches. I stand by what I said that Solis punched stronger except he was a big time quitter. Solis quit after he tasted what championship boxing is all about.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:25 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:44 am
Posts: 1829
Location: Pico & 110 Fwy , L A
Solis rocked Pac good at least a couple of times that forced him to the ropes, Solis is indeed a very good tune-up fight for Pac. Now lets bring on JMM or anybody with a flywt. belt.

_________________
.
Only the dead see the end of war.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:28 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:33 am
Posts: 2301
Location: South Richmond Hill, New York
TheBob wrote:
Haha went for the kill. I like that. I knew solis was dead the second I saw the blood gush out of pacquiao's eye. Is it me or is pacquiao's english getting much better after every fight.


' wished Viloria went for the kill in round 1 when he staggered Sosa. Too bad, after the succeeding rounds I want Viloria to be KOd by Sosa. I think he needs another slap in the face :oops:

_________________
Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life ... (Ballllllllot, balot ...)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:22 am 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:14 pm
Posts: 494
Rematch..
Solis vs Batawang.. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:53 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:30 pm
Posts: 3507
Location: at your back
dug from the graveyard....
i thought its new....
i thought its pacquiao vs. lolit solis.......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:24 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:21 pm
Posts: 1046
Location: philippines
M-Paq wrote:
Pacquiao: I underestimated Solis

By Michael Lim Ubac
Inquirer
Last updated 05:02am (Mla time) 04/18/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- Manny Pacquiao on Tuesday admitted he had underestimated the guile of the erstwhile unbeaten Jorge Solis of Mexico.

Pacquiao, who paid a courtesy call on President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo along with wife Jinkee in Malacañang, said he initially found it hard to hit Solis with his potent combinations.

“Magaling umilag at saka matangkad (He’s tall and good at evading punches),” Pacquiao told Malacañang reporters.

“Pag lumayo na ang katawan niya, mahirap nang abutin yung mukha niya dahil matangkad (Whenever he disengaged, it was hard to hit him in the face because he’s tall),” added the World Boxing Council International super featherweight champion.


When he met with the President Tuesday, Pacquiao sported four stitches over his left eye.

He said he started going at Solis’ body -- “ang pinakamahinang parte ng katawan ni Solis (the weakest part of Solis’ body)” -- when blood started to flow from the head-butt-induced gash late in the sixth round.

“When I saw blood ... I got a bit angry,” recalled the Pacman, who finally knocked out Solis with still 1:44 to go in the eighth round of their fight at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.

“Medyo nagdilim ang paningin ko kaya sinasagasaan ko na. Inupakan ko na ng inupakan (I was blinded by rage and went for the kill),” he said.
:lol:


this is the only thing dela hoya needs to practice so he won't get knocked out. the only chance for manny to win is to wear him down by body punches and go for late KO.

_________________
Make small wins everyday!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:48 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:47 pm
Posts: 6581
M-Paq wrote:
Pacquiao: I underestimated Solis

By Michael Lim Ubac
Inquirer
Last updated 05:02am (Mla time) 04/18/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- Manny Pacquiao on Tuesday admitted he had underestimated the guile of the erstwhile unbeaten Jorge Solis of Mexico.

Pacquiao, who paid a courtesy call on President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo along with wife Jinkee in Malacañang, said he initially found it hard to hit Solis with his potent combinations.

“Magaling umilag at saka matangkad (He’s tall and good at evading punches),” Pacquiao told Malacañang reporters.

“Pag lumayo na ang katawan niya, mahirap nang abutin yung mukha niya dahil matangkad (Whenever he disengaged, it was hard to hit him in the face because he’s tall),” added the World Boxing Council International super featherweight champion.

When he met with the President Tuesday, Pacquiao sported four stitches over his left eye.

He said he started going at Solis’ body -- “ang pinakamahinang parte ng katawan ni Solis (the weakest part of Solis’ body)” -- when blood started to flow from the head-butt-induced gash late in the sixth round.

“When I saw blood ... I got a bit angry,” recalled the Pacman, who finally knocked out Solis with still 1:44 to go in the eighth round of their fight at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.

“Medyo nagdilim ang paningin ko kaya sinasagasaan ko na. Inupakan ko na ng inupakan (I was blinded by rage and went for the kill),” he said.
:lol:


Pacquiao had some difficulties with Solis, how about Mayweather?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:57 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:58 pm
Posts: 3361
Location: PH-SA-SG-PH
M-Paq wrote:
Pacquiao: I underestimated Solis

By Michael Lim Ubac
Inquirer
Last updated 05:02am (Mla time) 04/18/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- Manny Pacquiao on Tuesday admitted he had underestimated the guile of the erstwhile unbeaten Jorge Solis of Mexico.

Pacquiao, who paid a courtesy call on President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo along with wife Jinkee in Malacañang, said he initially found it hard to hit Solis with his potent combinations.

“Magaling umilag at saka matangkad (He’s tall and good at evading punches),” Pacquiao told Malacañang reporters.

“Pag lumayo na ang katawan niya, mahirap nang abutin yung mukha niya dahil matangkad (Whenever he disengaged, it was hard to hit him in the face because he’s tall),” added the World Boxing Council International super featherweight champion.


When he met with the President Tuesday, Pacquiao sported four stitches over his left eye.

He said he started going at Solis’ body -- “ang pinakamahinang parte ng katawan ni Solis (the weakest part of Solis’ body)” -- when blood started to flow from the head-butt-induced gash late in the sixth round.

“When I saw blood ... I got a bit angry,” recalled the Pacman, who finally knocked out Solis with still 1:44 to go in the eighth round of their fight at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.

“Medyo nagdilim ang paningin ko kaya sinasagasaan ko na. Inupakan ko na ng inupakan (I was blinded by rage and went for the kill),” he said.
:lol:


Speaking of Mayweather, Manny said this:

“Magaling pa din. Mabilis pa din (He’s still good. He’s still fast),” said Pacquiao from his hotel room in Baguio City where he watched the 12-round fight between Mayweather and Marquez.

Asked if he can do better than Marquez or the 39 others who failed against the unbeaten ex-pound-for-pound champion, Pacquiao paused longer than usual The STAR thought he already hung up.

“Kaya abutin,” Pacquiao answered back in Filipino. He could have meant Mayweather was reachable or can be hit if and when a fight between the great superstars takes place sometime next year.

>>>>>>> MARQUEZ LACKS REACH: Mayweather impresses Pacman <<<<<<<

I don't know but maybe Pacquiao was reminded then of his Solis fight, hence the long pause.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:06 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:47 pm
Posts: 6581
LightSpeed wrote:
I don't know but maybe Pacquiao was reminded then of his Solis fight, hence the long pause.


That's possible. Didn't cross my mind.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:16 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:31 pm
Posts: 3281
hukay hukay?

trans: from the graveyard


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group