Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:16 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:16 am 
Heavyweight

Pac deserves to fly first class. He earned and deserves it. Can you imagine the sight if Pac seats besides BC in economy? That sight will raise more eyebrows. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:19 am 
Heavyweight

Chups wrote:
Anybody who works hard for his money deserves first class.

Now Chups, I always thought you are one of the best Mods here esp in sharing stuff in download. Your comment sounds fair. :toast:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:26 am 
Heavyweight

Chups wrote:
Thunder_knuckles wrote:
spoliarium wrote:
the only reason why these reports become to big of an issue because the people make em one.... maybe the reporter is just seeking an attention maybe not.... maybe its a hype maybe not.... but you are the ones giving them attention... you are the ones making it into a hype... so wuit bitching..... this forum just made that report too big of an issue when it should not be....
:banghead:

They way I read it. The msg is leaning on inequality. Of course Conception is not yet in the level of Pac. But how hard it is to give the young man an incentive to fly 1st class? He won something too didn't he? Who ever planned or booked his flight just shortchanged him.

Ginulangan, tinipid???

Did Pac fly first class on his way back from his trips to Thailand when he was 20 years old and starting?

I have no idea! But it should be different now than many years ago. Eyes are on Phils boxers esp those that win. Phil boxers show potential and should be treated better. He did the same work for Arum and did win too. Didn't he?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:31 am 
Heavyweight

psi wrote:
rbm115 wrote:
By Tarra Quismundo
Inquirer
Last updated 06:48am (Mla time) 04/18/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- They both took hits, parried blows and endured injuries to triumph for the Philippine flag inside a boxing ring thousands of kilometers from home.

But on their trip back to celebrate the double victory, what separated two Filipino boxing champions were several rows of seats that seemed to have highlighted the contrasting treatment accorded an established ring idol and a promising young fighter.......

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerhe ... e_id=61037

----------------------------------------

so what if he's in first class and the other boxer is in economy, 'DOES' it deserve a headline ???? or even an article.

this Crab writers are waste of printing press oil.

crab mentality at its best shown here.

if not for Pacquiao , Concepcion wont even be in the undercard.

get a life tabloid writer

did you read the actual paper??? With my respect, I disagree with you. For me, there is nothing wrong with that the article.. The main topic about that article was about Bernabe Conception, if you read it properly. It serves as an inspiration for BC... BC never complained seating on the economy class, right? The writter only showed the contrast between this two filipino boxers. NO CRAB MENTALITY.. I imagine putting myself in BC's own shoes. If i was BC, I also dreamed of riding a first class seat and be more popular... It added inspiration on him by seeing how his "kuya Manny" succeded.

Did the writer put somebody down??? well, read again bro.....

=============

LOL ya gotta learn how to read between the lines pre LMAO

Tambays make the world go 'round :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:34 am 
Heavyweight

Thunder_knuckles wrote:
Chups wrote:
Thunder_knuckles wrote:
spoliarium wrote:
the only reason why these reports become to big of an issue because the people make em one.... maybe the reporter is just seeking an attention maybe not.... maybe its a hype maybe not.... but you are the ones giving them attention... you are the ones making it into a hype... so wuit bitching..... this forum just made that report too big of an issue when it should not be....

They way I read it. The msg is leaning on inequality. Of course Conception is not yet in the level of Pac. But how hard it is to give the young man an incentive to fly 1st class? He won something too didn't he? Who ever planned or booked his flight just shortchanged him.

Ginulangan, tinipid???

Did Pac fly first class on his way back from his trips to Thailand when he was 20 years old and starting?

I have no idea! But it should be different now than many years ago. Eyes are on Phils boxers esp those that win. Phil boxers show potential and should be treated better. He did the same work for Arum and did win too. Didn't he?

==========

LOL when you're a noob its expected that you shouldnt be treated the same way a veteran is.

its just right that BC wasnt put in first class coz he hasnt earned it yet. if he continues his impressive performance atop the ring, then the time will come when he will also be treated with more respect.

Tambays make the world go 'round :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:41 am 
Middleweight

this will only drive/motivate Abe to be better ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:48 am 

Thunder_knuckles wrote:
Chups wrote:
Anybody who works hard for his money deserves first class.

Now Chups, I always thought you are one of the best Mods here esp in sharing stuff in download. Your comment sounds fair. :toast:

:biglaugh: :beer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:54 am 

Thunder_knuckles wrote:
Chups wrote:
Thunder_knuckles wrote:
spoliarium wrote:

Ginulangan, tinipid???

I wish we knew how the ticket was paid. Did they have to buy their own? Did Arum pay for everything? Or did Arum pay for an economy ticket but Pac with his own money upgraded it to first class?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:00 am 
Cruiserweight

Thunder_knuckles wrote:
Chups wrote:
Thunder_knuckles wrote:
spoliarium wrote:

Ginulangan, tinipid???

This is the same answer to the question as "why super star actors or actresses paid much much more than those supporting stars & extras".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:22 am 
Heavyweight

Seriously, who gives a syet where this guy sat?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:23 am 
Cruiserweight

Thunder_knuckles wrote:
Chups wrote:
Thunder_knuckles wrote:
spoliarium wrote:

Ginulangan, tinipid???

who says it should be different? Does a first class flight increse their marketability as a fighter? Would that be put in a fighter's resume? :roll:

Besides, he did not do the same work for arum... pacquiao is the main event

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:38 am 
Light Heavyweight

That article is a showbiz rumor.

It tries to sow intrigue between Pacquiao and the other boxer, whoever that be.

Manny deserved to be in first class, he earned million dollars for the fight
while the other guy is just an ordinary aspiring boxer, his time will come.

Is there a difference between a first class and economy as you will be experiencing the same bumpy ride with your legs stiff for a long flight?

As Lucio Tan said when asked why he always take the plane economy class..... whether economy or first class... the same when the plane crash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:05 am 

Pac was still on economy after the Barrera fight. So until Concepcion beats Rafael Marquez, this shouldn't be a big deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:05 am 
Cruiserweight

pound4pound1 wrote:
Seriously, who gives a syet where this guy sat?

LOL.

People forget that Manny first flew first class only AFTER the first Morales fight, when Shelly Finkel took over as manager.

Prior to that, Rod Nazario and Murad Muhammad were not only stealing Manny's purse (and funds for US taxes), they were also not giving him the MGM suite set aside for Manny (Murad took it).

So Pac only started flying first class to the US with the Hector Velasquez fight in Sept '05. That's a couple of years AFTER he demolished MAB.

Concepcion needs to win a few more fights before he can start thinking of first class flights. He needs to stay hungry.

Pareng Chups, I'm pretty sure its standard now for Manny's promoters to get him (and Jinkee) first class tickets every time he has to come here for fights and promotional tours. Shelly Finkel set the bar high, didn't he. :smoke:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:17 am 
Welterweight

Chups wrote:
Thunder_knuckles wrote:
spoliarium wrote:

Ginulangan, tinipid???

HAHA -- exactly -- It freakin irritating people always compare manny to anyone -- That othwer pinoy boxers should have the same fighthing instict as pacman -- same treatment -- same other $h!t --

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next