Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:14 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:19 am 
Welterweight

pound4pound1 wrote:
Seriously, who gives a syet where this guy sat?

HAHAH -- did anyone asked where manny sit or was treated when he was fighting in Thailand or Japan -- ? -LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:26 am 
Middleweight

When Manny was with Murad and Nazario then, Manny was living in Vagabond motel near the Wild Card Gym where the bum, addicts and homeless roam around.

Manny did not complain nor any of the reporters covering his fight did not mention his abode and surroundings.

Now that Manny is a high prized boxer who can afford everything with his million dollars in the bank and with his celebrity status... now we hear or read something trying to create intrigue and rumor at the expense of Manny espcially this first class plane ride.

People are nuts...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:57 am 
Strawweight

Thunder_knuckles wrote:
spoliarium wrote:
the only reason why these reports become to big of an issue because the people make em one.... maybe the reporter is just seeking an attention maybe not.... maybe its a hype maybe not.... but you are the ones giving them attention... you are the ones making it into a hype... so wuit bitching..... this forum just made that report too big of an issue when it should not be....
:banghead:

They way I read it. The msg is leaning on inequality. Of course Conception is not yet in the level of Pac. But how hard it is to give the young man an incentive to fly 1st class? He won something too didn't he? Who ever planned or booked his flight just shortchanged him.

Ginulangan, tinipid???

it was Bob Arum who booked BC to fly with pacquiao. BC suppose to leave a day after.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:16 am 
Middleweight

tagi wrote:
Thunder_knuckles wrote:
spoliarium wrote:
the only reason why these reports become to big of an issue because the people make em one.... maybe the reporter is just seeking an attention maybe not.... maybe its a hype maybe not.... but you are the ones giving them attention... you are the ones making it into a hype... so wuit bitching..... this forum just made that report too big of an issue when it should not be....
:banghead:

They way I read it. The msg is leaning on inequality. Of course Conception is not yet in the level of Pac. But how hard it is to give the young man an incentive to fly 1st class? He won something too didn't he? Who ever planned or booked his flight just shortchanged him.

Ginulangan, tinipid???

it was Bob Arum who booked BC to fly with pacquiao. BC suppose to leave a day after.

as per pac's request. pac wants bernabe to be in the grand parade with him. for me, the issue is something of no special importance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:57 am 
Middleweight

Someday when Concepcion has beaten the likes of Sasakul, Ledwaba, Barrera, Morales and Larios he would be flying first class too. Personally, I've never flown first class, too. And the reason is clear. I have done nothing important enough to graduate from economy seats. That's life. The writer of this article should know better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:41 am 
Featherweight

another story... blown out of proportion...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:46 pm 
Cruiserweight

i feel that you want to spoil BC early... that wouldn't work good....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:50 pm 
Cruiserweight

ZappakeR wrote:
psi wrote:
rbm115 wrote:
By Tarra Quismundo
Inquirer
Last updated 06:48am (Mla time) 04/18/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- They both took hits, parried blows and endured injuries to triumph for the Philippine flag inside a boxing ring thousands of kilometers from home.

But on their trip back to celebrate the double victory, what separated two Filipino boxing champions were several rows of seats that seemed to have highlighted the contrasting treatment accorded an established ring idol and a promising young fighter.......

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerhe ... e_id=61037

----------------------------------------

so what if he's in first class and the other boxer is in economy, 'DOES' it deserve a headline ???? or even an article.

this Crab writers are waste of printing press oil.

crab mentality at its best shown here.

if not for Pacquiao , Concepcion wont even be in the undercard.

get a life tabloid writer

did you read the actual paper??? With my respect, I disagree with you. For me, there is nothing wrong with that the article.. The main topic about that article was about Bernabe Conception, if you read it properly. It serves as an inspiration for BC... BC never complained seating on the economy class, right? The writter only showed the contrast between this two filipino boxers. NO CRAB MENTALITY.. I imagine putting myself in BC's own shoes. If i was BC, I also dreamed of riding a first class seat and be more popular... It added inspiration on him by seeing how his "kuya Manny" succeded.

Did the writer put somebody down??? well, read again bro.....

=============

LOL ya gotta learn how to read between the lines pre LMAO

it depends on how you understand the article, how do you initialize it contextuality. If you're a pessimist, in my opinion will be like the threadstarter, maybe. But look on the brightside, you will not feel violated reading this article.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:01 pm 
Cruiserweight

rbm115 wrote:
psi wrote:
rbm115 wrote:
psi wrote:
rbm115 wrote:
By Tarra Quismundo
Inquirer
Last updated 06:48am (Mla time) 04/18/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- They both took hits, parried blows and endured injuries to triumph for the Philippine flag inside a boxing ring thousands of kilometers from home.

But on their trip back to celebrate the double victory, what separated two Filipino boxing champions were several rows of seats that seemed to have highlighted the contrasting treatment accorded an established ring idol and a promising young fighter.......

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerhe ... e_id=61037

----------------------------------------

so what if he's in first class and the other boxer is in economy, 'DOES' it deserve a headline ???? or even an article.

this Crab writers are waste of printing press oil.

crab mentality at its best shown here.

if not for Pacquiao , Concepcion wont even be in the undercard.

get a life tabloid writer

did you read the actual paper??? With my respect, I disagree with you. For me, there is nothing wrong with that the article.. The main topic about that article was about Bernabe Conception, if you read it properly. It serves as an inspiration for BC... BC never complained seating on the economy class, right? The writter only showed the contrast between this two filipino boxers. NO CRAB MENTALITY.. I imagine putting myself in BC's own shoes. If i was BC, I also dreamed of riding a first class seat and be more popular... It added inspiration on him by seeing how his "kuya Manny" succeded.

Did the writer put somebody down??? well, read again bro.....

o yeah , I read it. he made Manny look like a in sensitive crap of crap.

just read the headline., tell me what you think.

and also read the first two paragraphs, i will highlight it for your reading pleasure., and now tell me who DID not read the article.,

But on their trip back to celebrate the double victory, what separated two Filipino boxing champions were several rows of seats that seemed to have highlighted the contrasting treatment accorded an established ring idol and a promising young fighter.

-------------------

That's life, manny really deserves to be in the first class seat. And what is wrong with that? BC was just invited to be in that flight (he's actually leaving the next day). What important is that they both got RECOGNITION, even though it is not parallel with each other. Think about this, BOOM2x and PACMAN, are they parallel in terms of achievement?
What about BOOM2x and BC? can you see the difference? BC could get the SAME TREATMENT someday if he will be succesful in his boxing carrer.. (tiis muna si bernabe, marami pa siyang laban na haharapin) Face it, the writer just wrote the REALITY about this two... BC just getting an airport cab without security, a convoy, relatives or even a warm welcome, while MP in his luxury vehicle with his fans, security, convoy, friends, loved ones, politicians and greater recognition. (dba totoo naman un sinasabi ko?) There is really NOTHING WRONG with the writer. Maybe I got your point, for me every winner should get the SAME TREATMENT, big time or small time, (basta PILIPINO). right? I sense that you feel hurt because REALITY HURTS for MP or something else, and that is the problem, that is the 'crab' thing. Yeah its true, reality hurts. I give a GOOD CREDIT for the writer for SHOWING WHAT IS REAL. well i hope that you also got my point. im always gonna be a diehard fan of filipino boxing..

what do you mean, my feelings were hurt, you watch too much soap opera.

im glad you got the 'crab thing' point, thats the point of this thread anyways.

let me rephrase it, you might be 'uncomfortable' reading the article..
maybe too much reality and freedom doesn't work well, so somethings shouldn't be talk about. someone told me that great freedom must come with great responsibility.... and i don't if it matters here....
(heheh, soap opera, naalala ko tuloy si sam milby, speaking the best tagalog in town, :throwup: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:05 pm 
Middleweight

Concepcion must earn his First Class SEAT!
Lame Reporters!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:14 pm 
Cruiserweight

maryhazel wrote:
Concepcion must earn his First Class SEAT!
Lame Reporters!

REPORTERS are being LAMED, REPORTERS in the PI are being KILLED mostly....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:35 pm 
Heavyweight

So what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:40 pm 
Welterweight

So what if PAcman flew business class...

he paid for it right? he didnt hassle or steal from someone...

if this tabloid writer thinks its unfair that Pacman flew business while the rest of us mortals flew economy...

well why dont he step into a ring and taste all those punches from Pacman's beaten foes.. starting with Solis!!!!

same to those who even wonder how will Pacman spends his millions..

suya lang mo!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:47 pm 
Heavyweight

...for me, no big deal both boxers arrived at the same time,...think, lucio tan doesn't care whether he is on economy class though he owns practically(he owns the most number of share and he's billionaire) the philippine airline...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:47 pm 
Cruiserweight

I found no wrong in the article.The article is fair and square and if anybody here is feeling untowards, it is his own views and understanding that make him feeling bad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next