Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:19 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:10 am 
Light Heavyweight

not bad at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:45 pm 
Cruiserweight

Johnny.Rooks wrote:
heroe_del_silencio wrote:
What are the PPV numbers for the Pacquiao-Solis boxing event? It's been more than two weeks, and we are still waiting. I hope the figures are released, unlike the Larios-Pacquiao PPV numbers. Paclandboxer, where are the numbers?

according to toprank: 375,980 PPV not too shabby huh?

http://www.toprank.com/PPVsales/PacquaioSolis=32567%

^^^
link

the link is invalid johnny.
anyone can access the link?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:52 pm 
Heavyweight

What are the PPV numbers for the Pacquiao-Solis boxing event? It's been more than two weeks, and we are still waiting. I hope the figures are released, unlike the Larios-Pacquiao PPV numbers. Paclandboxer, where are the numbers?

"Meanwhile, Arum said the Pacquiao-Solis show did well in the pay-per-view sales but he would only get the official figures within two weeks.

The crowd attendance of 14,793 at the Alamodome that was configured to seat 20,000 during fight night is the second largest in Texas history."

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:21 am 
Heavyweight

Hmmnnn... Why would Arum requires 2 weeks more to reveal the PPV numbers? :biglaugh:

link to PPV update:

http://www.mb.com.ph/SPRT2007050293061.html

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:52 am 
Cruiserweight

Location: I have my tickets for Heroes Del Silencio's one-night only concert in the USA!!
PaclandBoxer wrote:
Hmmnnn... Why would Arum requires 2 weeks more to reveal the PPV numbers? :biglaugh:

link to PPV update:

Arum's hoping that in two weeks, everyone will be talking about De La Hoya-Mayweather's astronomical PPV figures, and no one will care to ask about the Pacquiao-Solis PPV numbers...but I will lol. When Morales would fight on PPV, the numbers would be known the week after the fight. Now Arum needs a month to obtain those figures?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:59 am 
Heavyweight

PaclandBoxer wrote:

link to PPV update:

Arum's hoping that in two weeks, everyone will be talking about De La Hoya-Mayweather's astronomical PPV figures, and no one will care to ask about the Pacquiao-Solis PPV numbers...but I will lol. When Morales would fight on PPV, the numbers would be known the week after the fight. Now Arum needs a month to obtain those figures?

My conspiracy? Arum will wait for the ODLH-PBF ppv numbers and then brag how a the low-budgeted PAC-Solis card relatively outperformed the much hyped ODLH-PBF card...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:05 pm 
Cruiserweight

Location: I have my tickets for Heroes Del Silencio's one-night only concert in the USA!!
PaclandBoxer wrote:
PaclandBoxer wrote:

link to PPV update:

My conspiracy? Arum will wait for the ODLH-PBF ppv numbers and then brag how a the low-budgeted PAC-Solis card relatively outperformed the much hyped ODLH-PBF card...

I knew that was your conspiracy theory. You are so predictable lol. However, Arum must be a fool because De La Hoya's PPV numbers will be in the millions. Arum would only be stating the obvious, since Pacquiao-Solis's PPV numbers would pale in comparison to those of De La Hoya's fight. If that was his initial plan, we probably will never know Pacquiao-Solis' PPV numbers after May 5 lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:46 pm 
Cruiserweight

For me, I don't care whether or not MP is a BIG PPV fighter... Selling fight does not measure boxer but how you do inside the ring... he knocks out some of the best and considered by many as the most exciting fighter today. it is ironic if the most exciting boxer can't sell his fight while a royal blooded boxer fighting tomato cans does. i think there is something wrong with boxing.

If PPV numbers = great boxer, the Golden Boy is the greatest fighter of all time... someone's having a dilemna...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:50 pm 
Middleweight

brawler wrote:
For me, I don't care whether or not MP is a BIG PPV fighter... Selling fight does not measure boxer but how you do inside the ring... he knocks out some of the best and considered by many as the most exciting fighter today. it is ironic if the most exciting boxer can't sell his fight while a royal blooded boxer fighting tomato cans does. i think there is something wrong with boxing.

If PPV numbers = great boxer, the Golden Boy is the greatest fighter of all time... someone's having a dilemna...

Your correct ik..bro..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:53 pm 
Cruiserweight

brawler wrote:

Well, you are pointing out the obvious. The topic we are discussing is Pacquiao's popularity. He is a great fighter, but he cannot even attract flies by himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:57 pm 
Cruiserweight

brawler wrote:

CORRECT!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:14 pm 
Heavyweight

brawler wrote:

Well, you are pointing out the obvious. The topic we are discussing is Pacquiao's popularity. He is a great fighter, but he cannot even attract flies by himself.

Are you referring to Juanita Señor Heroe regarding the flies ??? :biglaugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:32 pm 
Heavyweight

Independently promoted a PPV card in San Antonio, Texas, headlined by the matchup of Manny Pacquiao and Jorge Solis, which was an artistic and financial success...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:37 pm 
Heavyweight

PaclandBoxer wrote:
Independently promoted a PPV card in San Antonio, Texas, headlined by the matchup of Manny Pacquiao and Jorge Solis, which was an artistic and financial success...

Top Rank and GBP should start paying you for promoting their fights in this site. Just make sure you only sign one contract. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:41 pm 
Heavyweight

panday wrote:
PaclandBoxer wrote:

Top Rank and GBP should start paying you for promoting their fights in this site. Just make sure you only sign one contract. :lol:

Hehe :D I'm doing it for the info of fellow boxing fans... And to irritate Señor Heroe... :biglaugh:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next