Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:30 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:12 am 
Heavyweight

gapo_boy wrote:
Did you register as Boholboxer bro?

YES... :biglaugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:18 am 
Heavyweight

PaclandBoxer wrote:
gapo_boy wrote:
This is a great read bro paclandboxer, sana post mo rin dito, please lang. It'll make Champ happy bro. ---> http://www.rolandobohol.net

Your wish is granted Bro Gapo... :D

link >> http://rolandobohol.net/bohol2/viewtopi ... =5013#5013

Thanxs bro. Hope to see there more often and share your insights with us.

I owe you one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:19 am 
Heavyweight

PaclandBoxer wrote:
gapo_boy wrote:

How did I guess that :biglaugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:20 am 
Cruiserweight

Location: I have my tickets for Heroes Del Silencio's one-night only concert in the USA!!
Pacquiao should reciprocate San Antonio's gratitude by offering them a fight that is actually worth watching, unlike his last fight against Solis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:25 am 
Heavyweight

heroe_del_silencio wrote:
Pacquiao should reciprocate San Antonio's gratitude by offering them a fight that is actually worth watching, unlike his last fight against Solis.

tell that to Arum coz our Pacman gonna fight anyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:41 am 
Heavyweight

Here's my plan carnal... After PAC beats Barrera for the 2nd time and Soto beats Juanita, we will shout to TopRank/Bob Arum to conduct PAC vs. Soto in San Antonio... Do you agree? :biglaugh:

Last edited by PaclandBoxer on Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:49 am 
Heavyweight

PaclandBoxer wrote:

Here's my plan carnal... After beats Barrera for the 2nd time and Soto beats Juanita, we will shout to TopRank/Bob Arum to conduct PAC vs. Soto in San Antonio... Do you agree? :biglaugh:
Yes I do :biglaugh:

or, move the rematch with MAB in AC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:57 am 
Heavyweight

gapo_boy wrote:
PaclandBoxer wrote:
gapo_boy wrote:

Maybe you spotted a trend here... PaclandBoxer, BoholBoxer, SaddoBoxer, EastSideBoxer... ha ha :biglaugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:00 am 
Heavyweight

PaclandBoxer wrote:
gapo_boy wrote:
PaclandBoxer wrote:
gapo_boy wrote:

Maybe you spotted a trend here... PaclandBoxer, BoholBoxer, SaddoBoxer, EastSideBoxer... ha ha :biglaugh:

Is that so?

:biglaugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:19 am 
Heavyweight

gapo_boy wrote:
PaclandBoxer wrote:
gapo_boy wrote:
PaclandBoxer wrote:
gapo_boy wrote:

Is that so?

:biglaugh:

I'm also planning to join marcobarrera.com and juanmanuelmarquez.com but I have second thoughts since I've heard those sites are full of Pinoy bullies... :biglaugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:20 am 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao Fans Full Support in Texas
Amee Enriquez/Asianjournal.com

SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Ponce Melo was not hard to miss, seated on the bleachers near the ringside.

Outfitted in a white t-shirt and a black leather jacket, the proud Pinoy also wore a black cowboy hat adorned with numerous ‘Vote for Manny!, April 14, Alamodome’ buttons.

For more visibility, he was also waving a big poster. On the right side of the poster was a big photo of Philippine boxing hero, Manny ‘Pacman’ Pacquiao, the main draw of the April 14 ‘Blaze of Glory’ boxing event, with the text, ‘Pacquiao vs Solis, Sat., Apr 14, plus 3 main events, live: the Alamodome, PPV everywhere,’ and ‘Manny ‘Pacman’ Pacquaio for Boxer,’ with the word ‘Boxer’ written with permanent marker over the word ‘Congressman.’ On the left side of the poster was the Philippine flag, one of the Alamodome buttons and the words, ‘Go Pacman, Mabuhay Pilipinas.’ The poster, he said, was autographed by Manny Pacquaio.

Melo flew all the way from Anaheim, California to San Antonio, Texas just to watch Top Rank’s ‘Blaze of Glory,’ featuring Pacquiao and Mexican Jorge Solis at the Alamodome.

“I have always watched Manny Pacquiao since the beginning. I always watch live because I don’t want his lucky streak to change. I want him to win,” Melo said in Tagalog, in an interview immediately after Pacquiao won his 44th boxing match.

Melo said that during the fight, he was on edge, especially when Manny accidentally got head-butted. “I was the only Filipino where I was seated,” Melo said, adding that he was surrounded by fans of the Mexican fighter. “I was just quiet. But when the opponent was knocked-out, I jumped. They were just quiet. They congratulated me,” he added.

Melo was one of the few Filipinos present at the Alamodome who watched the fight live. Majority of the 14,793 spectators who showed up were predominantly fans of the Mexican boxers.

Gil Fucanan traveled from Houston, Texas, to watch the match. “I work in an American ship, sometimes in a military ship. I just got off today just to watch him. I video all his fights. He’s awesome, there’s a thrill. We are overcome [with emotion] because he won.”

Nenette Harrihon, also from Houston, said that she was a fan of Pacquaio’s and always makes it a point to watch all his fights. “It was a good fight. I even called my mom in the Philippines just to tell her that Pacquaio won. I always call my mom to update her on who won,” she said in Tagalog.

Though the Pinoy fans were easily outnumbered at the Alamodome, they made up for it with their enthusiasm. Some of them came with the letters of Pacman’s name on their shirts. A few came with the Philippine flag.

After the fight was over and Pacquiao was declared winner, they lingered, leaving only when told by security that they could no longer stay. Even after the fight, they continuously shouted Pacquaio’s name, screamed “I love you!” and “Picture,” motioning that they wanted photos with their idol. They also requested for photos with sportscasters Joaquin ‘Quinito’ Henson and Chino Trinidad, as well as singer Geneva Cruz, who sang the Philipine national anthem before the start of the fight.

The Pacquiao versus Solis fight might be over but for sure, the Pacman fans will again come in full force for the next boxing match here in the US...

MABUHAY PAC FANS in TEXAS !!! :celebrate:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:21 am 
Heavyweight

link to the article >> http://www.asianjournal.com/?c=124&a=19729

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:50 am 
Strawweight

Very proud to be a pinoy guys..see what manny did.

check out pinoy food online guys at http://www.etindahan.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:57 am 
Cruiserweight

PaclandBoxer wrote:

SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Ponce Melo was not hard to miss, seated on the bleachers near the ringside.

Outfitted in a white t-shirt and a black leather jacket, the proud Pinoy also wore a black cowboy hat adorned with numerous ‘Vote for Manny!, April 14, Alamodome’ buttons.

For more visibility, he was also waving a big poster. On the right side of the poster was a big photo of Philippine boxing hero, Manny ‘Pacman’ Pacquiao, the main draw of the April 14 ‘Blaze of Glory’ boxing event, with the text, ‘Pacquiao vs Solis, Sat., Apr 14, plus 3 main events, live: the Alamodome, PPV everywhere,’ and ‘Manny ‘Pacman’ Pacquaio for Boxer,’ with the word ‘Boxer’ written with permanent marker over the word ‘Congressman.’ On the left side of the poster was the Philippine flag, one of the Alamodome buttons and the words, ‘Go Pacman, Mabuhay Pilipinas.’ The poster, he said, was autographed by Manny Pacquaio.

Melo flew all the way from Anaheim, California to San Antonio, Texas just to watch Top Rank’s ‘Blaze of Glory,’ featuring Pacquiao and Mexican Jorge Solis at the Alamodome.

“I have always watched Manny Pacquiao since the beginning. I always watch live because I don’t want his lucky streak to change. I want him to win,” Melo said in Tagalog, in an interview immediately after Pacquiao won his 44th boxing match.

Melo said that during the fight, he was on edge, especially when Manny accidentally got head-butted. “I was the only Filipino where I was seated,” Melo said, adding that he was surrounded by fans of the Mexican fighter. “I was just quiet. But when the opponent was knocked-out, I jumped. They were just quiet. They congratulated me,” he added.

Melo was one of the few Filipinos present at the Alamodome who watched the fight live. Majority of the 14,793 spectators who showed up were predominantly fans of the Mexican boxers.

Gil Fucanan traveled from Houston, Texas, to watch the match. “I work in an American ship, sometimes in a military ship. I just got off today just to watch him. I video all his fights. He’s awesome, there’s a thrill. We are overcome [with emotion] because he won.”

Nenette Harrihon, also from Houston, said that she was a fan of Pacquaio’s and always makes it a point to watch all his fights. “It was a good fight. I even called my mom in the Philippines just to tell her that Pacquaio won. I always call my mom to update her on who won,” she said in Tagalog.

Though the Pinoy fans were easily outnumbered at the Alamodome, they made up for it with their enthusiasm. Some of them came with the letters of Pacman’s name on their shirts. A few came with the Philippine flag.

After the fight was over and Pacquiao was declared winner, they lingered, leaving only when told by security that they could no longer stay. Even after the fight, they continuously shouted Pacquaio’s name, screamed “I love you!” and “Picture,” motioning that they wanted photos with their idol. They also requested for photos with sportscasters Joaquin ‘Quinito’ Henson and Chino Trinidad, as well as singer Geneva Cruz, who sang the Philipine national anthem before the start of the fight.

The Pacquiao versus Solis fight might be over but for sure, the Pacman fans will again come in full force for the next boxing match here in the US...

ACTUALLY IT'S THE OTHER WAY AROUND...for the second time around THANKS PACMAN FOR BRINGING YOUR FISTIC EXPLOITS IN ALAMO CITY..PACMAN FOR CONGRESSMAN...SIPSIP AND DATING :D

...I look at the stonecutter hammering away at his rock,perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two,and i know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:05 am 
Heavyweight

boholano wrote:
PaclandBoxer wrote:

ACTUALLY IT'S THE OTHER WAY AROUND...for the second time around THANKS PACMAN FOR BRINGING YOUR FISTIC EXPLOITS IN ALAMO CITY..PACMAN FOR CONGRESSMAN...SIPSIP AND DATING :D

Even with your tremendous support to PAC in San Antonio Mr. Boholano, still many people thinks that the main credit of the success of "Blaze of Glory" boxing card goes to Arce and Chavez Jr. and not to PAC.... :wink: