Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:13 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:08 pm 
Featherweight

Pacquiao has just started on his political career but it seems he is quickly adapting to the corrupt and dirty ways of politics. He is already playing with the law to suit himself. What more if he is already deeply involved in politics? This is the reason why many people hate to see him enter politics. He has a good name and is a hero because of boxing and it's best for him to stay on boxing where he is most competent and where he can help not only his home town but the whole Philippines as well. I still hope that he drop politics and stay focused on his boxing career instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:18 pm 
Heavyweight

....if we're to believe atty gacal pronouncement, the case was already iron-out....it's also interesting how some interested group will defend packy on this issue...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:35 pm 
Featherweight

But there two issues here: first is the residency issue and i think think this is what Jeng Gacal is saying that it was ironed-out already; second is Pacquiao registered twice, in Manila and in Gensan, as a voter. Are they going to twist the law for him to run wherever he may want to? I am not a lawyer that's why I'm confused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:52 pm 
Middleweight

GOOD FOR HIME SO THAT HE'LL LEARN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:59 pm 
Lightweight

Nestor Roldan wrote:
Pacquiao has just started on his political career but it seems he is quickly adapting to the corrupt and dirty ways of politics. He is already playing with the law to suit himself. What more if he is already deeply involved in politics? This is the reason why many people hate to see him enter politics. He has a good name and is a hero because of boxing and it's best for him to stay on boxing where he is most competent and where he can help not only his home town but the whole Philippines as well. I still hope that he drop politics and stay focused on his boxing career instead.

i believe pac has that 'no fear' principle...."go where the brave dares not to go...where the angels fear to trade!"...

that's the pac!

like the motto of the GIs or British Commandos: "Who dares, Wins...... or No Guts ..no Glory!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:00 pm 
Light Heavyweight

super inggo wrote:
GOOD FOR HIME SO THAT HE'LL LEARN

What are the issues guys? medyo late ako eh. As i read. It's all about his rescindency?

We well for me PACMAN got fack-up with that issue because of this Election Again... hahahaha

BOXING FANS does not MEAN POLITICAL SUPPORTER...

so be it, let's see how they gonna twist the the Truth...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:05 pm 
Welterweight

not surprised with pac registering twice. hell, he have signed 2 fight contracts before with gacal on his side, this is just a deja vu :biglaugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:23 pm 
Cruiserweight

Chadmack wrote:
not surprised with pac registering twice. hell, he have signed 2 fight contracts before with gacal on his side, this is just a deja vu :biglaugh:

lol

wait till he file 2 identical bills...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:23 pm 
Welterweight

brawler wrote:
Chadmack wrote:

lol

wait till he file 2 identical bills...

:lol: too much of this ---> :whisper:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:30 pm 
Heavyweight

Who cares?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:45 pm 
Heavyweight

Nestor Roldan wrote:
But there two issues here: first is the residency issue and i think think this is what Jeng Gacal is saying that it was ironed-out already; second is Pacquiao registered twice, in Manila and in Gensan, as a voter. Are they going to twist the law for him to run wherever he may want to? I am not a lawyer that's why I'm confused.

I heard a radio interview of Atty. Makalintal before that Pacquiao's residency is no longer an issue coz he is a legit resident of Gensan. I think the problem on this one is about the immediate transfer of his voting papers from Manila to Gensan, which I think requires 1 year for you to enable to vote. And one of the qualification for Manny to run is he must be a registered voter of Gensan. How can he be a voter if his voting rights has been transfered only on Dec. 2006? It means he will only be a legitimate voter of Gensan on June 2007. Comelec Chaiman Abalos is very silent about the issue coz he thinks that It will be a case in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:47 am 
Lightweight

with all these kind of issues... i can see how "qualified" pacquiao is to run as congressman. one classic example of corruptions. pacman for congressman! garbage in, garbage out!