Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:13 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:08 pm 
Offline
Featherweight

Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 6:23 pm
Posts: 67
Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Pacquiao has just started on his political career but it seems he is quickly adapting to the corrupt and dirty ways of politics. He is already playing with the law to suit himself. What more if he is already deeply involved in politics? This is the reason why many people hate to see him enter politics. He has a good name and is a hero because of boxing and it's best for him to stay on boxing where he is most competent and where he can help not only his home town but the whole Philippines as well. I still hope that he drop politics and stay focused on his boxing career instead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:18 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:47 am
Posts: 8304
Location: nevermind
....if we're to believe atty gacal pronouncement, the case was already iron-out....it's also interesting how some interested group will defend packy on this issue...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:35 pm 
Offline
Featherweight

Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 6:23 pm
Posts: 67
Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
But there two issues here: first is the residency issue and i think think this is what Jeng Gacal is saying that it was ironed-out already; second is Pacquiao registered twice, in Manila and in Gensan, as a voter. Are they going to twist the law for him to run wherever he may want to? I am not a lawyer that's why I'm confused.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:52 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:45 pm
Posts: 654
Location: san francisco
GOOD FOR HIME SO THAT HE'LL LEARN


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:59 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:52 am
Posts: 182
Location: manila
Nestor Roldan wrote:
Pacquiao has just started on his political career but it seems he is quickly adapting to the corrupt and dirty ways of politics. He is already playing with the law to suit himself. What more if he is already deeply involved in politics? This is the reason why many people hate to see him enter politics. He has a good name and is a hero because of boxing and it's best for him to stay on boxing where he is most competent and where he can help not only his home town but the whole Philippines as well. I still hope that he drop politics and stay focused on his boxing career instead.


i believe pac has that 'no fear' principle...."go where the brave dares not to go...where the angels fear to trade!"...

that's the pac!

like the motto of the GIs or British Commandos: "Who dares, Wins...... or No Guts ..no Glory!"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:00 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:31 am
Posts: 1979
Location: Ex KSA,TAIWAN,IRAQ,Qatar/LIBYA/Algeria
super inggo wrote:
GOOD FOR HIME SO THAT HE'LL LEARN


What are the issues guys? medyo late ako eh. As i read. It's all about his rescindency?

We well for me PACMAN got fack-up with that issue because of this Election Again... hahahaha

BOXING FANS does not MEAN POLITICAL SUPPORTER...


so be it, let's see how they gonna twist the the Truth...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:05 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:06 pm
Posts: 315
not surprised with pac registering twice. hell, he have signed 2 fight contracts before with gacal on his side, this is just a deja vu :biglaugh:

_________________
-.-. .... .- -.. -- .- -.-. -.-


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:23 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:06 pm
Posts: 2887
Location: Sta.Cruz. Manila
Chadmack wrote:
not surprised with pac registering twice. hell, he have signed 2 fight contracts before with gacal on his side, this is just a deja vu :biglaugh:


lol

wait till he file 2 identical bills...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:23 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:50 am
Posts: 450
Location: Honolulu
brawler wrote:
Chadmack wrote:
not surprised with pac registering twice. hell, he have signed 2 fight contracts before with gacal on his side, this is just a deja vu :biglaugh:


lol

wait till he file 2 identical bills...

:lol: too much of this ---> :whisper:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:30 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:17 pm
Posts: 4032
Location: Birkenhead, UK
Who cares?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:45 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:03 pm
Posts: 8753
Location: Mt. Everest
Nestor Roldan wrote:
But there two issues here: first is the residency issue and i think think this is what Jeng Gacal is saying that it was ironed-out already; second is Pacquiao registered twice, in Manila and in Gensan, as a voter. Are they going to twist the law for him to run wherever he may want to? I am not a lawyer that's why I'm confused.

I heard a radio interview of Atty. Makalintal before that Pacquiao's residency is no longer an issue coz he is a legit resident of Gensan. I think the problem on this one is about the immediate transfer of his voting papers from Manila to Gensan, which I think requires 1 year for you to enable to vote. And one of the qualification for Manny to run is he must be a registered voter of Gensan. How can he be a voter if his voting rights has been transfered only on Dec. 2006? It means he will only be a legitimate voter of Gensan on June 2007. Comelec Chaiman Abalos is very silent about the issue coz he thinks that It will be a case in the future.

_________________
"Kung tuwing sa laban ko lang nagkakaisa tayong mga Pilipino, kahit araw-araw lalaban ako" - Manny Pacquiao


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:47 am 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:07 am
Posts: 197
Location: Cordillera
with all these kind of issues... i can see how "qualified" pacquiao is to run as congressman. one classic example of corruptions. pacman for congressman! garbage in, garbage out!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group