Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:04 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:45 pm 
Heavyweight

angel_liu100 wrote:
boholano wrote:
PaclandBoxer wrote:
If this is true, 175,000 PPV buys for PAC-Solis is a very good number considering PAC is fighting a total unknown... :D

yup. that's a descent number. even ring mag p4p #1 floyd gayweather cannot even pull that kind of number if he will fight an unknown fighter...

Floyd pulls 300-400k plus on the average in his PPV's.....FYI
Can you back that up with a proof?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:51 pm 
Heavyweight

Kadyo wrote:
angel_liu100 wrote:
boholano wrote:
PaclandBoxer wrote:
If this is true, 175,000 PPV buys for PAC-Solis is a very good number considering PAC is fighting a total unknown... :D

yup. that's a descent number. even ring mag p4p #1 floyd gayweather cannot even pull that kind of number if he will fight an unknown fighter...

To think that PBF is always fighting in his homeland. Geeeeezzz what a loser. :biglaugh: thats way too small men, considering PBF is an american.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:51 pm 
Lightweight

Kadyo wrote:
angel_liu100 wrote:
boholano wrote:
PaclandBoxer wrote:

I suggest you go to american boxing forums and ask. They will tell you the same or close to it. Floyd I was told is a bigger name than Pacman in the US, my cousins from there told me about it.....Pacman is only famous with hardcore boxing fans, maybe mexicans and pinoys while FLoyd is becoming a household name, especially now that he is fighting Oscar Dela Hoya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:53 pm 
Lightweight

Quote:
To think that PBF is always fighting in his homeland. Geeeeezzz what a loser. :biglaugh: thats way too small men, considering PBF is an american.

NO men, those are good numbers these days. Only the Dela Hoya , Tyson make greter buzz. Boxing is almost dead in america so 300-400k is ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:55 pm 
Heavyweight

angel_liu100 wrote:
Kadyo wrote:
angel_liu100 wrote:
boholano wrote:
PaclandBoxer wrote:

I suggest you go to american boxing forums and ask. They will tell you the same or close to it. Floyd I was told is a bigger name than Pacman in the US, my cousins from there told me about it.....Pacman is only famous with hardcore boxing fans, maybe mexicans and pinoys while FLoyd is becoming a household name, especially now that he is fighting Oscar Dela Hoya
Arum should pit Manny with ODLH too then to make him a bigger name than Floyd in the US. :biglaugh: :peace:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:59 pm 
Lightweight

kidlatkamao wrote:
angel_liu100 wrote:
Kadyo wrote:
angel_liu100 wrote:
boholano wrote:
PaclandBoxer wrote:

Arum should pit Manny with ODLH too then to make him a bigger name than Floyd in the US. :biglaugh: :peace:

I am not sure if thats possible. Oscar is from a bigger weightclass. Besides, Oscar wont let Arum promote him in any fight now since hes a promoter himself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:17 pm 
Light Heavyweight

heroe_del_silencio wrote:
felix_tarlac wrote:
I think the fight was poorly promoted. I also think HBO non-involvement in the fight could have been an attribute to poor sales.

It was better promoted than Barrera-Marquez. Pacquiao should be enjoying huge PPV success since he is the No. 2 pound-4-pound fighter in the world, but he isn't because he is not that popular among boxing fans....at least not yet.

Well, 175 K buys (unofficial) with Pacquiao fighting an unknown is not bad at all compare compare to 225k buys produced by so called two future hall of famers. And considering, HBO was not the one who aired the fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:18 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Erap wrote:
Some Paclanders believed the PPV numbers would be in the 200K range. Only Morales can achieve such a feat on a regular basis. Morales is still the PPV king.

I even heard 400K :D

I think the 400K is just a joke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:21 pm 
Heavyweight

angel_liu100 wrote:
Kadyo wrote:
angel_liu100 wrote:
boholano wrote:
PaclandBoxer wrote:

american boxing forums? where is that lol? you believe your cousins? what about your uncles? haha!!! I say you're a good boy but that doesn't mean anything LMAO!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:50 pm 
Cruiserweight

flipbjefrox wrote:
maxboxing message board which is truly balanced in terms of fans also mentioned dan rafael's live chat and the figure for the pac's ppv which is 175,000

http://forums.maxboxing.com/index.php?showtopic=7772

if this turn out to be true i have to say it did good.

Why? Not advertise in ESPN, Foxsports or on HBO.

Only created buzz in the internet.

the main event was fighting an unknown.

Barrera vs. fana i believe was 75,000. highly publicized by hbo.
Vitali vs. Williams did almost the same.

Many more hbo ppv that was highly publicized failed.

For a small time show its a success considering paulie vs. cotto did 40,000 only i think.

If that is rafael's source is right.

After pac man won, all kinds of drunk mexicans were super pissed. In the restroomI saw these four short(4'8"-5'2") drunk mexicans talking **** to this big Phillipino dude who looked like the rock:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:56 pm 
Cruiserweight

During Dan Rafael's chat yesterday he said they are projectingthe final numbers to be around 175,000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:38 pm 
Heavyweight

mikes wrote:
During Dan Rafael's chat yesterday he said they are projectingthe final numbers to be around 175,000.

not bad bros...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:12 pm 
Middleweight

wasn't Mayweather's last fight with Baldomir around 175 K also???

anyway, i wish we knew the numbers already..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:16 pm 
Middleweight

mikes wrote:
flipbjefrox wrote:
maxboxing message board which is truly balanced in terms of fans also mentioned dan rafael's live chat and the figure for the pac's ppv which is 175,000

if this turn out to be true i have to say it did good.

Why? Not advertise in ESPN, Foxsports or on HBO.

Only created buzz in the internet.

the main event was fighting an unknown.

Barrera vs. fana i believe was 75,000. highly publicized by hbo.
Vitali vs. Williams did almost the same.

Many more hbo ppv that was highly publicized failed.

For a small time show its a success considering paulie vs. cotto did 40,000 only i think.

If that is rafael's source is right.

After pac man won, all kinds of drunk mexicans were super pissed. In the restroomI saw these four short(4'8"-5'2") drunk mexicans talking **** to this big Phillipino dude who looked like the rock:D

and then... ???

tell us what happened.. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:39 pm 
Heavyweight

chain_knuckles wrote:
Erap wrote:
Some Paclanders believed the PPV numbers would be in the 200K range. Only Morales can achieve such a feat on a regular basis. Morales is still the PPV king.

I even heard 400K :D

I think the 400K is just a joke.

Actually it's a bait... I personally know the guy that made that prediction... :biglaugh:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next