Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:22 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:58 pm 
Heavyweight

Macario wrote:
It's a good way for members- especially those based abroad like me- to monitor the progress of the group, ie. in terms of projects, beneficiaries,how the funds are being spent, etc.

Stockholders elect the board members and appoint an external auditor (when funds are already big :D ). The board appoints an internal auditor who reports directly to the board. The corporation is run by officers elected by the board.

Corporate books are open to stockholders any time during office hours. The officers report to the board either monthly or quarterly or semi-annually, and the board in turn reports to the stockholders in an annual stockholders' meeting.

A member who is unhappy with the way things are done has the vote to elect the directors he wants. Or he can simply sell his shares to others or to the corporation itself.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:04 pm 
Heavyweight

The Butcher wrote:
Epifanio M. Almeda wrote:
IceColdBeer wrote:
Nice sir epi! :D

I haven't gone to Western Union ,sir ICB, to claim your remittance. I can sense no more urgency in this brainstorming. :(

For those of us who will still be "in" in this project, I'm introducing the idea where we will form a boxing management group to sponsor promising boxers. We can organize into a stock corporation. When the boxers' fights start to earn, a portion of the income will be used to support street kids plucked off the street.

I've talked with the 18-year old who posted at PRMO and I can sense his interest will carry him to success. He needs help to realize his dream. In a way, We will be helping him. When I opened the idea of helping street kids, he said he would be contributing later on to this noble purpose.

What do you say guys?

Interesting possibility. It won't be practical in the start though since 4-round boxers don't earn much. It works if the boxer becomes successful of course. Worth taking a look at...

This is a suggested direction we can compare with another or other suggestions. This ties up with the original idea that the undertaking must be income generating.

Some returns are realized when the boxer is already an 8 rounder. 2 wins as a 4 rounder qualifies the boxer to become a 6 rounder. 2 wins as such makes him an 8 rounder. Another 2 wins as 8 rounder makes him a 10 rounder. If he is really good, he qualifies for a local or even regional championship with a bigger purse.

Then he becomes a world champion. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:09 pm 
Heavyweight

If I may make another suggestion...

We don't have to look for members only here in Pacland. If you know anybody (friend, relative, colleague, etc.) who might want to be a part of this, we should feel free to invite them I think.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:16 pm 
Heavyweight

Even if there is a requirement that stockholders or members should be paclanders, this would not be a problem because becoming a paclander is easy.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:22 pm 
Heavyweight

When can we hold our first meeting and where? I might be in Manila at the end of the month during weekend. I prefer we meet on Saturday if it's okay with you guys.
I believe bongski can join us as well. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:51 am 
Heavyweight

IceColdBeer wrote:
When can we hold our first meeting and where? I might be in Manila at the end of the month during weekend. I prefer we meet on Saturday if it's okay with you guys.

Is it boxing management already? :)

The Butcher might have another workable idea. Saturday afternoon is OK with me as long as I'm not assigned to judge in a fight card which is usually scheduled on Saturdays.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:01 am 
Heavyweight

IceColdBeer wrote:

The Butcher might have another workable idea. Saturday afternoon is OK with me as long as I'm not assigned to judge in a fight card which is usually scheduled on Saturdays.

We can discuss it all during the meeting and see our best option. Saturday PM is fine by me.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:57 am 
Heavyweight

IceColdBeer wrote:
levi wrote:

mga bros, im in to this...suggestion lang to kong ok lang...pwede naman seguro na idadaan natin sa cooperative i mean magtayo tayo ng cooperative but the mission and vission is to help the poor...correct me if im wrong kong incorporation ang tatayuin natin di ba mas mahal ang singil at kailangan pa nating magtax buwan2x?

I think it was already considered earlier. I am not very familiar with coop, but let's see what sir epi and the rest suggests. For as long as the objective is the same, it should be fine.
For me, I'd go for incorporation as it's more professional. Just my honest opinion. :)

A second look at a cooperative would tell us that those who cannot attend the required seminars on cooperatives as a pre-requisite for membership would not become members. Yet, we are for worldwide membership of those interested.

A stock corporation would be applicable in our case as members can just subscribe shares of stock. Being a separate juridical entity from its stockholders, a corporation files a quarterly income tax return in addition to other taxes, in its own name.

It is not wrong to pay taxes to support road maintenance, police protection, other civil services a taxpayer enjoys. :)

ok bro...

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:19 am 
Lightweight

bongski wrote:
count me in. i think i may conrtribute something. when is the EB?thanks...

Thanks you. This EB will be for those who are for a formal organization. So far this is the list:

1. EMA - Imus, Cavite;
2. ICB - Hongkong and Las Pinas
3. Butcher - Paranaque
4. Rolando NatagaCavite- Imus,Cavite.
5. Morpheus24- Alberta, Canada.
6. nandi - Kiangan, Ifugao
7. bongski

bongski, please indicate your location. :)

I am from Hong Kong but I usually fly to Manila 2-3x in a month. Just PM or post when will be the meeting then sigurado I will go home.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:04 am 
Heavyweight

IceColdBeer wrote:
IceColdBeer wrote:

We can discuss it all during the meeting and see our best option. Saturday PM is fine by me.

Saturday PM's alright with me as well. Of course it depends on where we'd meet. Is MOA okay?

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:18 pm 
Heavyweight

The Butcher wrote:
Saturday PM's alright with me as well. Of course it depends on where we'd meet. Is MOA okay?

MOA is okay with me.
@bongski, May 31, Saturday afternoon. Uwi ka? Uwi ako Friday night.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:54 pm 
Heavyweight

bongski wrote:
I am from Hong Kong but I usually fly to Manila 2-3x in a month. Just PM or post when will be the meeting then sigurado I will go home.

Thank you. This EB will be for those who are for a formal organization. So far this is the list:

1. EMA - Imus, Cavite;
3. Butcher - Paranaque
7. bongski - Hong Kong

nandi & Rolando, can you make it on May 31? If I'm assigned in a boxing card, let's start at 1 pm. :)

The list is still open.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:01 pm 
Heavyweight

bongski wrote:

Thank you. This EB will be for those who are for a formal organization. So far this is the list:

1. EMA - Imus, Cavite;
3. Butcher - Paranaque
7. bongski - Hong Kong

nandi & Rolando, can you make it on May 31? If I'm assigned in a boxing card, let's start at 1 pm. :)

The list is still open.

I think I can Sir Epi. I'll be there. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:35 am 
Heavyweight

Great! Since our meeting will be on the 31st, we'll have more than a week to garner more members who may want to join us.

Once again, is everyone alright with inviting people who might be interested, but are not part of Pacland (yet?)?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:07 pm 
Heavyweight

The Butcher wrote:
Great! Since our meeting will be on the 31st, we'll have more than a week to garner more members who may want to join us.

Once again, is everyone alright with inviting people who might be interested, but are not part of Pacland (yet?)?

Fine by me. As per Sir Epi, it's easy to become a member in Pacland. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next