Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:25 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:11 am 
Heavyweight

bongski wrote:
count me in. i think i may conrtribute something. when is the EB?thanks...

Thanks you. This EB will be for those who are for a formal organization. So far this is the list:

1. EMA - Imus, Cavite;
2. ICB - Hongkong and Las Pinas
3. Butcher - Paranaque
4. Rolando NatagaCavite- Imus,Cavite.
5. Morpheus24- Alberta, Canada.
6. nandi - Kiangan, Ifugao
7. bongski

bongski, please indicate your location. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:34 am 
Heavyweight

Epifanio M. Almeda wrote:
nandi wrote:
Guys, count me in.

There's another applicant who is from the Ifugao area. A friend who introduced to me the applicant's father whom I talked thru phone says the 60-year old father is very strong and fit that when he flexes his muscles, you can't pinch his skin with a pair of pliers. When I talked to the father when he called me, he said his son is even stronger and that he wants to box. The applicant is 21 and if he is willing to sacrifice in the gym, we only need to add speed to his power (if he really has it as his father claims).

I hope nandi agrees to talk to him and size him up before he travels far to see me. :)

sir EMA,
maybe you can PM me his name and address and see what we can do. thanks.

Last edited by nandi on Tue May 20, 2008 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:38 am 
Heavyweight

IceColdBeer wrote:
Nice sir epi! :D

I haven't gone to Western Union ,sir ICB, to claim your remittance. I can sense no more urgency in this brainstorming. :(

For those of us who will still be "in" in this project, I'm introducing the idea where we will form a boxing management group to sponsor promising boxers. We can organize into a stock corporation. When the boxers' fights start to earn, a portion of the income will be used to support street kids plucked off the street.

I've talked with the 18-year old who posted at PRMO and I can sense his interest will carry him to success. He needs help to realize his dream. In a way, We will be helping him. When I opened the idea of helping street kids, he said he would be contributing later on to this noble purpose.

What do you say guys?

Interesting possibility. It won't be practical in the start though since 4-round boxers don't earn much. It works if the boxer becomes successful of course. Worth taking a look at...

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:41 am 
Heavyweight

Macario wrote:
Two words which are a must to those who will run this organization: Accountability and Transparency. Let's face it, most of us are anonymous to each other- I for one wishes to remain anonymous- and suspicions and doubts will always be there. How do we address this issue?

we have a lot of techies in PacLand ... who knows they can help set-up a dedicated website for the group where financial statements can be viewed (password protected). i think, though, that the incorporators cannot remain anonymous.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:06 am 
Heavyweight

nandi wrote:
nandi wrote:
Guys, count me in.

There's another applicant who is from the Ifugao area. A friend who introduced to me the applicant's father whom I talked thru phone says the 60-year old father is very strong and fit that when he flexes his muscles, you can't pinch his skin with a pair of pliers. When I talked to the father when he called me, he said his son is even stronger and that he wants to box. The applicant is 21 and if he is willing to sacrifice in the gym, we only need to add speed to his power (if he really has it as his father claims).

I hope nandi agrees to talk to him and size him up before he travels far to see me. :)

sir EMA,
maybe you can PM me his name and address and see what we can do. thanks.

I'll PM you the contact # of his father.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:09 am 
Heavyweight

The Butcher wrote:
IceColdBeer wrote:

I haven't gone to Western Union ,sir ICB, to claim your remittance. I can sense no more urgency in this brainstorming. :(

For those of us who will still be "in" in this project, I'm introducing the idea where we will form a boxing management group to sponsor promising boxers. We can organize into a stock corporation. When the boxers' fights start to earn, a portion of the income will be used to support street kids plucked off the street.

I've talked with the 18-year old who posted at PRMO and I can sense his interest will carry him to success. He needs help to realize his dream. In a way, We will be helping him. When I opened the idea of helping street kids, he said he would be contributing later on to this noble purpose.

What do you say guys?

Interesting possibility. It won't be practical in the start though since 4-round boxers don't earn much. It works if the boxer becomes successful of course. Worth taking a look at...

There is a 126-130 pounder who has 4 KO's in 7 fights with the last fight ending in a tech draw due to cuts in the 3rd rd. He is a promising fighter looking for a good management. We'l just cough up a few '000s to "buy him" out from his present handler. He is still 19 yrs old.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:23 am 
Heavyweight

Welcome bongski! Musta na?
Sir Epi, I'm fine with your idea. We have lots of potentials back home that are just waiting for good break. It's a two-way opportunity actually since we can help those aspiring boxers and in return the money we can generate can help street kids.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:36 am 
Heavyweight

IceColdBeer wrote:

What do you say guys?

It's fine sir epi!
Incorporation is cheaper, but depends on how much we will subscribe, kailangan lang ng show money I think 25% of the 25% nung total subscription. We can also use the money once macheck na ng SEC sa banko.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:47 am 
Heavyweight

nandi wrote:
Guys, count me in.

Wow! Reminds me of my lolo! :lol: Kidding aside, when I was in HS, I weighed around 160 lbs and I can stand on his hand with just his fingers holding the floor. Hindi din namin matusok yung mga muscles nya sa sobrang tigas. :lol:
That guy must be promising. I hope nandi can size him up. :D

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:38 am 
Heavyweight

IceColdBeer wrote:
IceColdBeer wrote:

What do you say guys?

It's fine sir epi!
Incorporation is cheaper, but depends on how much we will subscribe, kailangan lang ng show money I think 25% of the 25% nung total subscription. We can also use the money once macheck na ng SEC sa banko.

mga bros, im in to this...suggestion lang to kong ok lang...pwede naman seguro na idadaan natin sa cooperative i mean magtayo tayo ng cooperative but the mission and vission is to help the poor...correct me if im wrong kong incorporation ang tatayuin natin di ba mas mahal ang singil at kailangan pa nating magtax buwan2x?

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:00 pm 
Heavyweight

levi wrote:
IceColdBeer wrote:

What do you say guys?

It's fine sir epi!

mga bros, im in to this...suggestion lang to kong ok lang...pwede naman seguro na idadaan natin sa cooperative i mean magtayo tayo ng cooperative but the mission and vission is to help the poor...correct me if im wrong kong incorporation ang tatayuin natin di ba mas mahal ang singil at kailangan pa nating magtax buwan2x?

I think it was already considered earlier. I am not very familiar with coop, but let's see what sir epi and the rest suggests. For as long as the objective is the same, it should be fine.
For me, I'd go for incorporation as it's more professional. Just my honest opinion. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:18 pm 
Heavyweight

IceColdBeer wrote:
levi wrote:
IceColdBeer wrote:
It's fine sir epi!

I think it was already considered earlier. I am not very familiar with coop, but let's see what sir epi and the rest suggests. For as long as the objective is the same, it should be fine.
For me, I'd go for incorporation as it's more professional. Just my honest opinion. :)

im more concern of the tax para instead of ibibigay sa gobyerno mas mabuti pa ibigay nalang sa mga balak nating bigyan...in cooperative/association(non-profit) WALANG tax yan pero ang nakararami parin ang magdecision...kong saan masaya ang nakararami don narin ako...salamat...

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:22 pm 
Heavyweight

nandi wrote:
Macario wrote:
Two words which are a must to those who will run this organization: Accountability and Transparency. Let's face it, most of us are anonymous to each other- I for one wishes to remain anonymous- and suspicions and doubts will always be there. How do we address this issue?

we have a lot of techies in PacLand ... who knows they can help set-up a dedicated website for the group where financial statements can be viewed (password protected). i think, though, that the incorporators cannot remain anonymous.

i havent thought of that....that's actually a good idea. It's a good way for members- especially those based abroad like me- to monitor the progress of the group, ie. in terms of projects, beneficiaries,how the funds are being spent, etc.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:44 pm 
Heavyweight

IceColdBeer wrote:
levi wrote:
IceColdBeer wrote:
It's fine sir epi!

A second look at a cooperative would tell us that those who cannot attend the required seminars on cooperatives as a pre-requisite for membership would not become members. Yet, we are for worldwide membership of those interested.

A stock corporation would be applicable in our case as members can just subscribe shares of stock. Being a separate juridical entity from its stockholders, a corporation files a quarterly income tax return in addition to other taxes, in its own name.

It is not wrong to pay taxes to support road maintenance, police protection, other civil services a taxpayer enjoys. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:52 pm 
Heavyweight

IceColdBeer wrote:

Yes. Once the SEC issues the registration certificate, the board will convene to elect the officers including the regular treasurer. The depository bank is formally selected for the transfer of the deposit in the name of the treasurer-in-trust to the account of the corporation. The designated signatories on withdrawals will also be determined by the board. The funds are then free for authorized disbursements.

The paid up capital in cash and in property is at least 25% of the subscribed shares which in turn must be at least 25% of the authorized shares.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next