Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:05 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: D'Source says..
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:40 pm 
Light Heavyweight

It is very hard to write an article with it becomes very personal.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:34 pm 
Cruiserweight

Lildevalt wrote:
I respect D source's opinions and i like his articles. He always wants to stay relevant by writing on "what's hot lately" kind of stuff. Since he already burned the bridges with Pacland, a site that used to feature his works, then, it's just so sad to hear the bad things he has to say. From now on, i expect nothing but fresh stuffs from D Source. Subjects that are more challenging like delving on boxing history and its relevance to modern day boxing heroes. NOT JUST ABOUT PACQUIAO since he already ended his affair with Philboxing and Pinoy fans. So much for a Filipino writer representing Philippine boxing in the international scene. Be that as it may, I have to agree with him that Pacland has gone from bad to worse. If the quality of threads nowadays are any indication, it only takes a few minutes to figure that out. But to say that the D Source has improved from good to better is something i have to see yet. I still have to see a credible departure from latest scoops to timeless opus. Meaning, more versatility and range on boxing subjects that don't get outdated easily.

People who owe so much their success in a particular avenue usually have good things to say even if things have gone sour. I don't know if he's speaking ill against the "clowns" in Pinoygreats whom he had a bad argument with in the past or he's criticizing the site itself for its "garbage" patronage. Real journalists don't do that. Tact and class should still be there should they decide to release a venom on their ink someday. D source is a very talented writer, i won't be surprised if he goes places or lands a regular stint at RingtV. But to get to that place, something has to change dramatically. I like the D source as a writer but never as a forumer. He couldn't deal weall with criticisms and he often goes down to the level of clowns he detests. Boxing writers need a good rapport with fans in order to gain a huge following. Even when Dougie Fischer and Kevin Iole act like b!tches in their mailbags, they never lose control of their emotions and curse the fans just as harsh as they get it. One last thing, don't ever forget that u don't get to the top on your own. A lot of people, fans, put you up there. Maturity is best tested in the most annoying circumstances. Grace under fire is one thing i hope D Source will exemplify one day. And a little gratitude to this site perhaps, for giving him the breaks early on.

I agree. I also like the way DSource present his ideas through his writings only that substance does not only find its way to the articles but should also be found on the scribe's character.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:38 pm 
Heavyweight

Lildevalt wrote:
I respect D source's opinions and i like his articles. He always wants to stay relevant by writing on "what's hot lately" kind of stuff. Since he already burned the bridges with Pacland, a site that used to feature his works, then, it's just so sad to hear the bad things he has to say. From now on, i expect nothing but fresh stuffs from D Source. Subjects that are more challenging like delving on boxing history and its relevance to modern day boxing heroes. NOT JUST ABOUT PACQUIAO since he already ended his affair with Philboxing and Pinoy fans. So much for a Filipino writer representing Philippine boxing in the international scene. Be that as it may, I have to agree with him that Pacland has gone from bad to worse. If the quality of threads nowadays are any indication, it only takes a few minutes to figure that out. But to say that the D Source has improved from good to better is something i have to see yet. I still have to see a credible departure from latest scoops to timeless opus. Meaning, more versatility and range on boxing subjects that don't get outdated easily.

People who owe so much their success in a particular avenue usually have good things to say even if things have gone sour. I don't know if he's speaking ill against the "clowns" in Pinoygreats whom he had a bad argument with in the past or he's criticizing the site itself for its "garbage" patronage. Real journalists don't do that. Tact and class should still be there should they decide to release a venom on their ink someday. D source is a very talented writer, i won't be surprised if he goes places or lands a regular stint at RingtV. But to get to that place, something has to change dramatically. I like the D source as a writer but never as a forumer. He couldn't deal weall with criticisms and he often goes down to the level of clowns he detests. Boxing writers need a good rapport with fans in order to gain a huge following. Even when Dougie Fischer and Kevin Iole act like b!tches in their mailbags, they never lose control of their emotions and curse the fans just as harsh as they get it. One last thing, don't ever forget that u don't get to the top on your own. A lot of people, fans, put you up there. Maturity is best tested in the most annoying circumstances. Grace under fire is one thing i hope D Source will exemplify one day. And a little gratitude to this site perhaps, for giving him the breaks early on.

Well said! Galing mo talaga bro! Pa-kiss nga! :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:48 pm 
Lightweight

Mabuhay ka d source tuloy mo yan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:12 pm 
Lightweight

i don't know about the "crappy writing" but content must be accompanied by writing skills, he's not that good neither.

and the NBA?! really?! they've been reporting basketball here way before him and philboxing people started this spat with each other yet he never stopped writing for philboxing. he's a hypocrite.

he did write some good articles, but getting back like this to the people who contributed for who you are now (and you can never say it's all you) defines your values as a Pilipino, not just as a writer.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:18 pm 
Heavyweight

I have to agree with Dsource on this one. :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:49 pm 
Bantamweight

Quote:
People keep asking me why they don't see my articles on Philboxing and Pacland anymore. Simple: Those sites have become garbage and I refused to be associated with them anymore. They promote bullshit, their agendas and disguise it as "news". I'd rather seek out real news from other websites than "trust" what those clowns feed their patrons. And plus, it's stupid to see NBA stories from a site called "Philboxing". Crappy writing too. So... I hope that's honest and simple enough. Thanks! :)
https://www.facebook.com/dSourceBoxing?fref=ts#

Eh dito ko lang sya nakilala eh, mga links lang dito nagdadala sakin sa articles nya, I'm sure maraming katulad ko na ganun din.

Eto sakin lang ha, and I'm nobody.. Okay lang sana kung ayaw na nya dito kung anu man dahilan nya, tama man sya o mali, sana di na sya nag bad mouth sa site nato ng ganyan ang panget basahin eh, to think maraming tao isa na ko dun, dito lang sya nakilala.

Just my 2 cents. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:59 pm 
Cruiserweight

Okay naman si D Source mag sulat...kaso lately medyo pag umasta akala mo kung sinong tough guy na medyo mafiosi ang arrive....pero mukhang panay bilbil naman at hindi kaya i depensa sarili nya maski sa mga batang tundo....yung ang hindi ko gusto.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:01 am 
Light Heavyweight

Sipang Kabayo wrote:
Okay naman si D Source mag sulat...kaso lately medyo pag umasta akala mo kung sinong tough guy na medyo mafiosi ang arrive....pero mukhang panay bilbil naman at hindi kaya i depensa sarili nya maski sa mga batang tundo....yung ang hindi ko gusto.

Sir, batang tondo rin daw po si Dennis. :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:05 am 
Featherweight

Dsource is one good Filipino journalist, I think he's a great source of the latest happenings in boxing. Too,bad it came out this way. I always enjoy reading he's articles.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:19 am 
Featherweight

I'm hoping that Dsource will be the one to shed some lights on Mayweather's latest news about a posible use of Peds base on USADA's positive A sample. Evrrybody's mouth seems shut regarding that issue.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:52 am 
Heavyweight

Nagtataka pa Rin ako, bakit pa kayo magaaway eh konti na Lang kayong Pinoy sportswriters ,magpakumbaba ang bawat ISA. Demet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:09 am 
Lightweight

Opinion ko lang, kesa Philboxing dapat PhilSports o ibang pangalan nlng kasi may punto din naman c Dennis D'Source Guillermo..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:33 am 
Heavyweight

Box_Out wrote:
Quote:
People keep asking me why they don't see my articles on Philboxing and Pacland anymore. Simple: Those sites have become garbage and I refused to be associated with them anymore. They promote bullshit, their agendas and disguise it as "news". I'd rather seek out real news from other websites than "trust" what those clowns feed their patrons. And plus, it's stupid to see NBA stories from a site called "Philboxing". Crappy writing too. So... I hope that's honest and simple enough. Thanks! :)
https://www.facebook.com/dSourceBoxing?fref=ts#

sourgrape :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:41 am 
Light Heavyweight

do you prefer this guy? Alex Groberman? I can find an article of him about pacquiao every single day! its so annoying! its all non sense article! " basta lang may maisulat tungkol kay pacman"!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next