Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:41 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: floyd mayweather video
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:04 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:01 pm
Posts: 790
Location: australia
anyway, so floyd's fight is coming up on the 4th.

i was originally going to do a tribute using this song ('bad reputation') to faith lehane, but i shelved that for the time being cos it's going to be a lot... of work. and i thought about floyd's upcoming fight and thought 'you know, that song would probably suit him too'.

i think i would rather see floyd win than geurrero)

http://youtu.be/CoLPu9dw3Aw

i mean, i am totally a 100% pacquiao girl, but i do think mayweather is a good boxer. and i was bored. so... this eventuated. i can't find many other tributes to floyd, actually ^^

_________________
you are not your job. you're not how much money you have in the bank. you are not the car you drive. you are not the contents of your wallet. and you're not your khakis or your iPhone 5.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:32 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:43 am
Posts: 8352
Location: Patch Of Heaven
that's cool melinda :toast:

_________________
"An earthly dog of the carriage breed;
Who, having failed of the modern speed,
Now asked asylum and I was stirred
To be the one so dog preferred."
- Robert Frost


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:28 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:43 pm
Posts: 1844
Location: JMM-Land / PBF-Land
i love floyd... he is boxing god...

_________________
I AM A TAMODERATOR


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:50 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:59 am
Posts: 2073
Hi Melinda. Thanks for being 100% Pac girl. But dont you think we shld go for Geurrero since Mayday has ducked Packy for the longest time? Maybe we will see a Pac-Guerrero fight if he wins. What do you think?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:52 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:03 am
Posts: 2641
i agree, melinda. Please continue sharing your thoughts in boxing.... :)
...and thanks for sharing your video..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:29 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:36 pm
Posts: 1427
Location: The Garden State of the Art
Way to Go, Melinda :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:03 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 am
Posts: 1813
fuego wrote:
i love floyd... he is boxing god...



as in love ..hahaha
gay alert! :heart: :shake:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:46 am 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:47 am
Posts: 540
Location: Summer Alberta/Winter California
Tribute...here's one, suits your sig. :peace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI8fFrSKVPM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:47 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 am
Posts: 1813
melinda wrote:
anyway, so floyd's fight is coming up on the 4th.

i was originally going to do a tribute using this song ('bad reputation') to faith lehane, but i shelved that for the time being cos it's going to be a lot... of work. and i thought about floyd's upcoming fight and thought 'you know, that song would probably suit him too'.

i think i would rather see floyd win than geurrero)

http://youtu.be/CoLPu9dw3Aw

i mean, i am totally a 100% pacquiao girl, but i do think mayweather is a good boxer. and i was bored. so... this eventuated. i can't find many other tributes to floyd, actually ^^



A Video dedicated to Floyd!



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:50 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:01 pm
Posts: 790
Location: australia
nonongsanmateo wrote:
Hi Melinda. Thanks for being 100% Pac girl. But dont you think we shld go for Geurrero since Mayday has ducked Packy for the longest time? Maybe we will see a Pac-Guerrero fight if he wins. What do you think?


hmmm. hadn't thought of that - pac vs guerrero...

and yes, there was a time (ok up until about a day ago) when i was totally jonesing to see floyd get beaten - by... well, actually anyone would have done (the mailman or whatever).

but then someone told me floyd's actually a really nice guy in person. that his public image is not really an accurate portrayal of his character. and so... upon reflection (or perhaps the decision to go to the bookies on saturday), i do think that strict blood testing should be done in boxing. it can be a dangerous sport :)

_________________
you are not your job. you're not how much money you have in the bank. you are not the car you drive. you are not the contents of your wallet. and you're not your khakis or your iPhone 5.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:25 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:01 pm
Posts: 790
Location: australia
MoneyPack wrote:
Tribute...here's one, suits your sig. :peace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI8fFrSKVPM


you know? that was the main thing i didn't like about floyd. always going on about money this and money that. and also? i follow him on twitter and one day he posted a photo of his (wait for it) gucci slippers... kind of those slip on ones. i hardly knew where to begin.

but then i thought well... just because i'd be happy living in a log cabin as long as long as it had water, that doesn't mean i should dislike someone specifically because money is important to them.

also, i'm probably biased cos my father had this thing about money. i thought that was all he cared about. it used to upset me. i wouldn't see him for six months and then the only question he'd ask is 'how's your finances?' - not 'are you happy' or ask me about my friends or my life or anything. having any sort of personal relationship with my father was like trying to get blood out of a stone. i chased after him for years trying to build some sort of closeness.

and i only thought about this recently, but i guess if i wanted him to accept me for what i am (ie a real pain in the neck), i thought that i should have accepted him for what he was (ie a very practical person) instead of always trying to get inside his head and figure him out.

but yeah, i might not understand someone's fixation with money, but i should be a little more relaxed and not be so judgemental about it. or sort of, i don't know, lose respect for someone if they're materialistic. unless they've inherited it, people who are wealthy have earned it and have worked really hard for it. so what if they're not running with only a rag on their back like ghandi and philosophising about the meaning of life? so yeah, i've chilled a bit in that regard :D

_________________
you are not your job. you're not how much money you have in the bank. you are not the car you drive. you are not the contents of your wallet. and you're not your khakis or your iPhone 5.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:35 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:43 am
Posts: 8352
Location: Patch Of Heaven
hi melinda, floyd vs guerrero is just around the corner.. will floyd put a boxing clinic on guerrero? or guerrero will go for broke and beat the arse of floyd?
what's your take?

_________________
"An earthly dog of the carriage breed;
Who, having failed of the modern speed,
Now asked asylum and I was stirred
To be the one so dog preferred."
- Robert Frost


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:28 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:01 pm
Posts: 790
Location: australia
Blitzky22 wrote:
hi melinda, floyd vs guerrero is just around the corner.. will floyd put a boxing clinic on guerrero? or guerrero will go for broke and beat the arse of floyd?
what's your take?


i don't know enough about guerrero to say. i'd never even heard of him until recently, actually.

i do think floyd is a very good boxer and his trainer (his father or uncle?) is very good. roger mayweather trained laila ali and did a very good job at it (although i must admit that i am a bit of an ann wolfe girl).

i'd have to look at guerrero's other fights on youtube. what do you think of him (guerrero)? but i'm putting my money on floyd so i guess that's my gut feeling, that floyd will win. cos i really don't do bets and stuff. but i just thought hey, it will make the fight more interesting for me. someone told me guerrero's at 7-1 over here at the moment ^^

_________________
you are not your job. you're not how much money you have in the bank. you are not the car you drive. you are not the contents of your wallet. and you're not your khakis or your iPhone 5.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:35 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:59 am
Posts: 2073
melinda wrote:
nonongsanmateo wrote:
Hi Melinda. Thanks for being 100% Pac girl. But dont you think we shld go for Geurrero since Mayday has ducked Packy for the longest time? Maybe we will see a Pac-Guerrero fight if he wins. What do you think?


hmmm. hadn't thought of that - pac vs guerrero...

and yes, there was a time (ok up until about a day ago) when i was totally jonesing to see floyd get beaten - by... well, actually anyone would have done (the mailman or whatever).

but then someone told me floyd's actually a really nice guy in person. that his public image is not really an accurate portrayal of his character. and so... upon reflection (or perhaps the decision to go to the bookies on saturday), i do think that strict blood testing should be done in boxing. it can be a dangerous sport :)


Hi Mel (feeling close na:)), you mentioned "but then someone told me floyd's actually a really nice guy in person. that his public image is not really an accurate portrayal of his character". I must warn you its quite dangerous to believe in a person because someone told you. You will know a person by its fruits. Did Floyd have a happy married life? Did he beat his wife? Did he point a gun to his wife in front of his children? does he disrespect his Father? Did he duck Pacquiao? Was Floyd a convicted felon?....These are questions which will make you realize the kinda stuff Floyd is made of.
You're a beautiful woman, if you see Floyd in a bar and flirts with you, think twice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:41 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:55 am
Posts: 685
nonongsanmateo wrote:
melinda wrote:
nonongsanmateo wrote:
Hi Melinda. Thanks for being 100% Pac girl. But dont you think we shld go for Geurrero since Mayday has ducked Packy for the longest time? Maybe we will see a Pac-Guerrero fight if he wins. What do you think?


hmmm. hadn't thought of that - pac vs guerrero...

and yes, there was a time (ok up until about a day ago) when i was totally jonesing to see floyd get beaten - by... well, actually anyone would have done (the mailman or whatever).

but then someone told me floyd's actually a really nice guy in person. that his public image is not really an accurate portrayal of his character. and so... upon reflection (or perhaps the decision to go to the bookies on saturday), i do think that strict blood testing should be done in boxing. it can be a dangerous sport :)


Hi Mel (feeling close na:)), you mentioned "but then someone told me floyd's actually a really nice guy in person. that his public image is not really an accurate portrayal of his character". I must warn you its quite dangerous to believe in a person because someone told you. You will know a person by its fruits. Did Floyd have a happy married life? Did he beat his wife? Did he point a gun to his wife in front of his children? does he disrespect his Father? Did he duck Pacquiao? Was Floyd a convicted felon?....These are questions which will make you realize the kinda stuff Floyd is made of.
You're a beautiful woman, if you see Floyd in a bar and flirts with you, think twice.


Cock-blocking. I don't think Floyd can counter and parry that with the shoulder roll :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group