Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:58 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:59 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:05 am
Posts: 2238
Why these guys running away with the champ:

Quote:
Bradley:
We offered Bradley $6 million. And on top of the Bradley offer, we told him that we’ll fight 12 rounds for a different title. He can keep his title, his WBO title. We’ll fight for the ‘People’s champ’ title. - Koncz

http://hustleboss.com/michael-koncz-reveals-how-many-millions-juan-manuel-marquez-and-tim-bradley-turned-down-in-deciding-not-to-face-pacquiao/


why???

Quote:
Marquez:
Look, that a fifth fight wouldn’t make sense – well, it’s just like that. It still doesn’t make sense. To me, it wouldn’t be a challenge, and I need challenges.

I would like to close my career in good standing and leave a legacy behind me. I want everyone to remember me for having faced the best fighters out there. So to me this is an important challenge, a difficult challenge, a tough challenge. But I always have the mindset that anything can be achieved. - Marquez

http://www.mb.com.ph/article.php?aid=9179&sid=5&subid=30


and why???

Quote:
Mayweather:
Yes. He did duck the fight. That’s $100 million and he just left it.

It's more of him saying who I have to fight. At this point, it's more him sorting out who's the perfect opponent than him fighting the toughest fighter to fight.

He concentrates on how much someone else is getting paid opposed to how much he is actually getting paid. He sees himself in a space that nobody else sees himself in, and that he's so high on top of it that he shouldn't actually give some of the other great fighters at this point. - 50 Cents

http://global.christianpost.com/news/50-cent-talks-floyd-mayweather-ducking-manny-pacquiao-91048/#wv2Eu6iqL2xuxI1E.99


and why o why???

_________________
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be. Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:39 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:09 am
Posts: 1710
Manny Pookyaw wrote:
Why these guys running away with the champ:

Quote:
Bradley:
We offered Bradley $6 million. And on top of the Bradley offer, we told him that we’ll fight 12 rounds for a different title. He can keep his title, his WBO title. We’ll fight for the ‘People’s champ’ title. - Koncz

http://hustleboss.com/michael-koncz-reveals-how-many-millions-juan-manuel-marquez-and-tim-bradley-turned-down-in-deciding-not-to-face-pacquiao/


why???

Quote:
Marquez:
Look, that a fifth fight wouldn’t make sense – well, it’s just like that. It still doesn’t make sense. To me, it wouldn’t be a challenge, and I need challenges.

I would like to close my career in good standing and leave a legacy behind me. I want everyone to remember me for having faced the best fighters out there. So to me this is an important challenge, a difficult challenge, a tough challenge. But I always have the mindset that anything can be achieved. - Marquez

http://www.mb.com.ph/article.php?aid=9179&sid=5&subid=30


and why???

Quote:
Mayweather:
Yes. He did duck the fight. That’s $100 million and he just left it.

It's more of him saying who I have to fight. At this point, it's more him sorting out who's the perfect opponent than him fighting the toughest fighter to fight.

He concentrates on how much someone else is getting paid opposed to how much he is actually getting paid. He sees himself in a space that nobody else sees himself in, and that he's so high on top of it that he shouldn't actually give some of the other great fighters at this point. - 50 Cents

http://global.christianpost.com/news/50-cent-talks-floyd-mayweather-ducking-manny-pacquiao-91048/#wv2Eu6iqL2xuxI1E.99


and why o why???


mayweather:
pacquiao turned DOWN $40 MILLION

marquez:
pacquiao FAILS to put up $20 MILLION to make the fight

bradley:
he chooses to fight marquez.......... marquez is NOT arums puppet and wants bradley......
so marquez v bradley it is..........

why ask why????????
this is ALL in the news.......... :? :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:35 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:51 pm
Posts: 311
Its all part of arums master plan. Winner of Marquez vs. Bradley goes on to fight pacquaio. Doesnt matter who pacquaio fights next, cause whoever it is will just be a walk in the park for Manny, whilst still generating huge revenue...

Now whoever wins the Marquez/Bradley fight will demand a higher purse, but that shouldn't matter because pacquaio vs. Bradley 2 or Marquez 5 will be super hyped up.

Now if may weather loses tomorrow... We might have a chance of seeing a PAC/may weather fight after all... But that's a lot of ifs....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:39 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 am
Posts: 1849
Marquez = No way...what if I lose...I'll retire soon?

Bradley = What If i lose...nobody will fight me again?

Mayweather = What if i lose too... no more fans? no more big fights?


Pacman = I lost already..I dont care...I'll eat you all! :verymad:


Conclusion: FEAR of LOSING!
:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:43 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:21 pm
Posts: 1303
Lapu2x wrote:
Marquez = No way...what if I lose...I'll retire soon?

Bradley = What If i lose...nobody will fight me again?

Mayweather = What if i lose too... no more fans? no more big fights?


Pacman = I lost already..I dont care...I'll eat you all! :verymad:


Conclusion: FEAR of LOSING!
:smoke:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now who's the most dangerous...?

_________________
╟── ░▒▓█ The most important and precious moment in your life is "NOW"... this very moment... Not the past and certainly not the future... █▓▒░ ──╢


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:52 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:11 pm
Posts: 4988
PacMan should not fight anyone of them no matter who would win. He has Rios and Alvarado to fight respectively then fight the winner of Broner vs Malignaggi then retire.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:56 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:11 pm
Posts: 4988
last fight for a belt and just forget about Marquez or Bradley. Marquez and his association with Memo will be remembered as most possible PED User at 39 y/o and Bradley was part of the sting the gamblers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:15 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:43 am
Posts: 10566
Location: Patch Of Heaven
Arum is genius.... that's the TOURNEY he was saying!

_________________
"An earthly dog of the carriage breed;
Who, having failed of the modern speed,
Now asked asylum and I was stirred
To be the one so dog preferred."
- Robert Frost


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:24 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:51 pm
Posts: 311
Thunder_knuckles wrote:
last fight for a belt and just forget about Marquez or Bradley. Marquez and his association with Memo will be remembered as most possible PED User at 39 y/o and Bradley was part of the sting the gamblers.


LOL thats the last thing manny pacquiao wants. he said in interviews years ago, before the margorito fight, that he has already achieved his goals in boxing. he isn't like marquez who is in NEED of another title. manny simply doesn't need any more titles, his legacy is already set in stone.. he even offered bradley to fight for the "peoples champ" status, which means that bradley woulda kept his belt even if he lost to pac.. and bradley still turned it town and fought marquez instead..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:27 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:05 am
Posts: 2238
against the grain wrote:
mayweather:
pacquiao turned DOWN $40 MILLION, offering that $$$ without ppv, is a classic way to avoid the champ. :D

marquez:
pacquiao FAILS to put up $20 MILLION to make the fight. asking that $$$ because of that lucky punch, does it worth? :D

bradley:
he chooses to fight marquez.......... marquez is NOT arums puppet and wants bradley......
so marquez v bradley it is.......... with a controversial decision! with a good offer just prove to the world that he is better than the champ, turning it down is no brainer. :D

why ask why????????
this is ALL in the news.......... :? :?


atg no offense brother but you remind me of the old morse machine. :D

Image

_________________
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be. Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:33 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:40 am
Posts: 1191
Location: States United
Lapu2x wrote:
Marquez = No way...what if I lose...I'll retire soon?

Bradley = What If i lose...nobody will fight me again?

Mayweather = What if i lose too... no more fans? no more big fights?


Pacman = I lost already..I dont care...I'll eat you all! :verymad:


Conclusion: FEAR of LOSING!
:smoke:


Pacman: Put me to sleep in Macau. Let's do it!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:00 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:09 am
Posts: 1710
Manny Pookyaw wrote:
against the grain wrote:
mayweather:
pacquiao turned DOWN $40 MILLION, offering that $$$ without ppv, is a classic way to avoid the champ. :D

marquez:
pacquiao FAILS to put up $20 MILLION to make the fight. asking that $$$ because of that lucky punch, does it worth? :D

bradley:
he chooses to fight marquez.......... marquez is NOT arums puppet and wants bradley......
so marquez v bradley it is.......... with a controversial decision! with a good offer just prove to the world that he is better than the champ, turning it down is no brainer. :D

why ask why????????
this is ALL in the news.......... :? :?


atg no offense brother but you remind me of the old morse machine. :D

Image


............. why?????????????????


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:35 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:05 am
Posts: 2238
against the grain wrote:
atg no offense brother but you remind me of the old morse machine. :D

Image


............. why?????????????????[/quote]

r......e......a......l.......l......y.....! :lol:

_________________
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be. Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group