Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:23 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: marquez lost my respect
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:08 am 
Lightweight

For years I've been watching him and he was my 2nd favourite fighter after pacman but after his excuses of not wanting to fight pacman I thought that he is not a real warrior. Bradley is more challenging than pacman after pacman broke his nose and for the first time he was actually backpedaling before that memo punch. He is really a scared dude not a real warrior. Your thoughts paclanders?

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:46 am 
Cruiserweight

He is STUPID.

wanted to sell perfection."

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:50 am 
Cruiserweight

democrat wrote:
For years I've been watching him and he was my 2nd favourite fighter after pacman but after his excuses of not wanting to fight pacman I thought that he is not a real warrior. Bradley is more challenging than pacman after pacman broke his nose and for the first time he was actually backpedaling before that memo punch. He is really a scared dude not a real warrior. Your thoughts paclanders?

Sad to hear that but did you know that it took several years and fights in between their 4 bouts? Manny, as many fans here defended, justified his actions to not immediately rematch Marquez because he was on a legacy and bigger opportunity quest. After their controversial rematch, Manny challenged paper champ David Diaz for his 4th title. He could have fought Marquez instead but he didn't. Marquez was very much willing to move up to 135 pounds to deal with Manny but his plea fell on deaf ears. Problem with us, when it's Marquez stalling and demanding more than he deserves, we get annoyed so easily. But if it's Manny playing hardball and doing the roundaround, we support him for doing the right thing.

Marquez choice in fighting Bradley is more legit than Manny picking David Diaz over the other. He's fighting the other boxer who officially defeated Manny. An undefeated boxer who might not bring Marquez more money but Bradley sure does have the belt that would him the 1st Mexican to capture 5 titles. For that, Marquez earns my respect. He didn't succumb to temptations dangled to him by Arum. He refused to be a puppet. It may not be a wise move in a financial sense but he can fight Manny again anytime he wants anyway. And if he beats Bradley, his reputation will grow bigger. That will earn him more leverage to negotiate for the fifth bout with Manny.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:51 am 
Light Heavyweight

KUDOS to marquez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he has ALWAYS shown to be his own MAN........... NOT a puppet like pacquiao..........

pacquiao was NOT truthful in saying he wanted the 5th fight with marquez............. if marquez wanted $20M for the 5th and pac only offered $13M, he was NO where near being serious to wanting to make the fight a reality........

pac was simply WAY OFF target........... he did his crying ACT JOB in front of tv cameras and CLAIMED he wanted to avenge his KTFO......... but he was NOT sincere about it..........

marquez has essentially told pacquiao to F@CK OFF......... for making a JOKE of an offer (in marquez's view)...........

arum the genius??????????? putting together a MASTER plan????????? LOL, yea RIGHT............. LOL...
the MASTER plan, it appears, was to F@CK pacquiao........ LOL...... NO AVENGING THE KTFO...............

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:57 am 
Cruiserweight

against the grain wrote:

he has ALWAYS shown to be his own MAN........... NOT a puppet like pacquiao..........

pacquiao was NOT truthful in saying he wanted the 5th fight with marquez............. if marquez wanted $20M for the 5th and pac only offered $13M, he was NO where near being serious to wanting to make the fight a reality........

pac was simply WAY OFF target........... he did his crying ACT JOB in front of tv cameras and CLAIMED he wanted to avenge his KTFO......... but he was NOT sincere about it..........

marquez has essentially told pacquiao to F@CK OFF......... for making a JOKE of an offer (in marquez's view)...........

arum the genius??????????? putting together a MASTER plan????????? LOL, yea RIGHT............. LOL...
the MASTER plan, it appears, was to F@CK pacquiao........ LOL...... NO AVENGING THE KTFO...............

Sounds off.
He should win against Bradley, to get another ticket for Pac's sweepstakes :D

wanted to sell perfection."

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:05 pm 
Light Heavyweight

BlackEagle wrote:
against the grain wrote:

Sounds off.

IF and only IF pac pays up.......... $20M or NO FIGHT..........
maybe MORE with a title......... pac doesn't win on this point to make the fight......... he HAS to pay up.......... marquez DEMANDS it..............
or NO FIGHT........ LOL....

question is.... is pacquiao sincere in wanting to make the 5th fight???????????? i don't think so......

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:16 pm 
Cruiserweight

against the grain wrote:
BlackEagle wrote:
against the grain wrote:

Sounds off.

IF and only IF pac pays up.......... $20M or NO FIGHT..........
maybe MORE with a title......... pac doesn't win on this point to make the fight......... he HAS to pay up.......... marquez DEMANDS it..............

On a positive note, an immediate fight with Marquez after that cold-blooded knockout is bad for Manny. The happening of Marquez vs. Bradley is in fact doing him a favor. Boxers who got knocked out like that didn't recover easily. To many, it was actually a rapid downhill and decline from there. Manny needs a much easier bout and opponent to regain his physical and mental edge. He has to prove that the knockout has no ill effects on his form. I don't expect him to be in better shape after the campaign and election. And this is perhaps his longest hiatus since. The less time an aging fighter spends off the ring, the more vulnerable he becomes.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:18 pm 
Cruiserweight

Marquez's theme song: "FEELINGS"

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:23 pm 
Heavyweight

Run Marquez Runnnnnn!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2-MCPa_3rU

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:49 pm 
Cruiserweight

Another ploy to entice big demand. Its up to Arum and Manny if they can be lured by this bait.

Nobody in this world would not want millions of money.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:55 pm 
Welterweight

Must suck being a bunch of sore losers. Now you all get to watch poor Pac get KTFO by Alvarado.. and then accuse him of using PEDs, too. Meanwhile, after Marquez KO's Bradley, he'll retire to his nice, comfortable porch, laughing his arse off while downing cervezas.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:11 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Marquez deserves the KO against PAC no matter how you look at it.

Scared, dumb or not willing to fight because he earned it. Savor the best for last.

Pac has to move on.

Wait a minute, there's supposed to be a rematch clause between them?

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:30 pm 
Light Heavyweight

All I can say to his legacy is that he has the luckiest one hulk punch KO in boxing's history...

Good luck recreating that with Bradley... Aside from training with Memo for his super strength Hulkamania, he should get some training tips from Usain Bolt to be able to chase Bradley on the sprinting contest... Because if you cannot catch him you cannot win... I don't think Bradley will be stupid enough to fight Marquez the way he fought Provodnikov, with that Hulk strength of his? Bradley would say "ah-ahh no way hoe-sey..." :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:45 pm 
Lightweight

Marquez just never learned...JMM v Bradley will just be a repeat of JMM v Chris John...at his age, he should be gunning for more retirement money...Neither JMM or Bradley are PPV caliber attractions...I can almost guarantee their fight on PPV will be horrendous financially...When Pacman played a WAITING Game for their Rematch 2 and 3, they were both young and they have time to waste...But at the age of 39...C'mon you guys...eventually even Heredia will not be a factor in JMM's performance in the ring...GET REAL!!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:46 pm 
Cruiserweight

he probably doesn't give a damn.. :)