Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:12 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:06 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 am
Posts: 2245
Floydie vs. Guerrero

Only one can have this after the fight and most likely it will be Floydie.

Because Floydie is a defensive boxer, His nose is already broken, and his shoulder roll is vulnerable to the natural left handers. This fight is a different story one year ago the speed already diminished now the fight is even.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:17 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:27 pm
Posts: 508
gin03 wrote:
Floydie vs. Guerrero

Only one can have this after the fight and most likely it will be Floydie.

Because Floydie is a defensive boxer, His nose is already broken, and his shoulder roll is vulnerable to the natural left handers. This fight is a different story one year ago the speed already diminished now the fight is even.


Many have tried and none succeeded.. and I don't think Robert "Ghost" Guerrero is the fighter
who can give Floyd Mayweather the beating he deserves. I can even see a KO happening, and it might just be
Guerrero on the receiving end.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:43 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 6089
Location: Baltigo
kamaong_pinoy wrote:
gin03 wrote:
Floydie vs. Guerrero

Only one can have this after the fight and most likely it will be Floydie.

Because Floydie is a defensive boxer, His nose is already broken, and his shoulder roll is vulnerable to the natural left handers. This fight is a different story one year ago the speed already diminished now the fight is even.


Many have tried and none succeeded.. and I don't think Robert "Ghost" Guerrero is the fighter
who can give Floyd Mayweather the beating he deserves. I can even see a KO happening, and it might just be
Guerrero on the receiving end.


Agree... :)

_________________
thedarkdragon11 > "Amateur Xylocaine" Floyd Mayweather Jr. (AXF)

AXF ducked: Hamed, Morales, Harris, Tszyu, Margarito, Williams, Wright, Cintron, Pacquiao, Martinez, Trout, Golovkin, Lara, BOOKS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:45 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 18871
Location: Paradise
If the Ghost can take KFC's early shots and still get on his face all night, he might win a close D.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:55 pm 
Offline
Featherweight

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:42 am
Posts: 91
CBS/Showtime invested great amount of money to Mayweather. Buisness point of view, Guerero is a sacrifial opponent to make Maywewther look good for future fights.

Guerero will have his moments but after awhile Mayweather will shine.

There's so much money at stakes at Mayweather that CBS/Showtime will make sure he does not loose.

On the bright side, Boxing is getting some mainstream attention agsin.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:59 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:37 pm
Posts: 1562
Guerrero needs to step on early, because Floyd can easily adapt at any situation.

It was evident in his last fight with Cotto, even he gets cornered, he can still evade those punches.

_________________
When you are scientifically literate, the world looks different to you
Neil deGrasse Tyson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:49 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 am
Posts: 2245
PacNow wrote:
CBS/Showtime invested great amount of money to Mayweather. Buisness point of view, Guerero is a sacrifial opponent to make Maywewther look good for future fights.

Guerero will have his moments but after awhile Mayweather will shine.

There's so much money at stakes at Mayweather that CBS/Showtime will make sure he does not loose.

On the bright side, Boxing is getting some mainstream attention agsin.


It was Floydie who made the cherry picking this time he made the mistake, he don't know the Ghost so he included the rematch clause and called his father. It should be Berto the easiest fight but he was pressured and runs out of time because of the 30months contract. I'm pretty sure showtime will not interfere with the results because they can see the Pacquiao match if Floydie fails.

I will not talk about the skills now Mayweather will do the wait and don't have the skills to attack, Once Guerrero is ahead of the score he will do the running and uses only the jab which will be very effective.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:58 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:21 pm
Posts: 1273
I doubt Floyd will come out of this fight bloodied... :)

_________________
╟── ░▒▓█ The most important and precious moment in your life is "NOW"... this very moment... Not the past and certainly not the future... █▓▒░ ──╢


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:59 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:55 pm
Posts: 781
this fight is already fixed, pbf wins by unanimous decision is guerrero fails to knock him out. showtime will protect their investment on floyd. boxing is like politics, it's corrupt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:34 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 am
Posts: 2245
richard1eye wrote:
this fight is already fixed, pbf wins by unanimous decision is guerrero fails to knock him out. showtime will protect their investment on floyd. boxing is like politics, it's corrupt.


That's for sure but it looks like Floydie is the one being use now, so nobody knows.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:41 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 am
Posts: 1846
richard1eye wrote:
this fight is already fixed, pbf wins by unanimous decision is guerrero fails to knock him out. showtime will protect their investment on floyd. boxing is like politics, it's corrupt.



Guerrero must win convincingly or must KO Floyd or else we'll have a robbery again..


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group