Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:01 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:01 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 am
Posts: 397
Pure hype.

The fight between Mayweather and Guerrero put to sleep most of the boxing fans around the world including this writer.

With electricity out of the window, it was all pure hit and run for Mayweather and the slow footed Guerrero unable to unload his power shots.

To put the matter worst for Guerrero, the black referee favored Mayweather when it comes to clinches as he was lightning fast in breaking the two fighters from holding.

True to his words, Mayweather proved that he is the greatest cherry-picker in the world.

Honestly, Mayweather always knocks me out on my sofa whenever I watch him fight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:07 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:54 pm
Posts: 292
It's TRUE. but what like one Showtime commentator have said, MAYWEATHER may not be the world's most exciting fighter, but he's definitely one of the ALL-TIME BEST boxers.

_________________
I hate people who claim themselves "boxing analysts/experts", when in fact none of them have ever boxed in the ring. So to all the boxing critiques out there: JUST SHUT UP!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:28 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:06 pm
Posts: 7043
Location: Here There & Everywhere
astr0b0y_CrushSiElla wrote:
It's TRUE. but what like one Showtime commentator have said, MAYWEATHER may not be the world's most exciting fighter, but he's definitely one of the ALL-TIME BEST boxers.


I'll be convinced if he fought pac a long time ago.

_________________
Aah! Mamma Mia!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:40 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:57 am
Posts: 3313
Location: New World
maybe he should fight pacquiao next. wonder why he's still not doing it despite his strong chances of beating him now :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:44 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:58 pm
Posts: 2775
Location: Konohagakure
Wrong title IMHO... It should have been Mayweather vs Guerrero KO's Pachuggers and sabong fans... :)

it was a great display of skills from Mayweather... as much as I wanted Guerrero to win, Mayweather was simply
too skilled and quick for him... he never showed any ring rust...

_________________
Being a non-retard Pacfan in Pacland is like being sober among ridiculously drunk people...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:46 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:21 pm
Posts: 1208
I can't believe Mayweather looked so good against Guerrero in that fight...

Its like as if Guerrero was on total lockdown and its only Mayweather doing all the show...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
╟── ░▒▓█ The most important and precious moment in your life is "NOW"... this very moment... Not the past and certainly not the future... █▓▒░ ──╢


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:50 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 4719
Location: Baltigo
BaksingPan wrote:
I can't believe Mayweather looked so good against Guerrero in that fight...

Its like as if Guerrero was on total lockdown and its only Mayweather doing all the show...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Because Guerrero is not an elite... Mayweather looking good against Guerrero is just an illusion that he's a very good fighter... Remember who is Mayweather's opponent really is...

_________________
thedarkdragon11 - more superior and better than "Amateur Xylocaine" Floyd Mayweather Jr.

AXF ducked: Hamed, Morales, Tszyu, Margarito, Williams, Wright, Cintron, Pacquiao, Martinez, Trout, Golovkin, Lara, BOOKS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:35 pm
Posts: 588
10cc wrote:
astr0b0y_CrushSiElla wrote:
It's TRUE. but what like one Showtime commentator have said, MAYWEATHER may not be the world's most exciting fighter, but he's definitely one of the ALL-TIME BEST boxers.


I'll be convinced if he fought pac a long time ago.



Now Floyd doesn't even want a piece of Canelo! :lol:

_________________
It's just a game. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.--Manny Pacquiao


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:51 pm
Posts: 288
as i expected, money may beats yet another fighter too slow for him. just watching the ghost's previous fights u could tell his speed was no match for mayweather..

i wish mayweather will fight someone with hand speed and footwork even comparable to him, but of course he's not stupid. he picks fighters he KNOWS he will beat. guerrero being too slow of course he knew the whole time lol.

now pac isn't as fast as he once was, but i still think it would be a sick fight against mayweather. he'd do a hell of a lot better than robert guererro thats for sure lol


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:54 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 4719
Location: Baltigo
jjbclife wrote:
as i expected, money may beats yet another fighter too slow for him. just watching the ghost's previous fights u could tell his speed was no match for mayweather..

i wish mayweather will fight someone with hand speed and footwork even comparable to him, but of course he's not stupid. he picks fighters he KNOWS he will beat. guerrero being too slow of course he knew the whole time lol.

now pac isn't as fast as he once was, but i still think it would be a sick fight against mayweather. he'd do a hell of a lot better than robert guererro thats for sure lol


Agree...

_________________
thedarkdragon11 - more superior and better than "Amateur Xylocaine" Floyd Mayweather Jr.

AXF ducked: Hamed, Morales, Tszyu, Margarito, Williams, Wright, Cintron, Pacquiao, Martinez, Trout, Golovkin, Lara, BOOKS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:55 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:41 pm
Posts: 938
Location: US
sinced his fight with mosley, floyd will be unbeatable on all his next fights. alvarez and pacquiao must agree on his term and it will be easy to beat them both or else....no fight. the only way for floyd to lose is not to watch him on ppv and with no money on his pocket, he cannot dictate the terms of the fight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:57 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:35 pm
Posts: 588
thedarkdragon11 wrote:
BaksingPan wrote:
I can't believe Mayweather looked so good against Guerrero in that fight...

Its like as if Guerrero was on total lockdown and its only Mayweather doing all the show...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Because Guerrero is not an elite... Mayweather looking good against Guerrero is just an illusion that he's a very good fighter... Remember who is Mayweather's opponent really is...



Look at floyd's fight againts Castillo and Oscar. He should've loss those 2 fights! :o 8)

_________________
It's just a game. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.--Manny Pacquiao


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:58 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:46 pm
Posts: 13393
Location: acapulco
this is the only website where freeloaders usually ask for their money's worth after a fight :biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:01 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 4719
Location: Baltigo
el critico wrote:
this is the only website where freeloaders usually ask for their money's worth after a fight :biglaugh:


Agree... :lol: :lol: :lol:

They payed for it... Even though they know what they are paying for...

_________________
thedarkdragon11 - more superior and better than "Amateur Xylocaine" Floyd Mayweather Jr.

AXF ducked: Hamed, Morales, Tszyu, Margarito, Williams, Wright, Cintron, Pacquiao, Martinez, Trout, Golovkin, Lara, BOOKS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:08 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:34 pm
Posts: 1013
Location: cavite
just watch WWE i think much more exciting to watch.Just read in the internet the result.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group