Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:01 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:01 pm 
Welterweight

Pure hype.

The fight between Mayweather and Guerrero put to sleep most of the boxing fans around the world including this writer.

With electricity out of the window, it was all pure hit and run for Mayweather and the slow footed Guerrero unable to unload his power shots.

To put the matter worst for Guerrero, the black referee favored Mayweather when it comes to clinches as he was lightning fast in breaking the two fighters from holding.

True to his words, Mayweather proved that he is the greatest cherry-picker in the world.

Honestly, Mayweather always knocks me out on my sofa whenever I watch him fight.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:07 pm 
Welterweight

It's TRUE. but what like one Showtime commentator have said, MAYWEATHER may not be the world's most exciting fighter, but he's definitely one of the ALL-TIME BEST boxers.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:28 pm 
Heavyweight

astr0b0y_CrushSiElla wrote:
It's TRUE. but what like one Showtime commentator have said, MAYWEATHER may not be the world's most exciting fighter, but he's definitely one of the ALL-TIME BEST boxers.

I'll be convinced if he fought pac a long time ago.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:40 pm 
Cruiserweight

maybe he should fight pacquiao next. wonder why he's still not doing it despite his strong chances of beating him now :?

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:44 pm 
Cruiserweight

Wrong title IMHO... It should have been Mayweather vs Guerrero KO's Pachuggers and sabong fans... :)

it was a great display of skills from Mayweather... as much as I wanted Guerrero to win, Mayweather was simply
too skilled and quick for him... he never showed any ring rust...

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:46 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I can't believe Mayweather looked so good against Guerrero in that fight...

Its like as if Guerrero was on total lockdown and its only Mayweather doing all the show...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:50 pm 
Heavyweight

BaksingPan wrote:

Its like as if Guerrero was on total lockdown and its only Mayweather doing all the show...

Because Guerrero is not an elite... Mayweather looking good against Guerrero is just an illusion that he's a very good fighter... Remember who is Mayweather's opponent really is...

AXF ducked: Hamed, Morales, Tszyu, Margarito, Williams, Wright, Cintron, Pacquiao, Martinez, Trout, Golovkin, Lara, BOOKS

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm 
Middleweight

10cc wrote:
astr0b0y_CrushSiElla wrote:

I'll be convinced if he fought pac a long time ago.

Now Floyd doesn't even want a piece of Canelo! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm 
Welterweight

as i expected, money may beats yet another fighter too slow for him. just watching the ghost's previous fights u could tell his speed was no match for mayweather..

i wish mayweather will fight someone with hand speed and footwork even comparable to him, but of course he's not stupid. he picks fighters he KNOWS he will beat. guerrero being too slow of course he knew the whole time lol.

now pac isn't as fast as he once was, but i still think it would be a sick fight against mayweather. he'd do a hell of a lot better than robert guererro thats for sure lol

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:54 pm 
Heavyweight

jjbclife wrote:
as i expected, money may beats yet another fighter too slow for him. just watching the ghost's previous fights u could tell his speed was no match for mayweather..

i wish mayweather will fight someone with hand speed and footwork even comparable to him, but of course he's not stupid. he picks fighters he KNOWS he will beat. guerrero being too slow of course he knew the whole time lol.

now pac isn't as fast as he once was, but i still think it would be a sick fight against mayweather. he'd do a hell of a lot better than robert guererro thats for sure lol

Agree...

AXF ducked: Hamed, Morales, Tszyu, Margarito, Williams, Wright, Cintron, Pacquiao, Martinez, Trout, Golovkin, Lara, BOOKS

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:55 pm 
Middleweight

sinced his fight with mosley, floyd will be unbeatable on all his next fights. alvarez and pacquiao must agree on his term and it will be easy to beat them both or else....no fight. the only way for floyd to lose is not to watch him on ppv and with no money on his pocket, he cannot dictate the terms of the fight.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:57 pm 
Middleweight

thedarkdragon11 wrote:
BaksingPan wrote:

Because Guerrero is not an elite... Mayweather looking good against Guerrero is just an illusion that he's a very good fighter... Remember who is Mayweather's opponent really is...

Look at floyd's fight againts Castillo and Oscar. He should've loss those 2 fights! :o 8)

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:58 pm 
Heavyweight

this is the only website where freeloaders usually ask for their money's worth after a fight :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:01 pm 
Heavyweight

el critico wrote:
this is the only website where freeloaders usually ask for their money's worth after a fight :biglaugh:

Agree... :lol: :lol: :lol:

They payed for it... Even though they know what they are paying for...

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:08 pm 
Light Heavyweight

just watch WWE i think much more exciting to watch.Just read in the internet the result.