Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:18 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:45 pm 
Welterweight

MAYWEATHER IS A BORING BOXER:

These are the words of Don Donatello (boxing writer) before the Mayweather – Guerrero fight:

I’ll tell you exactly how the fight will transpire here so you can save your money and keep it in your wallet.

Floyd Mayweather keeps his distance and circles with pot shots. Robert Guerrero gets Mayweather against the ropes, Mayweather covers up, leans back and shoulder rolls, the round ends. Repeat this for 12 rounds. There you go, that’s it. Boring. Now you’re out of your hard earned cash, sorry, no refunds.

Welterweight

This system will still apply in Mayweather’s last 5 fights.

Welterweight

He will pick an inferior opponent, sell the fight as if it’s going to be a bullfight, then use the ring as his stage for dancing and pot shotting.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:08 pm 
Middleweight

The most boring-highest paid boxer...! Until people stop watching his fight, he will continue to cherry pick low risk, high reward fighters . 8) :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:00 pm 
Heavyweight

TS is right. it is more enjoyable watching this one >>> Image

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:17 pm 
Middleweight

TS your IQ in boxing is very poor let me tell you mayweather boxing style is a true art of boxing he use his mine and incredible reflexes of one of a kind.
MAG UFC knalang or
WWE para ma satisfy ka!

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:28 pm 
Heavyweight

BOLDYAK wrote:

These are the words of Don Donatello (boxing writer) before the Mayweather – Guerrero fight:

I’ll tell you exactly how the fight will transpire here so you can save your money and keep it in your wallet.

Floyd Mayweather keeps his distance and circles with pot shots. Robert Guerrero gets Mayweather against the ropes, Mayweather covers up, leans back and shoulder rolls, the round ends. Repeat this for 12 rounds. There you go, that’s it. Boring. Now you’re out of your hard earned cash, sorry, no refunds.

SMART WRITTER . HE NAILED IT

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:48 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Pacquiao is also a boring boxer. When he got knocked out cold, there's no more fights for him and his name wasn't even mention anymore in the boxing conversation.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:23 pm 
Light Heavyweight

A fighter with boring style not worthy of a ppv attraction. Yes he is good but he doesn't fight people who can give him good challenge. I will never be a believer not until he fights the likes of Canelo or Pacquiao. If he fights Canelo and beat him in any way..even by running, Floydie will be the top pound for pound for me and I will join the Floydiots' bandwagon. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:02 pm 
Light Heavyweight

BOLDYAK wrote:

hahaha! :lol: Rinse and Repeat!
sounds like Mayweather have exploited the sweet spot on boxing ring!

Naalala ko tuloy game na "Contra". You place your character on a sweet spot then nobody
can hit you! :shock:

up up down down left right left right b a start --fight! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:19 pm 
Featherweight

The real truth is Fraud Floyd will never fight anyone who can beat him. From Margarito, Cotto on he's prime,now Canelo, Martines, Ward and the man he's ducking for three years, The great Manny Pacquiao. Now Marquez is the one ducking the fifth fight. There all afraid of their health. Cowards to the end.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:54 pm 
Strawweight

It takes a lot of skill and talent to make the fight boring at your will and to your advantage..
For a few, including me, I see mayweather as an artist doing a masterpiece during that fight.
Guerrero failed to make adjustments as what he had promised to do during the lead up to the fight. Its his fault that the fight turned out that way because of his failure to adjust . he was doing the same predictable punch combinations over and over again even if its not effective. For sure he was the aggressive one but was it effective? Throwing combinations hitting nothing but air was more boring to watch than than what mayweather did.
As moneymay said, its the skills that pay the bills. What's more exciting than that?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:15 am 
Heavyweight

BOLDYAK wrote:

In short, American boxing fans are stupid.