Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:59 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:55 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:24 am
Posts: 1865
For me, this is the most boring and dragging fight of Mayweather.
He is highly gifted and technical boxer, no doubt about that. But in doing so he is less exciting to watch too.
People just come to see him lose.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing--fa ... 31636.html

_________________
Pag Gusto May Paraan, Pag Ayaw May Dahilan!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:13 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:55 am
Posts: 698
People never learn that Floyd simply fights for himself. He'll continue to duck fighters who pose even a slight threat to that 0. :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:33 pm 
Offline
Featherweight

Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 11:22 pm
Posts: 63
I was in Pechanga Casino watching the fight free for the public, your right! People are booing!! For me, Guerero has no chance of beating Floyd Haymon team. If they can stage a real for Floyd, that zero record is long gone. I believe that Floyd's career is being sheltered by choosing inferior opponents by Al Haymon. Im not impress with he's record.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:53 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:48 am
Posts: 3453
A Condition of Allowing Floyd Mayweather to make you an Instant Millionaire over night, you have to go along with the Script which is ensuring that Floyd's hand is raised after the fight is over.

It is what it is!

Question is how many suckers will keep shelling out $$$$ for his PPV Fixed events? :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:20 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:45 am
Posts: 3472
i was one of the people inside booooooing, lol! what a freaking boring fight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:09 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:08 pm
Posts: 6337
Location: dumaguete
And American sports media are all praises for Floyd. And they wonder why Paclanders dishes out Floyd's antics. So who's the fool?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:50 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:55 am
Posts: 698
Some so-called "experts" in here love to ride Floyd's nuts for his skills and say how only "real" boxing fans can appreciate his talent. One thing's for sure, if you work hard for your money and decide to spend it on entertainment, then you would expect and not hope to be ENTERTAINED. People who claim they enjoyed watching that sparring session are simply lying to themselves. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am definitely one of those people who appreciate Floyd's skills, but for $60, I'd rather wait for the replay. :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:14 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:23 am
Posts: 1642
no.1fan wrote:
And American sports media are all praises for Floyd. And they wonder why Paclanders dishes out Floyd's antics. So who's the fool?


because the sport is called boxing not brawling, don't be surprised if some people actually box.
sports media in general (not just american) are praising floyd for his boxing skills, not for being exciting or whatever.
people already know what they're in for in a floyd fight, so don't expect much action.

_________________
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:43 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 am
Posts: 1847
LAUGHINGMAN wrote:
no.1fan wrote:
And American sports media are all praises for Floyd. And they wonder why Paclanders dishes out Floyd's antics. So who's the fool?


because the sport is called boxing not brawling, don't be surprised if some people actually box.
sports media in general (not just american) are praising floyd for his boxing skills, not for being exciting or whatever.
people already know what they're in for in a floyd fight, so don't expect much action.



You're Wrong...people wanna see Floyd live and beaten...How would you explain those people who walked out?

People are shifting to MMA because some boxers like Floyd,Bradley and Rigo...exploited the weakness of boxing rules! You can win on points or gifted by the judges..even you keep running the whole fight!

Those boring/defensive boxers ABUSE that loophole!
Gone are the days of Ali..and Tyson...These cowards rule boxing w/o fighting!


and by the way Americans?? hahaha...No comment!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:50 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:23 am
Posts: 1642
Lapu2x wrote:
You're Wrong...people wanna see Floyd live and beaten...How would you explain those people who walked out?

People are shifting to MMA because some boxers like Floyd,Bradley and Rigo...exploited the weakness of boxing rules! You can win on points or gifted by the judges..even you keep running the whole fight!

Those boring/defensive boxers ABUSE that loophole!
Gone are the days of Ali..and Tyson...These cowards rule boxing w/o fighting!


and by the way Americans?? hahaha...No comment!


i'm wrong? lol
ok look at my post line by line and tell me which of it is wrong?

so winning on points is a weakness of boxing rules? wtf lol
and what loophole are you talking about?

you're a little crazy you know.

and what do you mean by this? "and by the way Americans?? hahaha...No comment!" it seems like you're having a different conversation with another person

_________________
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:03 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 am
Posts: 1847
LAUGHINGMAN wrote:
Lapu2x wrote:
You're Wrong...people wanna see Floyd live and beaten...How would you explain those people who walked out?

People are shifting to MMA because some boxers like Floyd,Bradley and Rigo...exploited the weakness of boxing rules! You can win on points or gifted by the judges..even you keep running the whole fight!

Those boring/defensive boxers ABUSE that loophole!
Gone are the days of Ali..and Tyson...These cowards rule boxing w/o fighting!


and by the way Americans?? hahaha...No comment!


i'm wrong? lol
ok look at my post line by line and tell me which of it is wrong?

so winning on points is a weakness of boxing rules? wtf lol
and what loophole are you talking about?

you're a little crazy you know.

and what do you mean by this? "and by the way Americans?? hahaha...No comment!" it seems like you're having a different conversation with another person




you're username says it all...

Bro this is pro-bxing not olympics...People wanna watch a real fight...not a technical sweet science..
use yer head bro!

anyway....i found a historical fact that said....defensive boxers are losers in the end..

wikipedia:
"An example of a style matchup was the historical fight of Julio César Chávez, a swarmer or in-fighter, against Meldrick Taylor, the boxer or out-fighter (see Chavez versus Taylor). The match was nicknamed "Thunder Meets Lightning" as an allusion to tremendous punching power of Chávez and blinding speed of Taylor. Chávez was the epitome of the "Mexican" style of boxing. He relentlessly stalked and closed in on the other fighter, ignoring whatever punishment he took for the chance to dish out his own at close range, particularly in the form of a crunching body attack that would either wear down his opponents until they collapsed in pain and exhaustion, or became too tired to defend as Chávez shifted his attack to the head and went for a knockout. During the fight, Taylor's brilliant hand and foot speed and boxing abilities gave him the early advantage, allowing him to begin building a large lead on points, but in the end, Chavez's punishment wore down Taylor and knocked him down with a tremendous right hand in the last round."

Floyd know this..that's why he chooses SLOW fighters


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:11 am 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:41 pm
Posts: 948
Location: US
stop blaming floyd performances, thats the way he is. if you feel like an ***** wasting your money and believing his hype, where in the world you keep watching him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:12 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 18881
Location: Paradise
Lapu2x wrote:
LAUGHINGMAN wrote:
Lapu2x wrote:
You're Wrong...people wanna see Floyd live and beaten...How would you explain those people who walked out?

People are shifting to MMA because some boxers like Floyd,Bradley and Rigo...exploited the weakness of boxing rules! You can win on points or gifted by the judges..even you keep running the whole fight!

Those boring/defensive boxers ABUSE that loophole!
Gone are the days of Ali..and Tyson...These cowards rule boxing w/o fighting!


and by the way Americans?? hahaha...No comment!


i'm wrong? lol
ok look at my post line by line and tell me which of it is wrong?

so winning on points is a weakness of boxing rules? wtf lol
and what loophole are you talking about?

you're a little crazy you know.

and what do you mean by this? "and by the way Americans?? hahaha...No comment!" it seems like you're having a different conversation with another person




you're username says it all...

Bro this is pro-bxing not olympics...People wanna watch a real fight...not a technical sweet science..
use yer head bro!

anyway....i found a historical fact that said....defensive boxers are losers in the end..

wikipedia:
"An example of a style matchup was the historical fight of Julio César Chávez, a swarmer or in-fighter, against Meldrick Taylor, the boxer or out-fighter (see Chavez versus Taylor). The match was nicknamed "Thunder Meets Lightning" as an allusion to tremendous punching power of Chávez and blinding speed of Taylor. Chávez was the epitome of the "Mexican" style of boxing. He relentlessly stalked and closed in on the other fighter, ignoring whatever punishment he took for the chance to dish out his own at close range, particularly in the form of a crunching body attack that would either wear down his opponents until they collapsed in pain and exhaustion, or became too tired to defend as Chávez shifted his attack to the head and went for a knockout. During the fight, Taylor's brilliant hand and foot speed and boxing abilities gave him the early advantage, allowing him to begin building a large lead on points, but in the end, Chavez's punishment wore down Taylor and knocked him down with a tremendous right hand in the last round."

Floyd know this..that's why he chooses SLOW fighters

Meldrick Taylor was ahead in that fight and had he ran out the 12th round, he would have won.
Problem was, Duva told MT to go after JCC b/c they thought he was behind.
JCC's speed and ring-cutting ability are vastly underrated. Don't forget his murderous body punching.
WHO TODAY comes close to that ?
There are only 12-rounds in today's title fights,
I say Floidy lasts the 12 rounds against any welter now.

The only two welters who I think would have had a great shot at beating Floidy was Vernon Forrest and Williams. Maybe Margarito too. They had the size and power to really get on Floidy.
Anyone who is shorter, zero chance I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:16 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:23 am
Posts: 1642
Lapu2x wrote:
LAUGHINGMAN wrote:
Lapu2x wrote:
You're Wrong...people wanna see Floyd live and beaten...How would you explain those people who walked out?

People are shifting to MMA because some boxers like Floyd,Bradley and Rigo...exploited the weakness of boxing rules! You can win on points or gifted by the judges..even you keep running the whole fight!

Those boring/defensive boxers ABUSE that loophole!
Gone are the days of Ali..and Tyson...These cowards rule boxing w/o fighting!


and by the way Americans?? hahaha...No comment!


i'm wrong? lol
ok look at my post line by line and tell me which of it is wrong?

so winning on points is a weakness of boxing rules? wtf lol
and what loophole are you talking about?

you're a little crazy you know.

and what do you mean by this? "and by the way Americans?? hahaha...No comment!" it seems like you're having a different conversation with another person




you're username says it all...

Bro this is pro-bxing not olympics...People wanna watch a real fight...not a technical sweet science..
use yer head bro!

anyway....i found a historical fact that said....defensive boxers are losers in the end..

wikipedia:
"An example of a style matchup was the historical fight of Julio César Chávez, a swarmer or in-fighter, against Meldrick Taylor, the boxer or out-fighter (see Chavez versus Taylor). The match was nicknamed "Thunder Meets Lightning" as an allusion to tremendous punching power of Chávez and blinding speed of Taylor. Chávez was the epitome of the "Mexican" style of boxing. He relentlessly stalked and closed in on the other fighter, ignoring whatever punishment he took for the chance to dish out his own at close range, particularly in the form of a crunching body attack that would either wear down his opponents until they collapsed in pain and exhaustion, or became too tired to defend as Chávez shifted his attack to the head and went for a knockout. During the fight, Taylor's brilliant hand and foot speed and boxing abilities gave him the early advantage, allowing him to begin building a large lead on points, but in the end, Chavez's punishment wore down Taylor and knocked him down with a tremendous right hand in the last round."

Floyd know this..that's why he chooses SLOW fighters


again what the hell are you talking about?
it's not even remotely connected to my statements.
you're the one who isnt using your head. smh

i'll state this again how are these statements wrong?

1.because the sport is called boxing not brawling, don't be surprised if some people actually box.
i said that because the sport is called boxing people shouldn't be surprised if there are thos who practice boxing in boxing fights.

2.sports media in general (not just american) are praising floyd for his boxing skills, not for being exciting or whatever.
as you can read it says sports media. not fans.

3.people already know what they're in for in a floyd fight, so don't expect much action.
how can this be wrong, if you're watching a floyd fight you should expect a fight like the last one, you don't expect him to be mike tyson like all of a sudden.


and again with you saying winning by points in boxing is an exploitation of the boxing rules? wtf
boring fighters are abusing a loophole? again wtf

_________________
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:43 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 am
Posts: 1847
LAUGHINGMAN wrote:

again what the hell are you talking about?
it's not even remotely connected to my statements.
you're the one who isnt using your head. smh

i'll state this again how are these statements wrong?

1.because the sport is called boxing not brawling, don't be surprised if some people actually box.
i said that because the sport is called boxing people shouldn't be surprised if there are thos who practice boxing in boxing fights.

- Yes..but people pay for action....its not shown for free..so they expect entertainment not snoozefest!

2.sports media in general (not just american) are praising floyd for his boxing skills, not for being exciting or whatever.
as you can read it says sports media. not fans.

- Of course Floyd deserves to be praised coz he won...but like I said... deserving but not exciting!

3.people already know what they're in for in a floyd fight, so don't expect much action.
how can this be wrong, if you're watching a floyd fight you should expect a fight like the last one, you don't expect him to be mike tyson like all of a sudden.

- People watch and hope for Guerrero to win also....and Floyd to engage toe to toe.. They expect some action. Don't blame them if they are booing... No further explanation needed!
and only a fool would expect and assume that the whole audience are boxers,trainers or hard core sweet science fanatics...


and again with you saying winning by points in boxing is an exploitation of the boxing rules? wtf
boring fighters are abusing a loophole? again wtf

- WTF!... simple analogy you cant understand? loophole means... a way out to win!
Floyd is getting old...he is now avoiding to engage than before...due to his "health"
fear..
.



Lastly I laugh at Americans...why? they protected Floyd...
So expect more boring fights... the BOOOOOOOS explain everything! why are you complaining?
Its real they Booo your idol! sorry bro !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group