Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:27 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:40 pm 
Heavyweight

SCHAEFER had interrupted the interview of Matthysse by saying

"we have the new MANNY PACQUIAO in Argentina!"

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:01 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Schaeffer is a big fan of pacquiao since the latter destroyed his boss delahoya.schaeffer knows excitement in the ring when he sees one.with the way mayweather and guerero turned out to be a snoozefest,golden boy needs a brawler like matthysse that can bring excitement to the game.if the entire argentina support matthysse like the filipinos supported pacquiao,it will be huge for their promotion.matthysse is the real deal.he might be the one to defeat mayweather if al haymon permit this to happen.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:04 pm 
Light Heavyweight

rex david wrote:
Schaeffer is a big fan of pacquiao since the latter destroyed his boss delahoya.schaeffer knows excitement in the ring when he sees one.with the way mayweather and guerero turned out to be a snoozefest,golden boy needs a brawler like matthysse that can bring excitement to the game.if the entire argentina support matthysse like the filipinos supported pacquiao,it will be huge for their promotion.matthysse is the real deal.he might be the one to defeat mayweather if al haymon permit this to happen.

Nice analysis...

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:09 pm 
Heavyweight

ha ha ha!

it looks like that boxing today seems to be boring. . . . .

ayaw nila (GOLDEN BOY PROMO) kasing i-convince si floyd na

tanggapin na ang hamon ni manny. nagparaya na nga.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:12 pm 
Light Heavyweight

be_still wrote:
SCHAEFER had interrupted the interview of Matthysse by saying

"we have the new MANNY PACQUIAO in Argentina!"

Schaefer needs to brand his boxers as exciting fighter like Pacquiao to attract fans and in the same way add PPV buys.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:12 pm 
Heavyweight

Btw, no OSDT in tonight's GBP card.
Pederson needed more PED.

Lucas looked really strong.
I think he would have KO'd Garcia and Pac. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:16 pm 
Light Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:

Mattysse is scary,i second the motion that!

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:34 pm 
Flyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:

GArcia vs Mattysse would be great!!! but do you think Angel Garcia will allow his son to fight Mattysse?? :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:20 pm 
Lightweight

even though pac got K.O he remains to be the face of Boxing..that's why marquez and duckweather are jealous..

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:45 pm 
Light Heavyweight

They are over-hyping Lucas KO on Peterson by using Pacquiao's name.
But if you watch the fight closely you will notice that the punches that put Peterson down were not that solid.
It's more of Peterson's deficiency rather than Matthysse's efficiency. They drew Peterson as a good fighter but he's not.
I don't discredit Lucas' KO win though, he's a really an exciting fighter compared to many runners there.
The real test for Lucas is against Danny Garcia; banger vs banger and this will determine the new boxing attraction.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:25 am 
Light Heavyweight

Slip of the tongue...comes from the heart!

Schaefer was just too ecstatic to the bones...that finally..somebody is
qualified to save boxing like Pacquiao...

In short...he is a Pacfan also!
Thanks Schaefer! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:43 am 
Featherweight

Pols71 wrote:
rex david wrote:

Nice analysis...

Anyone who didn't appreciate the masterpiece mayweather painted at the age of 36 against guerrero doesn't appreciate the true essence of boxing , picture yourself in a fight , I picture myself trying to avoid the other mans blows while landing my own, that's exactly what mayweather does, he does what most can only imagine, I don't think anyone pictures themselves in a fight getting punched in the face before they return the favor.
I'm not saying I don't appreciate a good slugfest such as manny and rios are sure to provide , I just think both styles should get there just do. I realize the casual boxing fan just wants to see blood, guts and fearless exchanges but real boxing fans should appreciate both brawling styles and the style mayweather brings which skills wise is the most difficult to pull off and boy oh boy does he do it perfectly.
And Matthysse is too wild to beat mayweather , outside of him land a lucky punch for ko, he would have 0 chance of removing mayweathers 0 , and chances of him landing that lucky shot aren't very good.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:20 am 
Middleweight

JoeyInCali wrote:

At this point in his career he really is dangerous... No wonder he is considered one of the most avoided fighter... :)

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:23 am 
Heavyweight

Mike1234 wrote:
Anyone who didn't appreciate the masterpiece mayweather painted at the age of 36 against guerrero doesn't appreciate the true essence of boxing , picture yourself in a fight , I picture myself trying to avoid the other mans blows while landing my own, that's exactly what mayweather does, he does what most can only imagine, I don't think anyone pictures themselves in a fight getting punched in the face before they return the favor.
I'm not saying I don't appreciate a good slugfest such as manny and rios are sure to provide , I just think both styles should get there just do. I realize the casual boxing fan just wants to see blood, guts and fearless exchanges but real boxing fans should appreciate both brawling styles and the style mayweather brings which skills wise is the most difficult to pull off and boy oh boy does he do it perfectly.
And Matthysse is too wild to beat mayweather , outside of him land a lucky punch for ko, he would have 0 chance of removing mayweathers 0 , and chances of him landing that lucky shot aren't very good.

Nah. Hit and don't get hit is good. And that is recognized in Mayweather's game. It's the hit and hold or run that is not appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:41 am 
Middleweight

barakongbaog wrote:
They are over-hyping Lucas KO on Peterson by using Pacquiao's name.
But if you watch the fight closely you will notice that the punches that put Peterson down were not that solid.
It's more of Peterson's deficiency rather than Matthysse's efficiency. They drew Peterson as a good fighter but he's not.
I don't discredit Lucas' KO win though, he's a really an exciting fighter compared to many runners there.
The real test for Lucas is against Danny Garcia; banger vs banger and this will determine the new boxing attraction.

that's how dangerous the guy is: knocking down opponents with not so solid shots (as per your opinion). 34 wins and 32 KO's. WOW :shock: