Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:44 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:13 am 
Welterweight

Like what I've said before in the past, as long as it's an ORTHODOX opponent.. it will be EASY AS PIE, a WALK IN THE PARK, or whatever adjectives you may call relating to easiness for the MASTER BOXER mayweather.

Because of Floyd's Shoulder Roll, he can easily block Canelo's attacks because of this.. and we all know pretty well that one of Floyd's strengths when fighting an ORTHODOX fighter is that he is DIFFICULT TO HIT. he is a diificult target.

So to all assh#@! there, stop dreaming that Canelo will stand a chance against floyd come september. because he is an orthodox.

I truly believe that, Southpaw fighters have the better chance to beat floyd, coz Floyd becomes the aggressor.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:46 am 
Heavyweight

boyoboy, canelo needs a lucky punch.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:54 am 
Welterweight

dominic wrote:
boyoboy, canelo needs a lucky punch.

Oh yeah, that too, is Canelo's chance to win that fight.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:57 am 
Welterweight

unless floyd engages in a dog fight (no defense, or running), he can get knocked out.. for obvious reasons that canelo is bigger and hits harder than floyd. It's just this simple fact that Skill-wise and experience-wise, Floyd is the better man.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:01 pm 
Heavyweight

can you post here their physical measurements as your basis that canelo is bigger than floyd? the only item i know is that floyd has longer reach

Never argue with stup1d people here with lots of usernames mga iyaking "bob team members" mga yan. This is their Job, this is their turf and they will drag you down to their level of stup1dity just to instigate and increase responses.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:03 pm 
Welterweight

IGOROT wrote:
can you post here their physical measurements as your basis that canelo is bigger than floyd? the only item i know is that floyd has longer reach

No need. im pretty sure everyone here in pacland knows that Canelo is way bigger than Floyd.. their weight classes will tell you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:05 pm 
Heavyweight

astr0b0y_CrushSiElla wrote:
IGOROT wrote:

No need. im pretty sure everyone here in pacland knows that Canelo is way bigger than Floyd.. their weight classes will tell you.

that is weight not built. i think they are dead even, people will be surprised that come fight night, they will both see that canelo is not bigger contrary to how they sold the fight to the public

Never argue with stup1d people here with lots of usernames mga iyaking "bob team members" mga yan. This is their Job, this is their turf and they will drag you down to their level of stup1dity just to instigate and increase responses.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:07 pm 
Heavyweight

Only fools will believe that Canelo can beat Mayweather... :)

AXF ducked: Hamed, Morales, Harris, Tszyu, Margarito, Williams, Wright, Cintron, Pacquiao, Martinez, Trout, Golovkin, Lara, BOOKS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:09 pm 
Welterweight

IGOROT wrote:
IGOROT wrote:

that is weight not built. i think they are dead even, people will be surprised that come fight night, they will both see that canelo is not bigger contrary to how they sold the fight to the public

I couldn't agree with you more.. we've seen this before.. it;s not the size but the skill level that matters. perfect example is Pac-Margarito fight.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:10 pm 
Welterweight

thedarkdragon11 wrote:

I agree with you. but the problem is. majority of boxing fans and aficionados belong to that category.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:15 pm 
Heavyweight

if we speak of talent and strategy:
the skill level and strategy will be the deciding factor here. floyd by a mile is far better than canelo in terms of speed, experience and dirty-tactics. canelo's only chance to win is the "puncher's chance" or some would call lucky punch because of his brute strength.

but if we speak of business strategy:
floyd already ensured he will win, otherwise, he would not have agreed to fight canelo in an even playing field as canelo's puncher's chance is dangerous because of his brute strength.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:19 pm 
Heavyweight

physical facts:

height: floyd is 5-8, canelo is 5-9 no significant impact in a boxing match

reach: floyd is 72, canelo is 70.5 with significant advantage for floyd in a boxing match.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:20 pm 
Welterweight

IGOROT wrote:
if we speak of talent and strategy:
the skill level and strategy will be the deciding factor here. floyd by a mile is far better than canelo in terms of speed, experience and dirty-tactics. canelo's only chance to win is the "puncher's chance" or some would call lucky punch because of his brute strength.

but if we speak of business strategy:
floyd already ensured he will win, otherwise, he would not have agreed to fight canelo in an even playing field as canelo's puncher's chance is dangerous because of his brute strength.

oh yeah, and one thing, Floyd agreed to take this fight not just because he's sure of winning this, but because it's for the sake of the sport of boxing.. in all fairness to Floyd.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:22 pm 
Welterweight

IGOROT wrote:
physical facts:

height: floyd is 5-8, canelo is 5-9 no significant impact in a boxing match

reach: floyd is 72, canelo is 70.5 with significant advantage for floyd in a boxing match.

So I guess what separates Canelo from Floyd now is that He is only heavier. So it means he still is the harder-puncher of the two.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:24 pm 
Heavyweight

thedarkdragon11 wrote:

I agree with you. but the problem is. majority of boxing fans and aficionados belong to that category.

Psychologically speaking, that is because of their hope of having a "chosen one" aside from Pacquiao to beat Mayweather...

AXF ducked: Hamed, Morales, Harris, Tszyu, Margarito, Williams, Wright, Cintron, Pacquiao, Martinez, Trout, Golovkin, Lara, BOOKS