Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:18 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:29 pm 
Welterweight

I wonder how soft Zou's punches are. It's seems like it's feather light.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:31 pm 
Welterweight

If i wanted to watch soft punches, amateurs is always there. I feel like even Boom boom can take his punches on a 12 rounder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:34 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Shiming is a fraud!!! lol....pinoys can take comfort atleast we are better than chinese

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:44 pm 
Welterweight

Arum would make so much money from Zou in the beginning but Zou will not make it too far. I guess now is the time to milk him.

Even if he is gold in olympics, i don't see anything special in him in the pros. Except that China backs him and thinks he can carry Chinese boxing. Zou will get slaughtered soon by some slugger.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:45 pm 
Welterweight

PadreDamaso wrote:
Shiming is a fraud!!! lol....pinoys can take comfort atleast we are better than chinese

LOL..Chinese boxing hasn't started their "up and coming" yet..they're at the "spark" stage..i see potential though..yah I do agree..Shimming is a fraud but he is the money man in that division..and I think the man that deserves to be paid in that division is my boy Choco..he's paid his dues...Shimming vs. Gonzales..BRING IT ON!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:51 pm 
Heavyweight

PadreDamaso wrote:

He's been overhyped by Arum and his minions in the boxing media since he turned professional, Sorry coach Roach but no matter what you say I can't see Shiming going far in professional boxing specially if he fights a decent fighter with a decent set of skills and KO power. 8)

- Statement of President Noynoy Aquino on appointing Boy Abunda in his cabinet.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:22 am 
Light Heavyweight

Just give him time... It was just his 2nd pro fight. He came from a discipline where agility and speed is more important than power.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:23 am 
Heavyweight

gwaputaya wrote:
Just give him time... It was just his 2nd pro fight. He came from a discipline where agility and speed is more important than power.

Considering his age, he doesn't have the luxury of time. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:34 am 
Heavyweight

Uncle Bod needs Shiming to make inroads into the Chinese boxing
audience. Shiming is a local boy he needs to get China's audience
in the glue.

Shiming's punching power is irrelevant here. What is important is
that he has a local following. All these is preparatory to the fight
on November 24 and other future fights. Uncle Bob sees boxing's
popularity will further increase by the number of "exciting" fights
successively staged. It's momentum carries it forward--or so it is
perceived.

Shiming is not the end; he is just the beginning. Pretty soon, other
Chinese boxers will make their mark--better than their predecessor.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:43 am 
Welterweight

ako_barok wrote:
Uncle Bod needs Shiming to make inroads into the Chinese boxing
audience. Shiming is a local boy he needs to get China's audience
in the glue.

Shiming's punching power is irrelevant here. What is important is
that he has a local following. All these is preparatory to the fight
on November 24 and other future fights. Uncle Bob sees boxing's
popularity will further increase by the number of "exciting" fights
successively staged. It's momentum carries it forward--or so it is
perceived.

Shiming is not the end; he is just the beginning. Pretty soon, other
Chinese boxers will make their mark--better than their predecessor.

great post..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:29 am 
Cruiserweight

Boxing has been in existence in the Philippines since the American occupation. But Filipino boxers
still lags behind the Mexicans by a long mile. The Americans and Mexicans plus other Latin Americans
will reign in the sport of boxing for the next decades. The Chinese haven't started yet but the first
dip in the pool didn't produce a spark after watching the first high-profile Chinese prof. boxer Zhou
Shiming. I don't think we will see the Chinese dominate this sport in our lifetime.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:09 am 
Heavyweight

Pacwan wrote:
Boxing has been in existence in the Philippines since the American occupation. But Filipino boxers
still lags behind the Mexicans by a long mile. The Americans and Mexicans plus other Latin Americans
will reign in the sport of boxing for the next decades. The Chinese haven't started yet but the first
dip in the pool didn't produce a spark after watching the first high-profile Chinese prof. boxer Zhou
Shiming. I don't think we will see the Chinese dominate this sport in our lifetime.

Good post bro! 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:26 am 
Cruiserweight

fil79 wrote:
Pacwan wrote:

Good post bro! 8)

Thanks bro Fil. This is the reason why the US or Las Vegas will remain the Mecca of boxing, not
China, not Macau. I've read somewhere that Bob Arum has some investments in Macau, specifically
in the hotel business and his friend is a major stockholder of Wynns hotel. The tax issue is just a smokescreen.
Poor Manny, he is being used again by a shrewd businessman.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:41 am 
Heavyweight

Pacwan wrote:
fil79 wrote:
Pacwan wrote:

Good post bro! 8)

Thanks bro Fil. This is the reason why the US or Las Vegas will remain the Mecca of boxing, not
China, not Macau. I've read somewhere that Bob Arum has some investments in Macau, specifically
in the hotel business and his friend is a major stockholder of Wynns hotel. The tax issue is just a smokescreen.
Poor Manny, he is being used again by a shrewd businessman.

Yeah I don't know about Manny, is he just content to get his paycheck even though he's being milked by Arum to death ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:31 pm 
Welterweight

Pacwan wrote:

depends on how old you are atm, i think. That is, if you are talking about your own lifetime. The Chinese are well known to outpace anyone. So it is best not to count them out yet.