Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:07 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 76  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:51 pm 
Heavyweight

CompuBox stats showed that Pacquiao landed 182 out of 573 punches thrown (32%), whilst Horn landed only 92 of 625 thrown (15%).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:53 pm 
Heavyweight

James Harden started growing his trademark beard in 2009 after being too lazy to shave.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:01 pm 
Heavyweight

On August 3, 2015, the sports apparel company, Adidas, submitted an endorsement deal to James Harden worth $200 million over the next 13 years.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:04 pm 
Heavyweight

In the 2006 season, Roger Federer won 12 singles titles (the most of any player since John McEnroe in 1984) and had a match record of 92–5 (the most wins sinceIvan Lendl in 1982). Federer reached the finals in an astounding 16 of the 17 tournaments he entered during the season.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:08 pm 
Heavyweight

Rod Laver's 200 singles titles are the most in tennis history. This included his all-time men's record of 10 or more titles per year for seven consecutive years (1964–70). He excelled on all of the court surfaces of his time: grass, clay, hard, carpet, and wood/parquet.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:13 pm 
Heavyweight

Rod Laver is the only player to twice achieve the calendar-year Grand Slam, in 1962 and 1969, and the latter remains the only time a man has done so in the Open Era. He also won eight Pro Slam titles, including the "pro Grand Slam" in 1967, and he contributed to five Davis Cup titles for Australia during an age when Davis Cup was deemed as significant as the Grand Slams.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:23 am 
Heavyweight

In 2000 and 2001 Shane Mosley was named the best fighter in the world by The Ring, pound for pound.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:06 am 
Heavyweight

Frederick Steven "Freddie" Roach is an American boxing trainer and former boxer. He is the enduring boxing coach of the eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao, five-time and four-division World Champion Miguel Cotto, former WBC Middleweight Champion Julio César Chávez, Jr., Defensive Master and three-time world champion James Toney, former UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre, as well as top prospects Jose Benavidez, Peter Quillin, and Vanes Martirosyan. Roach was the trainer of former two-time world champion and notable women's champion Lucia Rijker. He has also trained former junior welterweight champion Amir Khan.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:16 am 
Heavyweight

The most likely first option is a rematch with Manny Pacquiao where Horn would be guaranteed at least $2 million, a fight likely to be moved from Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium due to potential weather issues around the time of promoter Bob Arum’s preferred slots of November or December. If Pacquiao agrees to the fight, it would be switched to either Sydney or Melbourne, with the latter city boasting the Etihad Stadium, a giant indoor arena where Ronda Rousey lost her UFC title to Holly Holm in late 2015

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:18 am 
Heavyweight

Freddie Roach was trained by his father Paul Roach at a young age along with his brothers Joey and Pepper. 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:09 am 
Heavyweight

Roach turned pro in 1978, fighting as alightweight and won his first 10 bouts. Roach trained under legendary trainer Eddie Futchand went 26–1 before appearing in a historic match at the Boston Garden on June 11, 1982. The card that night was the first of two times that all three Fighting Roach Brothers appeared at the same time. Brothers Joey and Pepper won their undercard bouts but in the main event, Freddie lost a unanimous decision to Rafael Lopez. 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:55 am 
Heavyweight

Rafae Nadal has won 15 Grand Slam singles titles, the 2008 Olympic gold medal in singles, an all-time record of 30 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titles, tied with Novak Djokovic, and 18 ATP World Tour 500 tournaments.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:10 pm 
Heavyweight

After playing in the Philippines in 2011, JaVale McGee, who currently plays Center for Golden State Warriors, loved the Philippine brand of basketball and had showed interest in playing for Gilas 1.0. A bill for his naturalization was filed in 2012 but because he got injured, he failed to play for the Philippines.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:17 pm 
Heavyweight

The Philippine men's basketball team won a bronze medal in the 1954 FIBA World Championship, the best finish by any team outside the Americas and Europe. Also, the team took a fifth-place finish in 1936 Summer Olympics, the best finish by any team outside the Americas, Europe and Oceania. The Philippines has the most wins in the Olympics among teams outside the Americas, Europe and Oceania.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:19 pm 
Heavyweight

The Philippines has won five FIBA Asia Cups(formerly known as the FIBA Asia Championship), four Asian Games men's basketball gold medals, eight SEABA Championships, all but one Southeast Asian Games men's basketball gold medals, and has the most titles in Southeast Asia Basketball Association men's championship, being considered as the powerhouse team inSoutheast Asia and one of Asia's elite basketball teams. The country has also participated in five FIBA World Cups and seven Olympic Basketball Tournaments.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 76  Next