Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:15 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:08 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:12 pm
Posts: 1441
JABEZJ wrote:
Melindo is too small against the Jap...
So it's not surprising if he was schooled..

ALA is a decent boxing gym..No need to blame if not all their produce becomes world champion..
Name other gyms in the Philippines who constantly produces world class boxers..


A-c-t-u-a-l-l-y grandpa Melindo needs to aaaaah retire a-l-s-o. :) Correction: The word "also" should not be used at the end of a sentence. Grandpa Melindo also needs to retire.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:42 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:32 pm
Posts: 5557
FunkyDog wrote:
bakit kaya ang daming criticism sa ALA stable
mukhang inaalagan nila ang mga bata doon mula amatuer at me sarili silang disenteng mga dorm
at pasilidad pag dating sa boxing.


Because for many years they always disappoint us when their hyped up fighters meet better opposition.

Obviously, something is wrong, and it is even more noticeable as their fighters are hyped up well. Hyping up is ALA's expertise.

Now suddenly I hear this fighter Michael Dasmarinas is fighting for an IBO title. Never heard of him, that will not happen when he is from ALA, we will surely know his name.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:55 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:04 pm
Posts: 7680
gritsteel2 wrote:
FunkyDog wrote:
bakit kaya ang daming criticism sa ALA stable
mukhang inaalagan nila ang mga bata doon mula amatuer at me sarili silang disenteng mga dorm
at pasilidad pag dating sa boxing.


Because for many years they always disappoint us when their hyped up fighters meet better opposition.

Obviously, something is wrong, and it is even more noticeable as their fighters are hyped up well. Hyping up is ALA's expertise.

Now suddenly I hear this fighter Michael Dasmarinas is fighting for an IBO title. Never heard of him, that will not happen when he is from ALA, we will surely know his name.


What are your suggestions brad? if you dont mind me asking..

_________________
"It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live. " -Mae Jemison


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:01 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:21 am
Posts: 4104
FunkyDog wrote:
gritsteel2 wrote:
FunkyDog wrote:
bakit kaya ang daming criticism sa ALA stable
mukhang inaalagan nila ang mga bata doon mula amatuer at me sarili silang disenteng mga dorm
at pasilidad pag dating sa boxing.


Because for many years they always disappoint us when their hyped up fighters meet better opposition.

Obviously, something is wrong, and it is even more noticeable as their fighters are hyped up well. Hyping up is ALA's expertise.

Now suddenly I hear this fighter Michael Dasmarinas is fighting for an IBO title. Never heard of him, that will not happen when he is from ALA, we will surely know his name.


What are your suggestions brad? if you dont mind me asking..


Fire Villamor as trainer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:52 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:32 pm
Posts: 5557
Numero uno wrote:
FunkyDog wrote:
What are your suggestions brad? if you dont mind me asking..


Fire Villamor as trainer.


I would not go so far as to fire him, but add new fresh blood to supplement their training program. For example, Sean Gibbons said former Navy boxer Joven Jimenez's training program is underrated, he has done well with Ancajas. Just asking former ALA boy AJ Banal to take it easy in his last fight shows a more mature training perspective. Likewise in saying that they still have to improve Ancajas' defense more.

Rodel Mayol is making roads with Palicte and Duno. These coaches have done it in a shorter time than what ALA has done.

Another suggestion is to get their fighters to fight better opponents, not necessarily expensive big names. Fighters with more impressive resumes, not full of losses. The Japanese fighter paired against Magsayo is a step in the right direction, and should continue. Fighters like those that knocked out the Pagara brothers, those types are good to weed out the weak in their stable, or to help them improve. It's a risk to their Pinoy Pride series business, but at least they will end up with good fighters.

Anyway, it's their business, maybe they are making more money the way they do it as it is.

ALA's gym is nice where their fighters seem to be pampered well, looks very professional, but what we need are gyms that produce champs, even if they look old school.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/04/ ... 149488.jpg


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:14 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:21 am
Posts: 4104
gritsteel2 wrote:
Numero uno wrote:
FunkyDog wrote:
What are your suggestions brad? if you dont mind me asking..


Fire Villamor as trainer.


I would not go so far as to fire him, but add new fresh blood to supplement their training program. For example, Sean Gibbons said former Navy boxer Joven Jimenez's training program is underrated, he has done well with Ancajas. Just asking former ALA boy AJ Banal to take it easy in his last fight shows a more mature training perspective. Likewise in saying that they still have to improve Ancajas' defense more.

Rodel Mayol is making roads with Palicte and Duno. These coaches have done it in a shorter time than what ALA has done.

Another suggestion is to get their fighters to fight better opponents, not necessarily expensive big names. Fighters with more impressive resumes, not full of losses. The Japanese fighter paired against Magsayo is a step in the right direction, and should continue. Fighters like those that knocked out the Pagara brothers, those types are good to weed out the weak in their stable, or to help them improve. It's a risk to their Pinoy Pride series business, but at least they will end up with good fighters.

Anyway, it's their business, maybe they are making more money the way they do it as it is.

ALA's gym is nice where their fighters seem to be pampered well, looks very professional, but what we need are gyms that produce champs, even if they look old school.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/04/ ... 149488.jpg


Need skills, defense and Villamor isn't a slick boxing type of coach.

Magsayo in round 6 on when he was tired didn't even bother to keep his hands up

or slip punches, bob and weave. He just ate Shota rights hands LOL.

He was actually lucky shot Shota doesn't have power.

So that brings me to another point Villamor doesn't know how to produce boxers for 12 rounds.

No slick boxing skills, no defense, no stamina is a recipe for disaster.

Fire Villamor.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:00 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 11433
Location: SERN
If ALA can't hire trainers/coaches of different expertise, they should be more picky when it comes to recruiting boxers... It may be one of the reasons why only Nietes became so successful (he has similar team with other ALA boxers)...

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:43 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:32 pm
Posts: 5557
thedarkdragon11 wrote:
If ALA can't hire trainers/coaches of different expertise, they should be more picky when it comes to recruiting boxers... It may be one of the reasons why only Nietes became so successful (he has similar team with other ALA boxers)...


But if they are asking for the advice of the coach, then it's the same thing ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:50 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:04 pm
Posts: 7680
napanood ko dati gusto idala ng ALA promotion si banal sa Oxnard para i train ni roberto garcia sa RGBA oxnard
tinext ni ala villamor si Roberto Garcia pero inayawan ni roberto garcia dahil napanood nya sumuko sa laban
at nag drama sa laban kay perez at na DQ si perez

_________________
"It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live. " -Mae Jemison


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:53 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:04 pm
Posts: 7680
at kung matatandaan nyo marami ring ala boxers ang nag train under kay freddie roach.
kaya walang kakulangan sa part ng ALA promotion ginawa nila lahat.
ganyan talaga ang boksing minsan natatalo.

_________________
"It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live. " -Mae Jemison


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:59 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:46 pm
Posts: 3705
Location: Piero Pelù
mabuti nga din yan gumagastos ang ALA stable to train and expose local boxers


pero of course, yun mga tulad ni Manny, once-in-several-generations yan, so let us not expect to see another of his kind in the near future, kung magkaroon man ulit ng isang Manny Pacman, e swerte na natin :shock:



ang tulad nga ni Nonito, bihira na din makita ulit, also with Viloria, and Lindol.....just because we were fortunate enough to have witnessed these guys in our lifetime, e yung karamihan sa atin tila taken for granted na yung talent nila is something we can always expect to see, na para bang isa-singko lang......wag ganun, let us recognize how rare these guys are.....

_________________
Litfiba


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:32 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:21 am
Posts: 4104
ALA villamor accepted a fight against Neri a known PED cheat in Mexico.

Accepting a fight against a roided boxer is ridiculous. :shock: :lol:

This gym is not run by the brightest. But some nincompoop. :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:23 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:58 pm
Posts: 737
melindo is not of a world class caliber fighter...accept it as it is...yet still us pinoy is proud to having him become a world champ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:51 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:32 pm
Posts: 5557
Maybe ALA can send one of their boxers to Survival Camp of Joven Jimenez, toughen them up. AJ Banal is there to welcome them :)

It's like this Ernesto Saulong, his manager sends him to Survival Camp. Let's see how this oh-so-slow Saulong fares against his Japanese opponent.

https://www.rappler.com/sports/by-sport ... nges-iwasa


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group