Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:03 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:19 pm 
Lightweight

here's the fight replay VIdeo

http://bit.ly/2s3EAcL

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:32 pm 
Heavyweight

dan44 wrote:
May kabagalan lang si Ancajas,

Mas exciting fighter si Pacquiao ..

Dahil bara bara kung sumontok noon kabataan pa niya. :lol:

It's just Ancajas' style, more of a counterpuncher, but who can apply the pressure if the foe doesn't want to come forward

Pacman's early style was exciting, but he paid a price when he lost to Morales, who just mocked his style. He learned to be better after that ...

Ancajas has power, he used his left to KO the opponent. He really is a right-handed guy who fights in the southpaw style. Pacman wrties with his right hand, but is probably a real lefty.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:56 pm 
Heavyweight

Rungvisai and inoue are too strong for ancajas
parang mga maso ang mga kamay ng mga ito kahit 115 lbs lang.
dapat sobrang liksi si ancajas sa mga ito para hindi tamaan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:04 am 
Light Heavyweight

Bandwagoner here 8) :beer:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:57 am 
Welterweight

Inoue is moving up in weight. Sor Rungvisai is busy fighting on HBO.

Ancajas will likely fight another bum before he fights another champion. Arum will want to bring him up slowly.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:50 am 
Heavyweight

I like his style better than Manny Pacquiao.

Pacquiao is faster but look what Marquez did to that speed.

It's about skills and this kid has it.He has a better jab than Pacquiao.

A better right hook than Pacquiao.

Better timing than Pacquiao.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:17 am 
Heavyweight

When pacquiao was at the same age as jerwin right now, pacquiao was already registering victories one after another over future hall of famers.
comparing ancajas to pacquiao at this point in time is just too much of a hype. If ancajas begins to win dominantly over the likes of Inoue, yafai
or Rungvisai, it will definitely stir the world of boxing into frenzy. I like ancajas but sorry to say that he's nowhere near pacquiaio's caliber the way
I see the comparison.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:07 am 
Heavyweight

Ancajas has a great jab, it is a punishing one. Better defensive skills than Manny but doesn't have Pacquiao's volume when it comes to combinations.

Goes to the body effectively but did not display this quality in last night's fight. Quick hands but not yet as fast as Pacquiao. Doesn't use angles as effectively as Manny.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:22 am 
Heavyweight

I like the way Ancajas the way he is why change it?

Hard jab, nice counters, slick defense (slips punches, bobs and weaves) big right hook.

Why become a fast at times sloppy brawler like Pacquiao?

Be slick and skillful.

Be himself.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:17 am 
Heavyweight

zurilixxx wrote:
NEXT UP: ANCAJAS vs SULTAN

By Dong Secuya
PhilBoxing.com
Sun, 04 Feb 2018

CEBU -- After disposing his game Mexican challenger Israel Gonzalez with an impressive 10th round stoppage Saturday night (Sunday in Manila) in Corpus Christi, Texas, the celebrations of Jerwin Ancajas and his team together with a sizable Filipino boxing fans has yet to die down but Jerwin's next fight is already pregnant with anticipation.

Not since Filipino Hall of Famer Pancho Villa (Francisco Guilledo) defeated Clever Sencio at the Wallace Field in Manila on May 2, 1925 to retain his world flyweight title that two Filipinos fought for a world championship in boxing.

Now 93 years later, that scenario is more than likely going to happen – and soon.

Sultan has become the mandatory challenger of Ancajas after Sultan defeated former IBF junior flyweight and flyweight champion Johnriel Casimero last September in Cebu in an eliminator bout for Ancajas's crown. Ancajas last fought a mandatory challenger on July 2, 2017 against Teiru Kinoshita of Japan. After his victory over Gonzalez Saturday night in Texas, Ancajas is due to fight his mandatory challenger by April 2.

“We have initial discussion with Sean [Gibbons, Ancajas's matchmaker] regarding the Ancajas vs Sultan fight,” ALA Promotions president Michael Aldeguer, Sultan's promoter, told Philboxing. “But of course we have not discussed the details because I know they wanted to focus on Ancajas's fight with Gonzalez.”

Aldeguer, who was very much impressed by Ancajas's performance against Gonzalez, expressed reservation about that fight. “As you know I really don't like the idea of a Filipino vs Filipino fighting for a world title fight. But if we are mandated to do so, then we are going to take it. On the other hand, I think it can also be good for Philipine boxing as a whole because it will show to the world that the Filipinos have arrived in boxing's biggest stage,” Aldeguer said.

Gibbons earlier told Boxingscene Ancajas will be going to fight Sultan next: “We have to do this [Gonzalez] fight and then we have to do our mandatory against Jonas Sultan and then we pick another fight.” And later he told journalist Quinito Henson: “We can pay a $20,000 exception fee for a postponement of the mandatory defense but in five or six months, we’ll have to fight Sultan anyway.”

Ancajas (29-1-1, 20KOs) has the edge in experience over Sultan (14-3-0, 9KOs) and decidedly will be the heavy favorite come fight night. However, it is unwise to write off Sultan completely as he had defeated two former world champions in his last two fights in Johnriel Casimero and Sonny Boy Jaro.

If the fight were to be made, it will likely be on the undercard of the Horn vs Crawford WBO world welterweight title fight on April 21 at the Madison Square Garden in New York where comebacking Filipino boxing legend Manny Pacquiao is also expected to be on the card.

Ancajas vs. Sultan will be an exciting fight.Jerwin will be the favorite but Jonas can pull an upset.

Sultan can take the hard punches as shown in this video & has a powerful combo of punches.
But i think it's not proper to pit these two Filipinos against each other because it might taint the
boxing career of the loser.Let them fight the other champions in their division.
Just my opinion & i could be wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:34 am 
Middleweight

Time to change the nick name from 'THE PRETTY BOy" TO 'THE EL METODICO"

I love his style, he studies his opponent very well, doesn't gamble much, and has those fast and solid jabs that Manny don't have.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:46 am 
Heavyweight

the paradox in boxing

pacman's rival was former "pretty boy"
pacman's protege is also "pretty boy"

:D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:08 pm 
Middleweight

ancajas is like floyd boring but gets the work done, but i like him better than albert pagara that cocky sob

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:44 pm 
Heavyweight

Aspen wrote:
ancajas is like floyd boring but gets the work done, but i like him better than albert pagara that cocky sob

He surely does, all stoppages after he won the crown ...

Will he stop Jonas Sultan ? We shall see ...

He is not really boring, more like Alexis Arguello, technical with power.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:47 pm 
Heavyweight

tabokanon wrote:
Time to change the nick name from 'THE PRETTY BOy" TO 'THE EL METODICO"

I love his style, he studies his opponent very well, doesn't gamble much, and has those fast and solid jabs that Manny don't have.

Referee McTavish said that the problem with Filipino boers is that they don't have good jabs. Ancajas is an anomaly, and his jab has bad intentions and not just a flicking jab (since he is a natural right-hander), as noted by Timothy Bradley.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next