Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:23 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:38 pm 
Heavyweight

Navy Blue wrote:
gritsteel2 wrote:
Well, looks like it is already set, a fight in June. Knowing ALA, they will accept the title fight, even if their fighter is not yet "ripe" ...

That sad to think, two potential pinoy

boxer will face in championship belt!

For me it's a nonsense fight.

Non-bankable pairing. I mean, Sultan

is not a household identity in abroad esp.

in USA.

Low gain but hi risk on Pretty

boy's side.

Think about it, sir Pacman & sir Jimenez!!

Why not? Sultan is rated number 1.

He has a better chance of winning a title against Jerwin than Estrada and the other champions.

Ancajas has to defend the belt or risk getting stripped of a title and pay.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:39 am 
Middleweight

gritsteel2 wrote:
Well, looks like it is already set, a fight in June. Knowing ALA, they will accept the title fight, even if their fighter is not yet "ripe" ...

I hate to see Sultan lose to Ancajas (or vice versa) because I have a feeling when he gets his 4th defeat he will just be relegated to a Journeyman. I don't hear anyone clamoring for Casimero fighting for another Championship belt after he fought and lost to Jonas. Unless someone else is making plans for Johnriel's World title fight I have another feeling he will be just a distant memory; I hope I'm wrong! That's the reason I'm not on the bandwagon with Pinoy vs Pinoy, instead of having more competitive Pinoy boxers spread out within four major sanctioning bodies we are getting less. There's plenty of Foreign Boxers to fight, why sacrifice ours and their ranking fighting fellow Pinoy? Yes I understand there's mandatory title defenses and all requirements that comes along with it, but there are four World Titles up for grab. Why not line up with the other three? Yes, I understand Mexicans vs Mexicans happens all the time, but had anyone check that Mexicans dominates Boxing, for every Major belt they must have at least 5 quality Boxers competing in the same Division. Starting with Super Middleweight all the way down to the Minimum weight they have quality Fighters. If I see an Ancajas, Sultan, Casimero etc on the same Division per belt (4 belts) then yes I will agree there's no avoiding Pinoy vs Pinoy, then yes it has to happen, but we don't! That's my 10 cents!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:15 am 
Cruiserweight

Pinoy62 wrote:
gritsteel2 wrote:

I hate to see Sultan lose to Ancajas (or vice versa) because I have a feeling when he gets his 4th defeat he will just be relegated to a Journeyman. I don't hear anyone clamoring for Casimero fighting for another Championship belt after he fought and lost to Jonas. Unless someone else is making plans for Johnriel's World title fight I have another feeling he will be just a distant memory; I hope I'm wrong! That's the reason I'm not on the bandwagon with Pinoy vs Pinoy, instead of having more competitive Pinoy boxers spread out within four major sanctioning bodies we are getting less. There's plenty of Foreign Boxers to fight, why sacrifice ours and their ranking fighting fellow Pinoy? Yes I understand there's mandatory title defenses and all requirements that comes along with it, but there are four World Titles up for grab. Why not line up with the other three? Yes, I understand Mexicans vs Mexicans happens all the time, but had anyone check that Mexicans dominates Boxing, for every Major belt they must have at least 5 quality Boxers competing in the same Division. Starting with Super Middleweight all the way down to the Minimum weight they have quality Fighters. If I see an Ancajas, Sultan, Casimero etc on the same Division per belt (4 belts) then yes I will agree there's no avoiding Pinoy vs Pinoy, then yes it has to happen, but we don't! That's my 10 cents!

Let d likes of casimero, sultan and other potential boxer urge d pacman's to be part of his boxing promotion and introduce/refer them to father bob'$ huge company like what happened to pacman & ancajas. If this pinoys will rely with their local handlers, well, they will end up in vain with their dreams to be another successfull Pacman. Don't mine crabs and haters who throws garbage to bob arum. Future at stake here, let this pinoy boxers embrace reality in professional boxing!!! It's business!! Be smart!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:32 am 
Heavyweight

The decision is on the ALA promotion whether they will insist on the mandatory right of sultan or not. Pwede naman sila mag waive ng status as mandatory challenger

Unlike sa kaso ni jerwin, he has to face the mandatory challenger or else be stripped of the belt. Or magbayad ng $20,000 step aside fee kay sultan para makapag voluntary defense. Pero after 5 or 6 months, kailangan nya pa rin labanan ang mandatory challenger at di na pwede ang 2nd step aside fee. Eh malaking pera din yun. Why pay that fee kung pwede naman tapusin na ang obligasyon nya sa mandatory

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:23 pm 
Heavyweight

ALA seems to have decided the want Sultan to fight Jerwin.

I think Jerwin wins this, but Sultan can bounce back later. Sultan is a real brawler and can be exciting to watch. Who knows, some American promoter may like his fan friendly style and sign him up too. So it's a win-win for Sultan.

Of course, a loss will be terrible for Ancajas, as the hype machine is now in high gear, at least n RP. But he is confident so let them fight, at least he doesn't hide from anyone. Once he goes higher, then choosing foes becomes the norm.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:27 pm 
Heavyweight

Asus maarte nyo.

Bring on Sultan vs Ancajas.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:47 pm 
Heavyweight

Numero uno wrote:
Asus maarte nyo.

:lol: yes sir, nice fight ... later on, Nietes vs Villoria

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Pinoy62 wrote:
gritsteel2 wrote:

OA mo naman pareko!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:31 pm 
Heavyweight

gritsteel2 wrote:
Numero uno wrote:
Asus maarte nyo.

Not going to happen.

There is no point.

Sultan is the challenger to Ancajas a real possibility this will happen.

I think pinoy should just let this fight happen. Watch it see that it isn't that bad. It's OK to see two top Filipinos fighting at the highest level.

Marquez fought Barrera.
Morales fought Barrera.
Heck all the greats fought people in the own nationality.

Only in Philippines do i see people cry about this. Geezuz! but have no problem nakawin ang mga luggage ng kapwa sa airport.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:06 pm 
Welterweight

Arum will do Ancajas vs. Sultan because he can get rid of the mandatory issues and pay them peanuts. Ancajas will be lucky if he makes his first 6 figure purse for this one. They will probably pay him $95.K Sultan? He will be lucky to get $25K.

This is boxing its rotten, but many love it!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:58 pm 
Cruiserweight

Sultan and his boss should
have a change of heart of not
fighting talented ancajas, for they
knew it is a zero chance to win
this fight. Sorry, he's not in ancajas league.Sultan might trip to dreamland in
early rounds. But if ur after a small purse, and look for a big crazy upset, go on. Welcome to a lion's den. Hahaha!! Joke!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:27 pm 
Light Heavyweight

It's a good sign that filipinos are up against each other on big boxing stage. It means that quality fighters from philippines are growing in numbers, like mexicans and puertoricans. Winwin scenario to sa mga pinoy pugs.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:29 pm 
Heavyweight

Why not? This is a mandatory fight... Why should we care if they're both Filipinos?

gritsteel2 wrote:
Numero uno wrote:
Asus maarte nyo.

If Viloria captures the vacant WBA title then that would be a good unification fight... Similar to Frampton vs. Quigg...

FearNoEvil wrote:
It's a good sign that filipinos are up against each other on big boxing stage. It means that quality fighters from philippines are growing in numbers, like mexicans and puertoricans. Winwin scenario to sa mga pinoy pugs.

Good point! Agree with you...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:02 am 
Heavyweight

jabjab1 wrote:
Arum will do Ancajas vs. Sultan because he can get rid of the mandatory issues and pay them peanuts. Ancajas will be lucky if he makes his first 6 figure purse for this one. They will probably pay him $95.K Sultan? He will be lucky to get $25K.

This is boxing its rotten, but many love it!

When ancajas was the mandatory challenger then to arroyo

He got paid only $3,000 purse
$25,000 for sultan is way high

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:10 am 
Cruiserweight

Let 'em fight for greater glory.