Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:48 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:27 pm 
Lightweight

Not tears of joy thou.. but thinking that he'll lost Pacman for good now into the hands of Buboy. Roach even tried to have a ditch of building Lucas fighting spirit days prior the fight by openly divulging that the injured shoulder of his pupil never been rightfully healed yet. :thunder: :idea2: :thunder:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:34 pm 
Cruiserweight

Never hire Roach again. Enough is enough he's Pacman's secret enemy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:27 pm 
Featherweight

After what Roach stated to Pacquiao just after the Horn fight that "he better to rematch with Horn, otherwise RETIRE" was something UNACCEPTABLE for us Pacquiao fans!!

I was also dismayed that Roach has left Manny in the air after that fight. However, I do not believe that we need to downgrade Roach anymore. A simple non-including of him in the remaining farewell fights is enough. (And I also hope that Top Rank will be excluded except for a co-promoter with Lomachenko).

Despite all this, I believe this comment is unnecessary but I understand the sentiment of TS (and he has a right to his opinion). However, Roach had been guiding Pacquiao for years (and a great instrument for the success of Manny) and I believe that he is entitled for a respect!

PS. I wonder why these Americans have double-standards in regard to Manny's fights:

1) How American JUDGES judged the fight of Pacquiao-Mayweather fight!? Instead of counting the punches LANDED of both boxers, they judged the fight on the charcter Pacquiao as not aggressive (reserved of throwing a punch). Is being not-aggressive a part of scoring? Because if yes, then Mayweather should have lost. And for the part of Mayweather, they scored his ability to grapple Manny. (That evidenced by the question of Max Kellerman after the fight. He asked, "Manny, we saw that Mayweather was somewhat too big for you and how you were outhandled!" YES!!!! Kellerman was on point! Mayweather outhandled (outgrappled) Manny. Not outpunched! And man they consider that as a defense for Mayweather!!!

2) Another American was FREDDIE. I wonder why he made those words whe he knew that Horn just rough up his pupil. I respect Roach very much, but what happened? Instead of supporting Manny in his contention, he asked him to "Rematch or Retire". 1)Was he paid by Australian government, 2) Was he paid by Bob, or he just wanted to motivate Manny on his next fight? And I doubt it's not the third one.