Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:40 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:30 am 
Heavyweight

LAS VEGAS, NEV. (August 15, 2018) – “He ran, he stalled, he didn’t conquer,” so sayeth trainer of the year ABEL SANCHEZ about former two-division world champion Canelo “Beef Jerky” Alvarez, (49-1-2, 34 KOs), of Guadalajara, Mexico. Sanchez is putting …

click for more

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:55 am 
Featherweight

They should... otherwise there will be so many "runners" and "strategist KUNO" in boxing matches as there were so much in the past .. "and just recently". :D .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:47 pm 
Heavyweight

“The last fight between Gennady and Canelo was a real contrast of styles,” said Sanchez. “Gennady had to chase Canelo, who boasted that he was the true Mexican warrior, around the ring. It reminded me of the four corners offense those old Dean Smith-coached basketball teams used to play. I’m seriously considering asking the Nevada Athletic Commission to install a 24-second clock to force Canelo to engage. Compare the activity between the fighters in their first fight. Gennady did everything in that fight. Gennady wasn’t the one who got booed by the fans when those crazy scorecards were announced. And Gennady is going to do even more in the rematch. I read that Canelo isn’t eating beef in this camp. Let’s just hope he stopped eating duck too.”