Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:38 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:31 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:19 am
Posts: 23240
IBF 115-lb world champion Jerwin Ancajas is looking for a unification bout with WBC champ Srisaket Sor Rungvisai, accroding to Dan Rafael of espn.com. “I came to Thailand Saturday night to watch with my own eyes the champion from Thailand …

click for more


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:09 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 7960
should a fight against sor rongvisai materialise, Ancajas should avoid sor's body shots.
Rongvisai's body shots are powerful so that most often his opponents are softened by
constantly absorbing these kind of punches.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:18 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:32 pm
Posts: 6021
dominic wrote:
should a fight against sor rongvisai materialise, Ancajas should avoid sor's body shots.
Rongvisai's body shots are powerful so that most often his opponents are softened by
constantly absorbing these kind of punches.


Right. Sor got dropped in his last fight, but ruled as a slip (see slow mo). He is not invincible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:44 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:32 pm
Posts: 6021
gritsteel2 wrote:
dominic wrote:
should a fight against sor rongvisai materialise, Ancajas should avoid sor's body shots.
Rongvisai's body shots are powerful so that most often his opponents are softened by
constantly absorbing these kind of punches.


Right. Sor got dropped in his last fight, but ruled as a slip (see slow mo). He is not invincible.


However, you do need to have the power to hurt him. No power, and he will just run over you. I think Ancajas has it, he is a natural superfly anyway unlike Chocolatito or Estrada, and on the verge of being a bantamweight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:59 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:32 pm
Posts: 6021
Ouch, Ancajas now is like Terence Crawford, Top Rank fighter with all the best opponents outside Top Rank.

Anyway, hope he makes money while at Top Rank. He should follow his boss to PBC after his contract.

http://philboxing.com/news/story-142168.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:22 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 12608
Location: SERN
gritsteel2 wrote:
Ouch, Ancajas now is like Terence Crawford, Top Rank fighter with all the best opponents outside Top Rank.

Anyway, hope he makes money while at Top Rank. He should follow his boss to PBC after his contract.

http://philboxing.com/news/story-142168.html


I feel bad for Ancajas... He doesn't deserve this... He should've targeted Yafai...

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:32 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:04 pm
Posts: 8030
rungvisai is too strong

_________________
"It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live. " -Mae Jemison


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:38 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 12608
Location: SERN
Ancajas-Yafai and Nietes-SSR would be great...

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:39 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:49 am
Posts: 711
Location: US
This is a good fight for Ancajas! They're both great body punchers, if you check back against the Japanese and the Irishman, they both got destroyed by Jerwin's body shots!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group