Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum
http://forum.philboxing.com/

Is boxing dead?
http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=291128
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Pop days [ Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Is boxing dead?

My kumpare said boxing is dead. Gone are the excitement of fighters like morales, Barrera, margarito, Valero, dela Hoya, glen and nonito donaire , hatton, Jorge solis, David Diaz, Oscar larios, ledwaba, Hussein, Rey boomboom Bautista , darchinyan, Jorge arce, Fernando montiel, Kermit cintron, paul Williams, abner mares, christian mijares, ponce de Leon, Gerry penalosa, etc..

Gone also are the most annoying paclanders that are omnipresent and most annoying and hated on the Internet and boxing forums. Gone are the pinduters too.

Author:  Pop days [ Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is boxing dead?

For a lot of Pinoys it was the golden age of boxing.

Author:  thedarkdragon11 [ Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is boxing dead?

Your kumpare is wrong... It's in a rapid decline, dying, yes but not yet dead...

Author:  Pop days [ Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is boxing dead?

thedarkdragon11 wrote:
Your kumpare is wrong... It's in a rapid decline, dying, yes but not yet dead...

The excitement is gone for sure.

Author:  Indomitable_Soldier [ Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is boxing dead?

Pop days wrote:
thedarkdragon11 wrote:
Your kumpare is wrong... It's in a rapid decline, dying, yes but not yet dead...

The excitement is gone for sure.


Heavywieght is now arising in the persons of Wilder, Fury, Joshua and some undefeated fighters. In fact some of MMA still looking up pure boxing as in higher status due to Mc gregor's defeat in Floyd.
Good boxers with high caliber is going to rise. Stenshin wants boxing so much, that's why he wants a piece of tring to fight Floyd.
Boxing's only failing due to bad judges and referees.

Author:  Pop days [ Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Is boxing dead?

Indomitable_Soldier wrote:
Pop days wrote:
thedarkdragon11 wrote:
Your kumpare is wrong... It's in a rapid decline, dying, yes but not yet dead...

The excitement is gone for sure.


Heavywieght is now arising in the persons of Wilder, Fury, Joshua and some undefeated fighters. In fact some of MMA still looking up pure boxing as in higher status due to Mc gregor's defeat in Floyd.
Good boxers with high caliber is going to rise. Stenshin wants boxing so much, that's why he wants a piece of tring to fight Floyd.
Boxing's only failing due to bad judges and referees.
I wish it’s gonna rise again.

Author:  thedarkdragon11 [ Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Is boxing dead?

Indomitable_Soldier wrote:
Pop days wrote:
thedarkdragon11 wrote:
Your kumpare is wrong... It's in a rapid decline, dying, yes but not yet dead...

The excitement is gone for sure.


Heavywieght is now arising in the persons of Wilder, Fury, Joshua and some undefeated fighters. In fact some of MMA still looking up pure boxing as in higher status due to Mc gregor's defeat in Floyd.
Good boxers with high caliber is going to rise. Stenshin wants boxing so much, that's why he wants a piece of tring to fight Floyd.
Boxing's only failing due to bad judges and referees.


Not only heavyweight, the Superfly division is also rising... If the guys from that division fight against each other, it would be huge... Srisaket Sor Rungvisai, Jerwin Ancajas, Donnie Nietes, Khalid Yafai, JF Estrada, Roman Gonzalez, Carlos Cuadras, Kazuto Ioka are the top guys, while the likes of McWilliams Arroyo, Aston Palicte, Alejandro Santiago and Israel Gonzales are the rising contenders...

Bantamweight and Middleweight are also thicc...

Author:  PeluBoy [ Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is boxing dead?

kawawa naman yung ESPN, Fox, DAZN kasi patay na pala ang boksing panay gastos pa sila :lol:

Author:  thedarkdragon11 [ Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is boxing dead?

PeluBoy wrote:
kawawa naman yung ESPN, Fox, DAZN kasi patay na pala ang boksing panay gastos pa sila :lol:


Add Showtime Boxing...

Author:  Pop days [ Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is boxing dead?

PeluBoy wrote:
kawawa naman yung ESPN, Fox, DAZN kasi patay na pala ang boksing panay gastos pa sila :lol:

It needs CPR

Author:  pubringjuandelacruz [ Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is boxing dead?

lucrative boxing is dead...

yeah... the sweet science is thriving... but gone are the days where every year, boxing fans are treated with great and historical match-ups...

also, HBO Boxing has also waived the white flag...

so yeah, gone are the days where lucrative boxing fights...

:crying:

Author:  Pop days [ Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is boxing dead?

I was even surprised today that nonito is still a champion. I didn’t know he fought two mos ago



Gone is the fanfare


https://youtu.be/BPx0dI4TFss

Author:  Seven Sigma [ Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is boxing dead?

Nope. Of course not, it has never have been and never will be, you were just thinking about it becuz PacQ's days are numbered and you gotta deal with it.

Author:  Aventus [ Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is boxing dead?

Seven Sigma wrote:
Nope. Of course not, it has never have been and never will be, you were just thinking about it becuz PacQ's days are numbered and you gotta deal with it.



it has never have been? :? :?

Author:  xpuncher [ Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is boxing dead?

Boxing can be likened to a ferryswheel.... just turning up and down in circle.
The excitement fades at times when bouts are boring and fixed.

If ever, blame its decline to promoters, some boxers, MMA etc.

But boxing will be on forever ... until it is outlawed globally.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC + 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/