Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 5:27 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:44 pm 
Cruiserweight

Whats your take? I think he didnt. He got by a solid shot in the groin (as clearly seen in the picture. In addition, Khan was holding his own in the 5th round. One can not say the final fight outcome prior to the low blow. If at all, we can also say Crawford's low blow was a desperation from Crawford was proving to be quite relient.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:35 am 
Heavyweight

He had 4 more minutes to walk off the lowbrow.
He told his trainer he couldn't feel his leg.
Lol
His trainer took that as I'm quitting.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:10 am 
Strawweight

If there was a way for them both to loose I’d have been quite happy . But thinking Khan had any chance after the first three rounds is dilusional . I am American and I dislike both Crawford and Khan . I would rather have been in Cali to see Casimero win his third world title over a game Mexican after that puta Garcia beat Granados .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:48 pm 
Lightweight

It's only Crawford who knows whether he acted intentionally as part of his dismantling plans. It was really a low blow as shown in the clip. Khan was down in the scorecards but we never know what happens next if the fight went farther??? Being hit ALMOST in the groin area with such thundering blow incapacitates any boxer. Having pain caused of such hit will affect your pivot, foot reflex and the like. I am not a fan of Khan because he talks a lot prior the fight as if he's really capable in beating Crawford but hope in fairness, also wish that Crawford could have given deduction in points, disqualified or the most, such happening could have been declared a " NO CONTEST ". :thunder: :idea2: :thunder:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:44 pm 
Heavyweight

Doesn't really matter, even if it's awful, it will still end via TKO...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:01 am 
Cruiserweight

my point is i give the benefit of doubt to Khan. while he was down in the scorecards the fight was getting more competitive by the 5th round (Khan's punches was begginning to land from point) and until the bell 12th and final round we can not conclude who the real winner would be. so i think to crucify Khan who did not continue to fight is rather harsh given the circumstances. on the other hand, Duran and Rigo's no mas were clearly ac act of quitting.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:04 am 
Lightweight

Easy for them to predict.. I bet with that kind of punch, most predictors could pee in pain if that happens to them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:29 am 
Heavyweight

Groin injury made Lebron inactive for quite a long time.And an accidental slip caused it.
But Khan being hit on the groin with a devastating left uppercut was no joke.
He may had quit but it was understandable. How can he continue fighting with pain
& cramps on his legs? If he continued, Crawford could had killed him.
Then boxing critics & wannabes would blame him for proceeding with the fight.
Khan, without the low blow could had been KO'd in the succeeding rounds,
But it would be legitimate, he had been stopped fair & square. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:00 am 
Heavyweight

Oh, please.
He had 4 more minutes to shake it off.
If he was so hurt, how was he talking?
Pfft!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:20 am 
Heavyweight

Amir made a mistake on how to quit. He forgot to put together a better drama like for example holding hit nuts while rolling on the canvas . This will sure disqualify Terence. I remember Roy Jones was DQ vs Montell Griffin because Montell was a good actor. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:30 am 
Heavyweight

Seriously, I gave Amir round 2 and 3. But Terence I think can handle Amir punches so he started going for a kill. The low blow was unfortunate and a real foul. I think Amir wanted to win via DQ of Terence. Just too bad his drama was not there that night.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:59 pm 
Heavyweight

Khan quit. His excuse is he didn't know there was 5 minutes for him, as he was not thinking straight, argh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:08 pm 
Cruiserweight

And he has balls to say, fans still want to see him fighting such as thurman and d Pacman??!! Hahahahaha!!
Smart boxing businesman, really!!! In just @ few rnds maybe composed of 16 minutes fight, used convincing acting. Voala !! million bucks paycheck!!

https://www.boxingscene.com/khan-people ... ao--138250

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:29 pm 
Cruiserweight

Thunder_knuckles wrote:
Amir made a mistake on how to quit. He forgot to put together a better drama like for example holding hit nuts while rolling on the canvas . This will sure disqualify Terence. I remember Roy Jones was DQ vs Montell Griffin because Montell was a good actor. :lol:
Khan could roll over the canvass for the whole 5 minutes and holding his nuts with a grimace on his face and got away with the belt as a Newwwwwwwww........ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:15 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Khan thought it was a good excuse to escape from a worse punishment. Terence "Sugar" Crawford had easily nullified his 'speed and boxing ability'. Crawford had been bombarding Khan face and body at will, there's no way AmereCon could've go on until 9R, his chin couldn't hold up any longer. Khan was actually very thankful for the low blow ha ha