Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:51 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:03 am 
Heavyweight

This should be interesting to watch, Duno is a good prospect, and already at lightweight ...

https://www.boxingscene.com/romero-duno ... 16--138526

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:15 pm 
Cruiserweight

gritsteel2 wrote:
This should be interesting to watch, Duno is a good prospect, and already at lightweight ...

What Philippine exact time and date duno will fight, bro?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:52 pm 
Heavyweight

Navy Blue wrote:
gritsteel2 wrote:

What Philippine exact time and date duno will fight, bro?

Should be before noon tomorrow I guess.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:06 pm 
Featherweight

Duno wins by decision

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:44 pm 
Heavyweight

Right, split decision, he could've KO'ed the guy later though. He needs to improve and be more than just a slugger if he wants to go higher ... a work in progress.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:09 pm 
Cruiserweight

Gonzales right check bone is swelling, lakas siguro sumuntok ni duno, ruthless talaga...

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:16 pm 
Cruiserweight

gritsteel2 wrote:
Right, split decision, he could've KO'ed the guy later though. He needs to improve and be more than just a slugger if he wants to go higher ... a work in progress.

I agree with u, bro. Duno became careless and it seems to me, he's over confident. He need to change is brawler style to a thinking , ko boxer. Moreover, i guess he is not well prepared with this fight.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:20 pm 
Welterweight

:lol: a very violent brawl. This is too hard a style for Duno, especially if he wish to become a champion. He cannot just go for broke or he will get tired quick

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:07 pm 
Light Heavyweight

duno has the power and hand speed of pacman however, his trainers are tricycle drivers. in a fight you must have three alternative approach. first, series of jabs then move in and follow it up with combinations, second, the brawl, learn how to wave and duck like nietes and deliver hard shots and the third, the ugly one, use your weight and elbows to pin your opponent and force him into a brawl. on that fight, rodriguez used crisps combinations instead of haymakers and he was winning on points. change trainers or you will be be known as Romeo" patakag hambaw" duno. anyway congrats for the win. :lol: :) :D

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:19 am 
Welterweight

ORIENTMANJU wrote:
duno has the power and hand speed of pacman however, his trainers are tricycle drivers. in a fight you must have three alternative approach. first, series of jabs then move in and follow it up with combinations, second, the brawl, learn how to wave and duck like nietes and deliver hard shots and the third, the ugly one, use your weight and elbows to pin your opponent and force him into a brawl. on that fight, rodriguez used crisps combinations instead of haymakers and he was winning on points. change trainers or you will be be known as Romeo" patakag hambaw" duno. anyway congrats for the win. :lol: :) :D

He needs to learn boxing technique. His style will easily be exposed

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:55 pm 
Flyweight

I think that fight could have gone either way, what with Rodriguez landing more punches and Duno having been deducted a point for low blows but scoring a clean knockdown. No question Duno punches hard but he has a propensity for falling back to a brawling style when he gets the worse of an exchange. Does he need a better trainer that will make him a more disciplined fighter, or is he just too stubborn a fighter for any trainer to discipline? I Duno (Hehe) but am interested to hear your views.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:40 pm 
Heavyweight

Taga_Cavite wrote:
I think that fight could have gone either way, what with Rodriguez landing more punches and Duno having been deducted a point for low blows but scoring a clean knockdown. No question Duno punches hard but he has a propensity for falling back to a brawling style when he gets the worse of an exchange. Does he need a better trainer that will make him a more disciplined fighter, or is he just too stubborn a fighter for any trainer to discipline? I Duno (Hehe) but am interested to hear your views.

Rodel Mayol is not exactly a brawler and I'm sure he tries to teach the finer aspects of boxing. But boxers normally revert back to what they are when the going gets tough, so I agree with you there.

Duno would have lost if not for the last rounds where he was able to land a good punch. He was like Deontay Wilder against Fury, losing the fight, but suddenly turning it around.

Anyway, Duno needs to be more of an all-rounder. Just like MMA, it pays to be able to handle any style.