Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:32 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:37 pm 
Cruiserweight

Still Pacman will win by decision. But I wish a knock out in favor of Manny.
What do think mga Bro.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:42 pm 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao via MD...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:52 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Pacman with a clear cut UD victory.
Thurman is one of the top welters so i don't think there will be a KO.
the destructive Pacman 10 years ago will murder this prime Thurman of today.

banned for months for violation #1. rules said only 2 weeks. mailed admin how can the rules be broken to ban me for so long time.. received no word. who's hated me too much? just one idea, the mod i criticized for hating the Azkals too much..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:42 pm 
Cruiserweight

Thurman was almost knocked.out by Lopez, i think Pacman can do a convincing win or a KO. Manny leared a lot for his fight against Floyd he can use that in Thurman style.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:44 pm 
Middleweight

Manny via decision. I hope it’s a clear cut win or Manny will be cheated out of victory by the corrupt judges

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:47 am 
Cruiserweight

The Only time Manny has been cheated by the Judges is when Bob ARUM at Top Rank was marketing (promoting) someone new to casual boxing fans
and using a "victory" over Pacquiao to bolster their name recognition (Timothy Bradley and Jeff Horn)

Now that Manny Pacquiao is no longer under the crooked Bob Arum at Top Rank, he won't be robbed any more.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:57 am 
Cruiserweight

i still dont think thurman is on pacquiao level.. because he had close decisions with porter and garcia.. pac by UD 115-113 or 116-112.. pac is too fast...

pacquiao should stay away from spence and crawford.. i think he should fight Porter for the wbc belt or retire..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:58 am 
Cruiserweight

HUNA wrote:
The Only time Manny has been cheated by the Judges is when Bob ARUM at Top Rank was marketing (promoting) someone new to casual boxing fans
and using a "victory" over Pacquiao to bolster their name recognition (Timothy Bradley and Jeff Horn)

Now that Manny Pacquiao is no longer under the crooked Bob Arum at Top Rank, he won't be robbed any more.

youre right

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:24 am 
Middleweight

rldabomb wrote:
i still dont think thurman is on pacquiao level.. because he had close decisions with porter and garcia.. pac by UD 115-113 or 116-112.. pac is too fast...

pacquiao should stay away from spence and crawford.. i think he should fight Porter for the wbc belt or retire..
I think he should fight Spence on his last & farewell fight after beating Thurman if Mayweather will stay retired and not fight him. But then he should fight Spence outside of the USA, say, Philippines as Spence told him that Spence will fight him even in the Philippines. Take Spence's offer and fight him, for his farewell fight (if Mayweather will not fight him after Thurman) in Manila.

Crawford? An Arum guy, will never happen.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:05 am 
Heavyweight

edroland wrote:
rldabomb wrote:

I think he should fight Spence on his last & farewell fight after beating Thurman if Mayweather will stay retired and not fight him. But then he should fight Spence outside of the USA, say, Philippines as Spence told him that Spence will fight him even in the Philippines. Take Spence's offer and fight him, for his farewell fight (if Mayweather will not fight him after Thurman) in Manila.

Crawford? An Arum guy, will never happen.

After Thurman fight, there's only 1 fight left for the PBC deal... Pacquiao should fight DSG for that last one... Porter would be fighting Spence and will most likely lose so he'll be out of the choices at that time...

If Pacquiao gets another PBC deal (at least 2 fights), that's the time to fight Spence, and maybe whoever wins the WBA (Regular) title after Pacquiao-Thurman...

If Pacquiao won't get another PBC deal, he might get a Matchroom deal and his only options are AK and Brook... As a free-agent, he can get a rematch against Horn under Rizin...

But the best option is for Pacquiao to retire after that DSG fight or another fight as a free-agent here in the Philippines against an ex-champ...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:22 pm 
Cruiserweight

rldabomb wrote:

Nope, Manny Pac will not fight against former friends like Porter, he treassured their closeness, so he will not do that. However spence's according to his trainers is tailor made for Pacman. I do hope it's true.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:08 pm 
Heavyweight

rldabomb wrote:

I feel the opposite, Pacman should fight Spence. Spence is the come-forward type of fighter, and everyone like that were beaten by the Pacman.

Crawford is trickier, but Pac's power and speed will make Crawford respect him. Anyway, it won't happen, Arum will protect Crawford. Crawford has a better chance against Spence, but it won't happen too. Crawford has no drawing power, no money, no honey. Spence already said 50-50 split is not going to happen.

Thurman can be a problem, he is going to ride his bike. Pacman will be forced to chase him, and that's not good.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:57 am 
Heavyweight

gritsteel2 wrote:
rldabomb wrote:

I feel the opposite, Pacman should fight Spence. Spence is the come-forward type of fighter, and everyone like that were beaten by the Pacman.

Crawford is trickier, but Pac's power and speed will make Crawford respect him. Anyway, it won't happen, Arum will protect Crawford. Crawford has a better chance against Spence, but it won't happen too. Crawford has no drawing power, no money, no honey. Spence already said 50-50 split is not going to happen.

Thurman can be a problem, he is going to ride his bike. Pacman will be forced to chase him, and that's not good.

Horn came forward all day. Gave Pac hell.
Thurman has been fairly inactive and coming off injury.
He's the easiest fight of three ( Crawford and Spence ).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:02 am 
Welterweight

There’s a reason why Manny backed out of fighting Spence despite claiming he wanted the fight,

Al Haymon advised him not to.

Beside Spence knows beating an old smaller man won’t help his legacy. He need to beat Crawford

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:20 pm 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
gritsteel2 wrote:
rldabomb wrote:

Horn came forward all day. Gave Pac hell.
Thurman has been fairly inactive and coming off injury.
He's the easiest fight of three ( Crawford and Spence ).

Rephrase ... come forward and not wrestle like Horn :lol: