Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:41 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:24 am 
Cruiserweight

hindi talaga nagbubunga ang masamang gawain :lol:

after their robbery in Australia, nagulpi sarado na ng dalawang matinding beses etong si Horn :biglaugh:

....ang pinakamasaklap walang big fight na dumating sa kanya 8)

Jeff Horn Unsure of Future: I've Got To Do Some Soul Searching
Updated at 02:34 PM EDT, Sun Sep 1, 2019 Read More By : Boxing Clever
Quote:
Jeff Horn has to decide whether he has the hunger to to do the harder preparation demanded by his trainer Glenn Rushton to rebuild his boxing career after his upset loss to Michael Zerafa.

Horn’s mooted December 23 clash with WBA regular middleweight champion Ryota Murata in Japan looks to be off the table after he was stopped in the ninth round at Bendigo Stadium on Saturday night.

Zerafa knocked the former WBO welterweight down twice and was leading on all the judges cards by at least three points at the time of the stoppage.

While there was a a rematch clause in the contact, Horn isn’t sure if he will exercise it, go down to super welterweight or welterweight, or even retire.

“I definitely don’t want to be doing this game for too long that’s for sure, you don’t want to be battered up and bruised,” Horn said.

Rushton says it’s a matter of hunger and preparation for Horn, not talent. Horn said he had to reassess whether he still had the hunger to continue.

“I’ve got to do some soul searching and see if I’ve got what it takes in myself to do hard preparation and get ready for another big fight like this,” Horn said.

Rushton made it clear Horn would have to work significantly harder and look at his diet, especially if he wanted to stay at middleweight.

“’We’ve got to sit sown and have that long, hard talk and say exactly what does that look like, diet-wise work-wise and really put the effort in,” Rushton said.

“If it’s going to be at middleweight it means we’ve got to change the body structure a little bit and not eat pizzas and drink Coke.

“Middleweight to me doesn’t mean that you eat whatever you want, it means that you’ve obviously got to be very disciplined.. I think Jeff realises, you’ve got to have that lean muscle mass, at middle and you’ve got to be a ripped middle, which means a lot of hard work if you want to go that route.”

Horn questioned his food intake in the hours leading up to the fight and said he felt sluggish during the bout.

“’I felt like I couldn’t get my shots off, they weren’t landing as good as I wanted, it was frustrating me from pretty much the beginning,” he said.

Rushton said Horn had just an eight-week preparation after taking three weeks off for the birth of his second child and needed everything to go right, but suffered from sniffles and a sore throat last Monday.

“I don’t want to use the excuse: ‘I’ve been sick’, all props to Michael Zerafa for winning the fight,” Horn said.

Zerafa dictated terms with his jab and right hand and rarely allowed Horn to pressure him inside, though he admitted he was hurt by a shot in the third round.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:44 am 
Heavyweight

Well he can go back to being a teacher.....at least still gets a job.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:59 pm 
Heavyweight

Always has an excuse ... can't accept the fact that he was handed a robbery and he is really not good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:49 pm 
Welterweight

His strength as a welterweight was he was a junior middleweight really, he was a weight bully. Buti nga sa iyo ***** ka, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:22 pm 
Heavyweight

middle weight against a welterweight ang laban.
matindi iyong zerafa. tinalo rin nito si kell brook pero niluto sa UK.
pwede pang bumalik sa welterweight si horn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:29 pm 
Cruiserweight

FunkyDog wrote:

kung ako tatanungin mang Funky, I'd rather prefer this guy retire..

para kasing every fight he gets after the Pacquiao match is his "profit" from the robbery they made in Australia...talagang karma is the great equalizer, look at his career.....nobody in his right mind thinks he really won against Manny, he's had 2 career-shortening beatings already (3 if you count his "win" against Manny)....before this Zerafa fight he'd been begging for any fight that would pay him at least something.......the karma has gone full circle :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:43 pm 
Heavyweight

The.Equalizer wrote:
FunkyDog wrote:

para kasing every fight he gets after the Pacquiao match is his "profit" from the robbery they made in Australia...talagang karma is the great equalizer, look at his career.....nobody in his right mind thinks he really won against Manny, he's had 2 career-shortening beatings already (3 if you count his "win" against Manny)....before this Zerafa fight he'd been begging for any fight that would pay him at least something.......the karma has gone full circle :lol:

dati palang macho dancer itong tumalo ke Horn :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:45 pm 
Cruiserweight

FunkyDog wrote:
The.Equalizer wrote:
FunkyDog wrote:

dati palang macho dancer itong tumalo ke Horn :D

wahahahahaha dobol bukol sa resumé niya

may asterisk ang win niya sa isang legend, tapos tinalo lang ng macho dancer

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Lakas ng pangarap kasi kapag panalo niya kay Pac.....kaya ganun.....malas lol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:22 pm 
Heavyweight

Your future is with your batsoy wife.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:50 am 
Cruiserweight

JoeyInCali wrote:

pics pls :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:29 pm 
Heavyweight

The.Equalizer wrote:
JoeyInCali wrote:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing/jeff-horn-has-sights-on-world-championship-rather-than-past-his-best-anthony-mundine/news-story/ba5cb7be2e339394c029357f1a45db48
He can never escape from her ever.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:17 am 
Cruiserweight

:shock:
JoeyInCali wrote:
The.Equalizer wrote:
JoeyInCali wrote:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing/jeff-horn-has-sights-on-world-championship-rather-than-past-his-best-anthony-mundine/news-story/ba5cb7be2e339394c029357f1a45db48
He can never escape from her ever.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:55 am 
Cruiserweight

e ganyan lang naman talaga laro nyan e :shock:

glutton for punishment lang naman yan si Horn, hindi na lang talaga kinaya ng ungas.....buti nga ! :biglaugh:

Jeff Horn To Part Ways With Trainer Glenn Rushton?
By Boxing Clever
Published On Tue Sep 3, 2019, 02:50 PM EDT

B*scene wrote:
According to several sources in Australia, former WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn is considering the possibility or parting ways with his longtime trainer Glenn Rushton.

There has been a mountain of criticism in the aftermath of Horn's brutal knockout loss at the hands of Michael Zerafa on Saturday night in Bendigo.

Most of the critics have centered in on Rushton, because they believe the trainer did not stop the fight quick enough and allowed Horn to take unnecessary punishment.

Seven News in Brisbane reported that Horn and his family held a meeting to discuss his future with the trainer.

While initially defending his decision to allow the fight to play out, Rushton eventually released a statement to apologize for not throwing in the towel fast enough.

“Half of you says you want to throw the towel in and the other half says if he grabs him and hangs on, we’re close to the end of the round,” Rushton said.

Hall of Famer Jeff Fenech lashed out at Rushton for allowing the punishment to continue for far too long.

“The corner should never have allowed him to take that much punishment,’’ Fenech told News. “I thought it was disgraceful.’’

The fight came to a close in the ninth round, when Horn went down for a second time and could barely stand, as the boxer's father ordered the corner to stop the contest.

There was also a lot of drama over Horn's diet. The contest took place at middleweight, which allowed the boxer to eat food he usually wouldn't be able to consume.

Rushton claims Horn was eating a lot of junk food.

“We’ve got to sit down and have that long, hard talk and say exactly what does that look like, diet-wise work-wise and really put the effort in,” Rushton said.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:58 am 
Lightweight

It's not his fault Pacman lost, it's the biased judges who may or may not have been bribed.