Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:19 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:00 am 
Middleweight

Lomachenko, one of the best P4P, 2x gold Olympic medalist, only 1 defeat out of 396 amateur fights & the Unified world Lightweight title holder of WBO WBA & WBC, with an excellent footwork & fast hands.

But Loma is facing a different kind of a hungry animal in Lopez, the IBF Lighweight champ just last Dec 2019 & who by the way will do anything atop the ring so he can dance & backflip after the fight, lol. Father- trainer Lopez Sr. says, Loma will go down in the 3rd round. That’s too impossible! I may say, on the 7th because Lomachenko’s game plan will be tactical & technical & drag the fight to the 12 rounds to get a decision.

Lopez should get & finish Loma on or before the 7th if not, Loma will get the nods from the judges. This is the kind of fight that you don’t want to miss because you’ve got to witness how this young kid will execute his pure explosive power. It’s,...
Speed vs Power
Youth vs Experienced

You can watch this fight through ESPN app in your mobile device for P300 good for 30 days - connect it to your widescreen TV

This is Part 1 of Blood Sweat & Tears, Part 2 will be on Oct 16
https://youtu.be/jqo9K6pTKOM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:24 pm 
Welterweight

If Loma fights Pacquiao, Loma can be knocked-out.

But with Teofimo, it's the reverse.

I'm still with Loma in this fight. :-)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:21 pm 
Middleweight

This is what boxing makes so exciting because the fans doesn’t even know what’s gonna happen, it’s a guessing game, we predict & argue by our own opinions.

That’s why I’m so excited, so are you for sure.

But keep in mind, even Loma is a special kind of a fighter, who emerged once in a lifetime like of those Pacquiao, right? Lomachenko just misses the natural raw power in his hands, compared to Pacquiao & Lopez.

And this kid doesn’t get intimidated of Loma’s resume’ nor respect when they’re inside the squared canvas come fight night.
Lopez’ tandem should put where their mouth is- to knock out Lomachenko to become a Unified Champ at a very young age (meaning too early to challenge one of the best P4P) or else, they will rebuild his name again.

But as a boxing fan- I believe the power of Lopez will prevail.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:22 am 
Welterweight

I totally agree.

These young lightweights are really into fighting. They love to showcase their talents.

That's why I believe Vasiliy, Teofimo, Ryan and Luke are brave warriors. And I want to see Davis and Haney to be in the mix because I can see them as brave fighters too. But it's just unfortunate that they are now in the wrong hands.

These two will surely not fight the winner of Loma v. Lopez, or the winner of Garcia v. Campbell in the future. They will evade.

I hope I am wrong...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:30 pm 
Heavyweight

Lopez knocking out Lomachenko is easier said than done,
The southpaw Ukrainian fighter is too fast & has power also in both hands.
Vasyl ko'd the dangerous Linares in the 10th with a left upper to the breadbasket.
Lopez wasn't even able to stop the Jap underdog Masayoshi Nakatani in their 2019 fight.
El Brooklyn will have a hard time landing a solid blow on Loma while being
peppered with a variety of short but powerful punches
I pick Loma to win by ko in the 9th or 10th round. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:42 pm 
Heavyweight

Bolo_Punch wrote:
Vasyl ko'd the dangerous Linares in the 10th with a left upper to the breadbasket.
Lopez wasn't even able to stop the Jap underdog Masayoshi Nakatani in their 2019 fight.

I'm with you ...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:10 pm 
Middleweight

simimik wrote:
I totally agree.

These young lightweights are really into fighting. They love to showcase their talents.

That's why I believe Vasiliy, Teofimo, Ryan and Luke are brave warriors. And I want to see Davis and Haney to be in the mix because I can see them as brave fighters too. But it's just unfortunate that they are now in the wrong hands.

These two will surely not fight the winner of Loma v. Lopez, or the winner of Garcia v. Campbell in the future. They will evade.

I hope I am wrong...[/quote
simimik wrote:
I totally agree.

I hope I am wrong...

After the fight Teo will go to the next weight division and Loma might stay.
These young kids, either Ryan, Tank & Haney will not call out or challenge Loma- they will find it out first
who’s who among the 3 of them
After Davis & Garcia beats their respective opponents- they will fight by March or April next year. Both of them has big mouths, they included bad mouthing their parents- they’ve got these bad blood already & this fight should happen.
(I’ll take Davis over Garcia on these match up)
Then Devin won’t have another option but to face the Tank in the future.

I don’t know what’s gonna happen to Lomachenko’s career during those time. Remember, Arum & Oscar & Mayweather doesn’t like each other.
And yes, we might not see some good fights happening.

All I know for now & really get excited to see, how Lopez will execute,..catch & penetrate his upper cuts & hooks to the quick & fast Vasyl.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:06 pm 
Middleweight

Bolo_Punch wrote:

Lomachenko’s output is amazing, no doubt about that,. but less power, as we can see it. Linares wasnt that dangerous, (he even got loses to a No name fighters) Loma gotten up from the knockdown right away,... but if that was Lopez- a power straight hit, Lomachenko would prefer to stay on the canvas rather than get another beating.

Lopez admitted his performances against the undefeated 6 footer Nakatani was horrible but not bad at all for wide margin of unanimous decision.
Look, what happened to Commey the IBF champ, who’s only the same height as his- we saw what happened.

Come to think this way,. Vasyl’s wear & tear will be seen 7 days from now. It will show! Can you imagine around 396 amateur fights- yes, a highway mileage & we wil see it, aside from his age & height.
I can’t deny or see why Lopez cannot land his signature Right Hook next Sunday morning.
And by his southpaw stance, Loma’s too vulnerable. I’m not even mentioning, when he bend a bit- he’s way too open for an upper cut.

Yes, it’s easier for me to say because that’s what I see come October the 17th

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:20 pm 
Middleweight

gritsteel2 wrote:
Bolo_Punch wrote:

I'm with you ...

you will be with me after the fight!
(If not I’ll eat my humble pie alone to my fav pizzeria in Hamabar, Tondo)

gritsteel2 wrote:
Bolo_Punch wrote:

I'm with you ...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:35 pm 
Heavyweight

pinoy_usa8 wrote:

you will be with me after the fight!
(If not I’ll eat my humble pie alone to my fav pizzeria in Hamabar, Tondo)

We shall see :). The one who will beat Lomachenko in this fight will be Father Time or Lopez employing Salido's tactics. Should be fun ...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:44 am 
Welterweight

Given Lopez's speed, knockout power, youth and charisma, I can see why people are really hyped about him defeating Lomachenko. Looking at his highlights, he appears to be ready to defeat Loma. However, Loma is not going to be stupid enough to just stand there and get knocked out with 1 punch. Given his massive experience as an amateur and pro against champions and former champions, there isn't anything that Lopez is going to do that Loma has not seen already. Loma is still at his prime and not close to retirement so he will not be too slow or too old to hang with Lopez. Although I would say that Lopez is probably faster than Loma, that's only 1 tool in the toolbox. Loma is a master boxer who has more tricks up his sleeve than Lopez has in his arsenal. Loma will be able to figure out his opponent as the rounds go by. Once he has Lopez figured out and picking him apart, then Loma will start landing more and more punches. I also don't think Loma will get into a 1 on 1 slugfest. I see him trying to outbox and outsmart Lopez by landing more shots circling him and landing punches at angles. If I were Loma, the game plan would be to outbox, outsmart, throw punches at weird angles, get in and get out, and drag the fight into the later rounds. Lopez is probably going to try for a knockout early since he doesn't have a good chance of outboxing Loma in the later rounds. I see Lopez being the more aggressive fighter in the beginning but as the fight goes on, he will slow down and that's when Loma will take over. If one were to choose between a boxer and a slugger, usually the boxer wins in most cases. Given Loma's high boxing IQ, massive experience, power, footwork, defense, lots of tricks up his sleeve, and the ability to land punches at all angles, I think he has the edge to beat a young, impressive KO artist in Lopez. Lopez is good but still young. It's almost like when Canelo fought Mayweather. Canelo was only 23 years old when he fought Mayweather at 36. As young and powerful as Canelo was, Mayweather was just too quick and too smart for a young Canelo; Mayweather had too many tricks up his sleeve. I believe the same is true here. Lopez is still young at 23 fighting a 32 year old veteran. Probably after Lopez gets more experience as he gets older, he will probably be good enough to beat Loma but not at this time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:05 am 
Middleweight

BDJr wrote:
Given Lopez's speed, knockout power, youth and charisma, I can see why people are really hyped about him defeating Lomachenko. Looking at his highlights, he appears to be ready to defeat Loma. However, Loma is not going to be stupid enough to just stand there and get knocked out with 1 punch. Given his massive experience as an amateur and pro against champions and former champions, there isn't anything that Lopez is going to do that Loma has not seen already. Loma is still at his prime and not close to retirement so he will not be too slow or too old to hang with Lopez. Although I would say that Lopez is probably faster than Loma, that's only 1 tool in the toolbox. Loma is a master boxer who has more tricks up his sleeve than Lopez has in his arsenal. Loma will be able to figure out his opponent as the rounds go by. Once he has Lopez figured out and picking him apart, then Loma will start landing more and more punches. I also don't think Loma will get into a 1 on 1 slugfest. I see him trying to outbox and outsmart Lopez by landing more shots circling him and landing punches at angles. If I were Loma, the game plan would be to outbox, outsmart, throw punches at weird angles, get in and get out, and drag the fight into the later rounds. Lopez is probably going to try for a knockout early since he doesn't have a good chance of outboxing Loma in the later rounds. I see Lopez being the more aggressive fighter in the beginning but as the fight goes on, he will slow down and that's when Loma will take over. If one were to choose between a boxer and a slugger, usually the boxer wins in most cases. Given Loma's high boxing IQ, massive experience, power, footwork, defense, lots of tricks up his sleeve, and the ability to land punches at all angles, I think he has the edge to beat a young, impressive KO artist in Lopez. Lopez is good but still young. It's almost like when Canelo fought Mayweather. Canelo was only 23 years old when he fought Mayweather at 36. As young and powerful as Canelo was, Mayweather was just too quick and too smart for a young Canelo; Mayweather had too many tricks up his sleeve. I believe the same is true here. Lopez is still young at 23 fighting a 32 year old veteran. Probably after Lopez gets more experience as he gets older, he will probably be good enough to beat Loma but not at this time.

Absolutely.
Lomachenko will set up a boxing clinic in first 6 rounds to frustrate Lopez because these are the rounds that’s very dangerous & critical for him.
In short, Lopez should get the job done inside 7 rounds at the most. Meaning, if Teo cannot KO Loma, all viewers including me ,..can conclude that Loma will win unanimously.

But then again, it’s just too impossible Lopez cannot land or connect 1 or 2 power punch inside 12 rounds knowing Teo has a good timing. And that’s all Lopez needs because he’s the bigger guy & his natural weight class whereas Loma’s real weight is at 130 pounder.
By Friday weigh in, we will seeTeo will be bigger just a bit but after he will dehydrate, by Saturday fight night he maybe around 144 or 146.
And that’s scares Team Loma if the punches of Lopez will sneak in & go through.
Definitely their game plan is to tire & frustrate the young kid. They will not duplicate the original
blueprint of their gameplan like of those Walter & Rigo fights - they’re too way too close for a counter punch of Lopez.

Of course, Teo Sr knew these already, that the championship fight is only 7 rounds not 12 rounds because they knew, Lomachenko will win if the fight will go past 7.

So, the father-trainer said, by all means Lopez should get Loma in the early rounds.
I’ll be surprise if Lopez will do it just inside 5 rounds.

Loma is a nice guy & humble that’s why my heart goes to
him but my money goes to Teofimo Lopez on or before the 7th.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:19 am 
Middleweight

That's also what they said when Loma fought Nicholas Walters, Nicholas Walters is one of the most devastating punchers during his boxing days, and you know what happened. Same scenario here, I think Lopez will quit due to frustration. If not then he will lose a wide margin unanimous decision in favor of Loma. Lopez has not fought a caliber fighter like Loma, his only chance of winning is with a lucky punch.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:58 am 
Middleweight

gentle_baon wrote:
That's also what they said when Loma fought Nicholas Walters, Nicholas Walters is one of the most devastating punchers during his boxing days, and you know what happened. Same scenario here, I think Lopez will quit due to frustration. If not then he will lose a wide margin unanimous decision in favor of Loma. Lopez has not fought a caliber fighter like Loma, his only chance of winning is with a lucky punch.

Talking about Loma’s previous fights who quitted on their stool- Walters was 30 yrs old, Rigo was 37 yrs old & Linares (on the 10th) was already 33 yrs old,..cannot compared to a 23 yrs with an explosive power in both hands, right?
Meaning, Loma hasn’t fought yet a young talented Power puncher in Lopez, who is very hungry & in his prime maybe? Or just going to peak.
When Maynard & Magdaleno got KO’ed, I think it wasn’t a lucky punch especially to the undefeated IBF champ Commey.
Everybody says, Lopez doesn’t stand a chance to win against the solid/hard puncher Richard.

And again, I will not change my thoughts on this fight that Teofimo will get a Knockout of the Year on or before the 7th round.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:11 am 
Middleweight

[quote="pinoy_usa8"][quote="gentle_baon"]That's also what they said when Loma fought Nicholas Walters, Nicholas Walters is one of the most devastating punchers during his boxing days, and you know what happened. Same scenario here, I think Lopez will quit due to frustration. If not then he will lose a wide margin unanimous decision in favor of Loma. Lopez has not fought a caliber fighter like Loma, his only chance of winning is with a lucky punch.[/quote]
Talking about Loma’s previous fights who quitted on their stool- Walters was 30 yrs old, Rigo was 37 yrs old & Linares (on the 10th) was already 33 yrs old,..cannot compared to a 23 yrs with an explosive power in both hands, right?
Meaning, Loma hasn’t fought yet a young talented Power puncher in Lopez, who is very hungry & in his prime maybe? Or just going to peak.
When Maynard & Magdaleno got KO’ed, I think it wasn’t a lucky punch especially to the undefeated IBF champ Commey.
Everybody says, Lopez doesn’t stand a chance to win against the solid/hard puncher Richard.

And again, I will not change my thoughts on this fight that Teofimo will get a Knockout of the Year on or before the 7th round.[/quote]

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ ... enumMe.jpg
Lomachenko's official sponsor will headline too, KO of the Year 2020