Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:17 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:01 pm 
Featherweight

erik morales started his professional fighting career in 1993 at age 16, and has been in boxing for the last 14 years. but it was only in 2004, when his third fight against marco antonio barrera was shown on philippine television that i first became aware of his existence, and before that i've never heard of him and knew that he was around. :)

now it also looks like that among the opponents that manny pacquiao has fought in the past, erik morales appears to be the most popular among pinoys.

do you still remember the first time you've heard of or seen erik morales?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:08 pm 
Heavyweight

I first became aware of Morales when he fought Barrera for the first time in 2000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:18 pm 
Welterweight

way before pac made a bang in the US..

that was when king louie was still active and hamed was still a legend before facing MAB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:37 pm 
Lightweight

i first became aware of erik when he won the wbc superbantamweight title from daniel zaragosa. then i saw him knocking out reynante jamili. i did not see him fight barrera the first time tho. his fight with in jin chi was a classic. he was my idol until he fought manny pacquiao. i did not forsee a pacman - morales fight because pacquiao was then in the lower weight class ( flyweight/112 ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:38 pm 
Welterweight

BCngDC wrote:
I first became aware of Morales when he fought Barrera for the first time in 2000.

yup i saw dat 1st fight of morales

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:00 am 
Light Heavyweight

tisay87 wrote:
erik morales started his professional fighting career in 1993 at age 16, and has been in boxing for the last 14 years. but it was only in 2004, when his third fight against marco antonio barrera was shown on philippine television that i first became aware of his existence, and before that i've never heard of him and knew that he was around. :)

now it also looks like that among the opponents that manny pacquiao has fought in the past, erik morales appears to be the most popular among pinoys.

do you still remember the first time you've heard of or seen erik morales?
It was around 1998 when i was still working in a hardware store in Basak, Mambaling as kargador & salesman. His name was already floating around newspapers & some boxing fights then. Same with Barrera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:05 am 
Light Heavyweight

BCngDC wrote:
I already knew Morales & Barrera way before then because my friends would bring up what if Espi would fight any of these Chicanos. But Hamed was more popular then.

Translation - Diha nga wala pa sila mag sinukli-ay og komo, naka ila nami nila MAB ug EM kay maghisgot mi kung unsay mahitabo kung si Espi makig away ining mga Chicanos. Pero mas sikat si Hamed ining mga tungura.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:15 am 
Cruiserweight

Erik Morales was a constant figure in CH9 solar sports even before Pacman make wave in US...I first saw him defending his superbantam belt and i remember Quinito Henson quoting" palagay ko pag tinamaan ng kaliwa ni Manny to..may kalalagyan din to"...that time Manny was campaigning in lower division...

“I once was knocked out and I came back to win the title, so you can’t count him out. Pacquiao is still very dangerous... I don’t believe Manny is finished, he’s still one of the most dangerous fighters in the world.” - Roberto Duran

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:23 am 
Middleweight

before when someone talks about barrera the name erik morales easily comes up especially after their 1st bout. i think the first time i heard his name was during the barrera-hamed fight.

Last edited by lemuelskee on Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:30 am 
Welterweight

puerte wrote:
BCngDC wrote:
I already knew Morales & Barrera way before then because my friends would bring up what if Espi would fight any of these Chicanos. But Hamed was more popular then.

Translation - Diha nga wala pa sila mag sinukli-ay og komo, naka ila nami nila MAB ug EM kay maghisgot mi kung unsay mahitabo kung si Espi makig away ining mga Chicanos. Pero mas sikat si Hamed ining mga tungura.

Whats up with the translations?.... I dnt know why some of the peeps here has their own translations --- its annoying

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:34 am 
Middleweight

puerte wrote:
BCngDC wrote:

kinsa na si Espi bay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:40 am 
Heavyweight

BCngDC wrote:

Same here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:57 am 
Light Heavyweight

lemuelskee wrote:
puerte wrote:
BCngDC wrote:

kinsa na si Espi bay?
Si Luisito Espinosa ba.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:59 am 
Light Heavyweight

jondee5179 wrote:
puerte wrote:
BCngDC wrote:

Whats up with the translations?.... I dnt know why some of the peeps here has their own translations --- its annoying
So don't read the translations you *******. [Busa, ayaw ug basa ining mga gi translar estopido kaman diay.]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:10 am 
Middleweight

jondee5179 wrote:
puerte wrote:
BCngDC wrote:

pa corny..para sabihin marunong syang magbisaya..si pikon..trans: no need to translate mr. puerte since most pacmans can read and understand your post..
STFU..just paying back bro..remember ?