Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 7:56 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:21 pm 
Flyweight

I just can't understand what going on with BOB's mind. First, being the promoter of Pacman, why it is that he is more inclined of matching Marquez vs. Soto, when he already knew that Pacman is already interested in a rematch with Marquez. He still have the gall to question WBC of pitting Pacman against Marquez instead of installing Sotto as the mandatory challenger.

If he think that a Soto vs. Pacman fight is an interesting fight , then why not pit Pacman vs. Soto right away instead of a Pacman-Solis matchup in April 14. He mentioned that Pacman vs Marquez is not that attractive as Pacman vs. Soto, but being the promoter of the two, why he didn't matched the 2 right away?Instead he first want to have Soto first fight Marquez, hoping that Soto will dethrone Marquez , so that he can have all the gravy in a Pacman-Soto Championship fight. I guess it's all about the money. Arum just want to have a championship fight between his two Top Rank stalwarts rather than sharing it with GBP in case of Pacman - Marquez fight.

Second, knowing that Pacman is already cramming in his preparation for the SOLIS fight, but here comes Boib Arum wanting Pacman to go to Texas , ten days before the fight to promote his fight. Come on, that would be 5 days kess of training for Pacman who is already cramming. Is it not that, he Bob Arum as the promoter, has the responsibility to promote his boxers and not his boxers promote for his fights.

Now with all this taken into consideration, could it be that BOB ARUM , all along has nothing good in mind for Pacman. Perhaps he want Pacman to loss to SOLIS and salvage tha Mexican Pride which has long been tarnished by Pacman by almost annhilating the Mexican ARmada, Barrera, Morales and downing Marquez in 3 rounds.

Couldn't it be that Arum , being a Mexican descendant, asll along want pacman to be annihilated?

I hope Pacman, you could read this and analyze all this signs......... from yuor Filipino fans

I hope Manny , you let go of your Canadian ( KONZ ) and Mexican (ARUM ) associates. Because at the end of the day, when worse comes to worst, it would be only your Filipino friends (BOBOY, Wakki SAlud) and Coach Freddie would be at your side and of course your millionsd of Filipino fans and not your MEXICAN AND CANADIAN suckers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:24 pm 
Heavyweight

I'm pretty sure Arum is not Mexican bro. He's Jewish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:27 pm 
Light Heavyweight

are you sure Waki will be with Pac on a worst worst situation?
:peace:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:42 pm 
Light Heavyweight

what's wrong with bob arum?

it's similar as saying as what's wrong with manny pacquiao?

maybe have a touch of alzheimer's disease and parkinson's disease, noh!

who's losing touch of reality?

aihihihi!!! :)

baklita

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:40 pm 
Welterweight

baby boy wrote:
I just can't understand what going on with BOB's mind. First, being the promoter of Pacman, why it is that he is more inclined of matching Marquez vs. Soto, when he already knew that Pacman is already interested in a rematch with Marquez. He still have the gall to question WBC of pitting Pacman against Marquez instead of installing Sotto as the mandatory challenger.

If he think that a Soto vs. Pacman fight is an interesting fight , then why not pit Pacman vs. Soto right away instead of a Pacman-Solis matchup in April 14. He mentioned that Pacman vs Marquez is not that attractive as Pacman vs. Soto, but being the promoter of the two, why he didn't matched the 2 right away?Instead he first want to have Soto first fight Marquez, hoping that Soto will dethrone Marquez , so that he can have all the gravy in a Pacman-Soto Championship fight. I guess it's all about the money. Arum just want to have a championship fight between his two Top Rank stalwarts rather than sharing it with GBP in case of Pacman - Marquez fight.

Second, knowing that Pacman is already cramming in his preparation for the SOLIS fight, but here comes Boib Arum wanting Pacman to go to Texas , ten days before the fight to promote his fight. Come on, that would be 5 days kess of training for Pacman who is already cramming. Is it not that, he Bob Arum as the promoter, has the responsibility to promote his boxers and not his boxers promote for his fights.

Now with all this taken into consideration, could it be that BOB ARUM , all along has nothing good in mind for Pacman. Perhaps he want Pacman to loss to SOLIS and salvage tha Mexican Pride which has long been tarnished by Pacman by almost annhilating the Mexican ARmada, Barrera, Morales and downing Marquez in 3 rounds.

Couldn't it be that Arum , being a Mexican descendant, asll along want pacman to be annihilated?

I hope Pacman, you could read this and analyze all this signs......... from yuor Filipino fans

I hope Manny , you let go of your Canadian ( KONZ ) and Mexican (ARUM ) associates. Because at the end of the day, when worse comes to worst, it would be only your Filipino friends (BOBOY, Wakki SAlud) and Coach Freddie would be at your side and of course your millionsd of Filipino fans and not your MEXICAN AND CANADIAN suckers.

YOU HAVE A GOOD POINT BRO...
BUT THAT'S A 'PROMOTER'S GAME'
ANYWAY...
ARUM MAY BE TRYING TO
LIFT UP 'SOTO'S FAME
TO RAISE HIS 'STOCK VALUE'

WHO KNOWS... SOTO'S
WORTH SOON MAY BE
FOLDED A HUNDRED TIMES..?

[img]THESE DAYS SHALL BE GONE
BUT HE WHO CLINGS WITH HIM
WILL LAST
[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:46 pm 
Welterweight

arum , so as dela Hoya, ..both smell 'money'
with manny..... so they keep on trying to
maximize his worth for a longer years...
to earn more...of course