Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:27 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:24 pm 
Middleweight

I'M LOOKING FOR ROLANDO NAVARETTE FIGHTS ON TAPES:
VS. ALEXIS ARGUELLO VS. BOZA EDWARDS. VS. CHOI CHUNG IL VS. BAZOOKA LIMON ANYBODY WANT TO TRADE ?

Post subject: maybe
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:51 pm 
Strawweight

maybe, il see if aomeone i know has it in vhs format. btw, pac fyts for sale. 6 fights

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:56 am 
Heavyweight

MANILA BOY SA NYC wrote:
VS. ALEXIS ARGUELLO VS. BOZA EDWARDS. VS. CHOI CHUNG IL VS. BAZOOKA LIMON ANYBODY WANT TO TRADE ?
Did Rolando Navarette fought Alexis Arguello? Just asking my friends. I don't really know.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:59 am 
Light Heavyweight

MANILA BOY SA NYC wrote:

I really would like to help you but I was'nt born yet that time. :biglaugh: I defintely want to add that in my collection. That is truly a classic.
What about Gerry Penalosa vs. Horapin, anybody who has that fight vid? Gerry was really awesome there. It was really a perfect punch right at the jaw of horapin.BANG! and horapin did'nt know where he is.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:06 am 
Light Heavyweight

taurused wrote:
MANILA BOY SA NYC wrote:
Did Rolando Navarette fought Alexis Arguello? Just asking my friends. I don't really know.

taurused wrote:
MANILA BOY SA NYC wrote:

They fought in 1980. Arguello KO'd Roland in the 5th. I think Pareng boholano knows someone who has a copy of the fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:34 am 
Heavyweight

Thanks pareng Loubert. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:27 pm 
Cruiserweight

I HAVE A NAVARETTE KO5 BOZA-EDWARDS.(quality is good-score is 4 in a scale of 1-5, 1 lowest)- I SHOULD GET THAT NAVARETTE VS ARGUELLO SOON FROM SPAIN WITH THE ELORDE VS SADDLER FIGHT. got also old ones like frank cedeno tko6 magri, pascua tko6 gonzales, bohol w15 park. etc... i have over a thousand fights. like 21 espinosa fights, 18 pacquiao fights, 10 penalosa fights, 7 gamboa fights, 5 each of suico and mayol fights, 4 malcolm tunacao fights, 3 tampus fights.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:58 pm 

They fought in 1980. Arguello KO'd Roland in the 5th. I think Pareng boholano knows someone who has a copy of the fight.

It was actually a TKO because the fight was stopped due to a nasty cut suffered by Lando. The cut was caused by a legit punch. Arguello was too tall for Lando.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:31 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I use to have a copy of Lando vs ChoiChung Il and Bazzoka Limon, but my damn friend did not gave the tape back and its been years now, pesteng yawa! anyway that fight with Bazooka Limon was a heart breaker for Lando. I heard a rumor during those times that he did not take Limon seariously and he was always out drinking instead of training and taking care of himself. He could have been big.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:41 pm 

Kalabaw wrote:
I use to have a copy of Lando vs ChoiChung Il and Bazzoka Limon, but my damn friend did not gave the tape back and its been years now, pesteng yawa! anyway that fight with Bazooka Limon was a heart breaker for Lando. I heard a rumor during those times that he did not take Limon seariously and he was always out drinking instead of training and taking care of himself. He could have been big.

By the way, Lando avenged his lost to Limon by rematch held here in Manila. Just can't remember when and how. However, that Lando's win did not gave him any line for a title shot, as that time of rematch was the downtrend of both boxers' career. They were not serious contenders anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:04 am 
Cruiserweight

[quote="jawo"][quote="Kalabaw"]I use to have a copy of Lando vs ChoiChung Il and Bazzoka Limon, but my damn friend did not gave the tape back and its been years now, pesteng yawa! anyway that fight with Bazooka Limon was a heart breaker for Lando. I heard a rumor during those times that he did not take Limon seariously and he was always out drinking instead of training and taking care of himself. He could have been big.[/quote]

By the way, Lando avenged his lost to Limon by rematch held here in Manila. Just can't remember when and how. However, that Lando's win did not gave him any line for a title shot, as that time of rematch was the downtrend of both boxers' career. They were not serious contenders anymore.[/quote]-----------------------------------good memory pare. navarrete won by 10 round unanimous decision against limon on dec. 23,1988 in manila when both fighters were on the downside. back at those times if you are over 30 you are considered old or a has-been not like now where fighters are still fighting in their late 30's .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:34 am 
Heavyweight

interested in buying PAC's fights in US. how much and how? guarantee ill get it and how long it would take to be delivered. type of payment. BEST OFFER GETS IT