Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:33 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:22 pm 
Heavyweight

ric lois wrote:
Romy Nabas wrote:
i'm confused about the renaissance sorties

much as i love reading informative posts from paclanders, helven come to my mind
i also see these "experts" ( ric lois, dsource etc.) calling names like pacfans are immature, no boxing knowledge etc everytime we predicted pac will demolish the likes of dela hoya, hatton, diaz, cotto

and pacland evolved to pinoygreats.
not exclusive for pacman accomplishment but even extended to politics, religion and chit chat
it's now more fun in pacland than exclusively discussing purely boxing matter

this poser should be banned first! pretending to be a lawyer and no. 1 in name calling. read his post^

nyahahahhahahahahha

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

im in for renaissance
di ko papatulan to :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:43 pm 
Middleweight

Helven is right, bumaba na ang moral ng Pinoy greats ngayon..may mga posters na gustong mag post dito pero dahil sa di magandang response at sa mga nababasa nila ay ayaw ng mag post.. I believe this is a wake up call to all Paclanders that we should be more responsible and sensible of what we are posting here as well as how we respond to harsh comments, banning those non-sense posters is not an answer, we can do better than that, why not apply and practice this instead "kong gusto mo nang respeto romispeto ka muna and not the other way around.. wag suklian ang masasamang salita ng masasamang salita instead exercise self control.."

I am calling all posters with real intention to impart their knowledge as well as skills not to stop posting here because there are still some paclanders who are interested to read and learn to educate themselves..in fact, haters and non-sense posters are learning here as well :lol: learning is a continual process, everyone should know that 8)

so, Bro. Helven keep it up and God bless!

..he that believeth not is condemned already.. John 3:18

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:03 pm 
Middleweight

Romy Nabas wrote:
ric lois wrote:
Romy Nabas wrote:

much as i love reading informative posts from paclanders, helven come to my mind
i also see these "experts" ( ric lois, dsource etc.) calling names like pacfans are immature, no boxing knowledge etc everytime we predicted pac will demolish the likes of dela hoya, hatton, diaz, cotto

not exclusive for pacman accomplishment but even extended to politics, religion and chit chat

this poser should be banned first! pretending to be a lawyer and no. 1 in name calling. read his post^

nyahahahhahahahahha

im in for renaissance

nyahahahahah natakot si atorni laway nyahahahahahhaha losi mo paruton ka!

nyahahahahhahahah

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:16 pm 
Heavyweight

Sl@MDuNk_Mitsui14 wrote:
TBH, That's what separates PACLAND from the rest of the boxing sites, its diversity.

However I have to be honest as well, that there are a lot of immature "adult" members who just love to spread their stupidity in the forum with immature posts, personal attacks against fellow members whom they have disagreement with, and sadly they hugely outnumber sensible posters and they would gang up on you. Making it impossible to have a healthy debate with any of them because they resort to name-calling, comedic banter and personal attacks with anyone they come across with.

That's the reason we have a LOT of stupid topics here in PACLAND and worse, those FEW sensible topics are even hijacked and flooded with their posts as well, making those few sensible topics useless. :?

So I agree with the TS. It's time for the mods to be stricter and time for a PACLAND cleanup.
:hammer:

agree!!

i really miss those days!!!

esp the mullato and bcngdc toss up!!

kahit me banatan nun, andun pa rin ung pormalidad at tikas...ngayon paramihan at kuyugan na lang...i guess its clean up time..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:26 pm 
Heavyweight

Romy Nabas wrote:
ric lois wrote:
Romy Nabas wrote:

nyahahahhahahahahha

im in for renaissance

ric lois wrote:
nyahahahahah natakot si atorni laway nyahahahahahhaha losi mo paruton ka!

nyahahahahhahahah

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

di pa rin kita papatulan
im for renaissance :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:37 pm 
Welterweight

helven wrote:
There was a time when Cinderella_Man would make interesting threads about Lineal titles...
Old posters and newbies alike would gladly participate just to share and learn a thing or two

Freewheeze would occasionally dabble on historically significant themes...
Old posters and newbies alike would gladly participate just to share and learn a thing or two

theDon used to make catchy but informative threads about boxing in general...

Tristan Cruz did a lot of things for Philippine boxing...
Old posters and newbies alike would gladly participate just to share and learn a thing or two.

I used to make a few...
Old posters and newbies alike would gladly participate just to share and learn a thing or two.

A lot more sensible thread starters i failed to mention had also their shining moments of creativity without relying on hot links.

It seems the quality of general boxing interest on this site is declining. We hardly see something worthwhile nowadays.
Does it reflect the current state of Pacland?
Beautiful songs are always there to compose and so does sensible threads that keep us all fascinated.

Nick Giongco, Brad Cooney, Dennis Guillermo, Ricardo Lois, Coyote Duran, Henry Hascup (the uncrowned king of sports trivia), Grayfist(whom i suspect was a part-time boxing writer) and many more incognito used to drop by regularly and we were witnessed to wonderful exchange of ideas. Where are they now?

One statement struck me a few weeks ago, coming from an American boxing fan living in the Philippines who used to be a Pacland regular...
Jbowyer said when an old pal greeted and asked him about his long absence..

"Hey thanks! I used to post more, but I finally gave up. I post more on other sites where members have a higher boxing IQ. It is a shame that Pac's popularity has not translated into a better appreciation of Filipino boxers and boxing in general."

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=173429&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Brad Cooney shares the same thoughts...

"I stopped coming here for one simple reason. There was way too much childish behavior. Insults, hateful comments, just a lot of garbage. Most of the other writers stopped coming in here as well because a lot of times when we would share boxing information, there would be nothing but hostile insults in return. Who needs that? Ive been called every fat insult known to man in Pacland, mostly by grown adults. Life's too short to have to deal with a situation that's not positive and not healthy. There are a lot of really good boxing fans that come to Pacland, but the group of haters in Pacland spoke loudly, and I for one got sick of dealing with it. I created http://www.8countnews.com about a year and a half ago, and keep busy with that. Pacland is a great forum, hopefully the mods clean up the few that make it not so nice."

And this coming from an ordinary poster just like us...
PACaddict...

"I used to post regularly. But when PAC’s popularity soared higher, so is the posts that lacked sense at all. Almost everybody's bashing everybody. name-calling or insulting ones intellect. Just doesn't make any sense anymore."

Well, we already had El Critico and Asong Kalye before for comedy relief.
Name calling, swearing, flaming, you name it, were already there but there were some good topics around to balance the situation.

With due respect to Visayanboy...the guy makes some attention-grabbing boxing topics but could anyone imagine him lording the front page before? Well, his replies are beside the point but i, for one, am guilty of going thru the motions.

In rare instances, we still see Emmanuel53 single-handedly lighting up the intelligent discussions. Or maybe we need some trigger like Wheeled_Warrior or Fuego to keep the ball rolling.

All these are reflections of what we used to be and what we are now.
There's just so many things to say...

For a start, how do we regain the sense of respectability we once have?
How, as Pacquiao fans, do we get rid of the unpleasant tag to our image as Pactards or Pacquiao Nuthuggers?

What is your suggestion towards a fresh start?

merge similar threads or delete the useless ones.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:37 pm 
Cruiserweight

insoyuz72 wrote:
i don't think it's the haters that are throwing insults everywhere. it is the pactards that does a lot of that.

for one reason. they're confident that if the poster that criticizes packy responds, more pactards will overwhelm the poster with more insults. in pacland term. "kuyog"

Lezz do it! Revive PRMO also. Master hunghang comebak!!! :diablo:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:50 pm 
Heavyweight

helven wrote:
In rare instances, we still see Emmanuel53 single-handedly lighting up the intelligent discussions. Or maybe we need some trigger like Wheeled_Warrior or Fuego to keep the ball rolling.

How, as Pacquiao fans, do we get rid of the unpleasant tag to our image as Pactards or Pacquiao Nuthuggers?

The more knowledgeable boxing experts have migrated to boxingscene and the like. Maybe even Helven. E53, Lildevalt and a few others are all that we have left. What we have an abundance of are morons who pride themselves in their stupidity, calling posters like E53 as Floydiots.

2012 wishlist: less numbnuts like yortheman, more intelligent posters like helven.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:55 pm 
Welterweight

what we can do is just ignore stupid posts/threads and stupid replies.

let's go for a clean, sensible, and intelligent pacland.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:02 pm 
Cruiserweight

.. i for one enjoyed reading the exchanges between Emmanuele53, helven, lildevalt, reigncourts in the Duran thread. matter of fact, it's bookmarked in my browser. though i haven't visited it in a while. also in Politics, we have sensible posters like Don Robert, Pacstorm, Romy Nabas, gambol and Mullato. in GCC, we have mexifan, soyamilk and HD.

the guys i mentioned, they will always have my utmost respect. we need guys like them.

Occupy Pinoygreats!! :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:13 pm 
Middleweight

ladykiller wrote:
Its interesting that this thread from Helven (whom i guess not active anymore) stayed unreplied for almost 2 years in Pacland/Pinoygreats and its timing now is almost perfect, thanks mysql for the hukay :D

Pacland is saturated with namecalling, insulting..you name it and its here.
I believe a stricter regulations from the mods is necessary now more than ever.

Funny when someone criticizes Pacman and all others will come to degrade the intelligence of the poster/TS.
What happen to freedom of opinion, as long as the poster is civil enough to convey his side?

BTW, hijacking of a thread should also be strictly policed by the mods.
There are so many threads that is way out of context during the exchanges of Paclanders "expert opinion" :D

Just my thoughts :)

It just shows that this forum hasn't changed. I you dig deeper about 8 years back, you'll find out that this forum was always lie this and always will be. just enjoy posting :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:17 pm 
Light Heavyweight

HATERS dominate PACLAND nowadays. Panahon na nila THESUBVERSIVE etc. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:23 pm 
Heavyweight

helven wrote:
There was a time when Cinderella_Man would make interesting threads about Lineal titles...

Freewheeze would occasionally dabble on historically significant themes...

theDon used to make catchy but informative threads about boxing in general...

Tristan Cruz did a lot of things for Philippine boxing...

I used to make a few...

A lot more sensible thread starters i failed to mention had also their shining moments of creativity without relying on hot links.

It seems the quality of general boxing interest on this site is declining. We hardly see something worthwhile nowadays.
Does it reflect the current state of Pacland?
Beautiful songs are always there to compose and so does sensible threads that keep us all fascinated.

Nick Giongco, Brad Cooney, Dennis Guillermo, Ricardo Lois, Coyote Duran, Henry Hascup (the uncrowned king of sports trivia), Grayfist(whom i suspect was a part-time boxing writer) and many more incognito used to drop by regularly and we were witnessed to wonderful exchange of ideas. Where are they now?

One statement struck me a few weeks ago, coming from an American boxing fan living in the Philippines who used to be a Pacland regular...
Jbowyer said when an old pal greeted and asked him about his long absence..

"Hey thanks! I used to post more, but I finally gave up. I post more on other sites where members have a higher boxing IQ. It is a shame that Pac's popularity has not translated into a better appreciation of Filipino boxers and boxing in general."

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=173429&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Brad Cooney shares the same thoughts...

"I stopped coming here for one simple reason. There was way too much childish behavior. Insults, hateful comments, just a lot of garbage. Most of the other writers stopped coming in here as well because a lot of times when we would share boxing information, there would be nothing but hostile insults in return. Who needs that? Ive been called every fat insult known to man in Pacland, mostly by grown adults. Life's too short to have to deal with a situation that's not positive and not healthy. There are a lot of really good boxing fans that come to Pacland, but the group of haters in Pacland spoke loudly, and I for one got sick of dealing with it. I created http://www.8countnews.com about a year and a half ago, and keep busy with that. Pacland is a great forum, hopefully the mods clean up the few that make it not so nice."

And this coming from an ordinary poster just like us...
PACaddict...

"I used to post regularly. But when PAC’s popularity soared higher, so is the posts that lacked sense at all. Almost everybody's bashing everybody. name-calling or insulting ones intellect. Just doesn't make any sense anymore."

Well, we already had El Critico and Asong Kalye before for comedy relief.
Name calling, swearing, flaming, you name it, were already there but there were some good topics around to balance the situation.

With due respect to Visayanboy...the guy makes some attention-grabbing boxing topics but could anyone imagine him lording the front page before? Well, his replies are beside the point but i, for one, am guilty of going thru the motions.

First of all, welcome back bro. :D

Indeed, how do we get rid of the pactard/pacnuthugger brand? Probably by tolerating sensible criticism of Pacquiao. Emphasis on sensible criticism. Sadly, most haters are nonsense. How do we then deal with them, aside from pachater-bashing we're so expert on? :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:25 pm 
Cruiserweight

sparrow wrote:
ladykiller wrote:
Its interesting that this thread from Helven (whom i guess not active anymore) stayed unreplied for almost 2 years in Pacland/Pinoygreats and its timing now is almost perfect, thanks mysql for the hukay :D

Pacland is saturated with namecalling, insulting..you name it and its here.
I believe a stricter regulations from the mods is necessary now more than ever.

Funny when someone criticizes Pacman and all others will come to degrade the intelligence of the poster/TS.
What happen to freedom of opinion, as long as the poster is civil enough to convey his side?

BTW, hijacking of a thread should also be strictly policed by the mods.
There are so many threads that is way out of context during the exchanges of Paclanders "expert opinion" :D

Just my thoughts :)

It just shows that this forum hasn't changed. I you dig deeper about 8 years back, you'll find out that this forum was always lie this and always will be. just enjoy posting :D

Now that you've mentioned it. Funny how we, some posters, reacted to the thread title...But it's all what this site needed.

It's really good to pay attention to the date of the thread was made.

Lang ya ka MYSQL :lol:

TO RENAISSANCE :biglaugh:

____
Cowards hide behind anonymity
Live Responsibly!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:35 pm 
Cruiserweight

..to be honest, it really can't be helped if some people come in here just to have a good time..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next