Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:20 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:39 am 
Cruiserweight

1. may i suggest that we have MORE news about the ongoing fiba asia tourney in the frontpage. many would agree they are more relevant than those other news. paisa isa lang ang news re FIBA. can we round up maybe the news from gma, abs, inquirer, etc

2. posting generally in english only. mayb i request that you scrap such rule. i could present to you the threads with Melinda from the land of oz in gen chit chat and the forumers handled the thread well. she is an australian and the forumers accorded her the appropriate conversation... in english. many would agree that it is.... (sorry for the choice of word because there is no word more fitting) stup1d to talk to a fellow filipino in a foreign language.

sirs, just let the decision to post in english rest in the shoulder of the poster. we posters know when to post in english or in filipino.

ok lang ma ban due to spamming etc... but posting in filipino by a filipino? nahhhh...i dont know.

thank you.

Pag sinabi ko... Fact yun

Ak ak ak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:45 am 
Cruiserweight

regarding my request to scrap the rule in posting generally in english... it should be scrapped in all threads... not just in chit chat.

thanks

Ak ak ak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:45 am 
Heavyweight

FIBA Asia threads are now front page.

However, is posting in English required? I'm not aware of that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:47 am 
Cruiserweight

genetophile wrote:

not the basketball thread I am requesting pre.... News... news... news... that is my request.

Ak ak ak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:56 am 
Cruiserweight

but.... if no other forumers support my request to scrap the rule... then i gladly take it back... the request really is for those who had been banned on that ground.

Ak ak ak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:02 am 
Heavyweight

paktokyo wrote:
genetophile wrote:

not the basketball thread I am requesting pre.... News... news... news... that is my request.

i see. i think the suggestion sounds reasonable.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:11 am 
Light Heavyweight

Rules are rules. Even in our own houses we have rules like: No swearing or you cant walk around the house naked. Yes even in your own house you cant do what pleases you. Why? Because your family member might get offended or feel disrespected. Its alright if youre living alone and you are not the only forumer in pinoygreats.

PS
Favor naman mga bro. Please make the Gilas logo or Philippine flag your avatar to show your support to the national team. I think it's a much better gesture than speaking in tagalog :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:24 am 
Light Heavyweight

I agree, let us support Gilas tonight.. win or win ...:-)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:37 am 
Cruiserweight

FearNoEvil wrote:
Rules are rules. Even in our own houses we have rules like: No swearing or you cant walk around the house naked. Yes even in your own house you cant do what pleases you. Why? Because your family member might get offended or feel disrespected. Its alright if youre living alone and you are not the only forumer in pinoygreats.

PS
Favor naman mga bro. Please make the Gilas logo or Philippine flag your avatar to show your support to the national team. I think it's a much better gesture than speaking in tagalog :wink:

and some rules do not make sense... i follow the rules still though...

i am simply suggesting that it'd be scrapped.

rule: post generally in english

pros: accommodate 5max foreigners in the forum section... i say 5 maximum... that is what history would say... how many foreigners do we interact with frequently???.. they do not even post much. repeat.... foreigners who do not post much.

con: bannish frequent filipino posters from time to time.... repeat... bannish FREQUENT posters

even without the rule, we filipinos still would post in english anyway... and I present our conversations with Melinda in the gen chit chat... the rule does not apply there yet we still posted in english.

Ak ak ak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:44 am 
Lightweight

paktokyo wrote:
1. may i suggest that we have MORE news about the ongoing fiba asia tourney in the frontpage. many would agree they are more relevant than those other news. paisa isa lang ang news re FIBA. can we round up maybe the news from gma, abs, inquirer, etc

2. posting generally in english only. mayb i request that you scrap such rule. i could present to you the threads with Melinda from the land of oz in gen chit chat and the forumers handled the thread well. she is an australian and the forumers accorded her the appropriate conversation... in english. many would agree that it is.... (sorry for the choice of word because there is no word more fitting) stup1d to talk to a fellow filipino in a foreign language.

sirs, just let the decision to post in english rest in the shoulder of the poster. we posters know when to post in english or in filipino.

ok lang ma ban due to spamming etc... but posting in filipino by a filipino? nahhhh...i dont know.

thank you.
nothing we can do bro.. because most of the members here in pacland are Half Half.....

Half pinoy......half Visaya!

number one si gambol.. ang hari ng mga troll! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:52 am 
Heavyweight

how come this national team have international players? :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:55 am 
Cruiserweight

el critico wrote:
how come this national team have international players? :biglaugh:

you are out of topic troll.

Ak ak ak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:27 am 
Heavyweight

i agree

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:36 am 
Heavyweight

paktokyo wrote:
regarding my request to scrap the rule in posting generally in english... it should be scrapped in all threads... not just in chit chat.

thanks

keep trying posting in English even if in wrong tenses and at least you tried it and it will benefit for you in a long run

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:39 am 
Cruiserweight

batang kamuning wrote:
paktokyo wrote:

thanks

keep trying posting in English even if in wrong tenses and at least you tried it and it will benefit for you in a long run

you missed it....my grammar is not the issue.

Ak ak ak